• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I...wha...

This is the year where we got a bunch of actually unfinished games released and sold very well mainly because of their title.

Because, you know, we all thought that Sonic Boom was was going to be a really good game in the long run.

Spoiler:

...Just...gonna right that off as a coincidence.

But yeah, and Kotaku wrote an article similar to this recently that I found pretty interesting. Granted, it's more on games being broken, but it does fall under the same umbrella.

http://kotaku.com/new-video-games-shouldnt-be-so-broken-1658570535

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
RIP Steam's holiday auctions. Disabled within the first day because it was so heavily exploited. lol.

But yeah, and Kotaku wrote an article similar to this recently that I found pretty interesting. Granted, it's more on games being broken, but it does fall under the same umbrella.

http://kotaku.com/new-video-games-shouldnt-be-so-broken-1658570535

Good lord. I'm not interested in any of the ones it listed so I wasn't familiar with their problems until now.. and that's amazing and ridiculous. AC: Unity, you fall through the ground, and get stuck in the hay carts.

Although falling through the map isn't exactly a new problem, I suppose. Seems to be fairly common, in games new and old. (I guess I should mention there's an s-bomb and an f-bomb.)

But this is getting out of hand, too. Other devs really should stop following Bethesda's poor examples of a "finished" product. D:

Last edited:

Sir Codin

In a world where game developers can get away with "oh, if there's a problem, we can just make an update" and DLC, expect more and more games to be released as unfinished products.

Of course, it isn't like this is an entirely new phenomenon. PC games as far back as the mid-90's have required patches to fix problems after release.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I think in the end the public is going to pick up what's going on, and that's when the real ****storm will take place. You can do it once, you can do it twice, but the 3rd time a broken product will reveal itself. The only way they would get away with it is if games could auto update on standby, at least for DD titles, when away from home, and the brokeness doesn't seem that apparent.

Sir Codin

Okay, I've put this off for a long time, but I've made my decision.

I will dedicate my winter break to actually beating Dark Souls.

Feel free to give a moment of silence to all the lives I am about to lose.

Years
From what I've heard about Dark Souls, you can die at the main menu. I actually might try my hand at DS and DS2, if there is a sale on for them then I am definitely gonna pick them, or at least one, up.

Sir Codin

Gawddammit, I'm up to the point where I'm facing these Bell Gargoyles in Dark Souls (I'm a Warrior, btw) and these guys just keeping owning my ass and I'm like "**** THIS ****, ****ING RAGE QUIT, SCREW THESE GUYS IMMA GO MASTURBATE THEN GO TO BED.

Sir Codin

Christ almighty, I finally beat those stupid Gargoyles. Pelt them with Firebombs.

Sir Codin

I didn't know 13-year old wannabe-hardcore misanthropes with scene haircuts, skinny jeans, and nu-metal band t-shirts could make video games.

TY

So Gearbox made a new DLC for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, but it turns out to be a horrible waste of cash and a even worse cashgrab than your generic map pack from your generic shooter. Yes it is possible to be worse of a DLC than the map packs from CoD.

Sir Codin

Finish your product, goddammit.

Sir Codin

Pfft. They've been doing that crap since the 90's.

Now it's "let's sell a half-completed game then sell the other half as DLC and claim they were just afterthoughts. IT PRINTS MONEY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back