• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Gym Leader?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

So the question is who is your favorite Gym Leader? For me it was Norman it was cool having a Father and even cooler have a battle with him and he was a tough challenge seeing as you had to battle him right after the 4th Gym with only the Route 111 desert to train in :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've always liked Wattson. I know that's a weird answer, but I always found him to be a pretty cool guy. Plus you get Thunderbolt from him for doing a nice little sidequest, and I like more chances to level up tbh. And there's a Thunder Stone in that area. So yeah. Even though RSE are my favorites, I've always found that the gym leaders of that region really lacked in personality, aside from Wattson and Wallace. That's just game wise though. I'm sure they were better in the anime or something.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Flannery! She's so firey and exciting, I love her personality and her team is very cool indeed. I would have preferred for her to be a bit stronger and to make more of an appearance both in the games and the franchise in general but I loved the small amounts she was there for and she had the most notable personality by far out of the Hoenn leaders for me. I also liked Wattson's cheerful attitude and Wallace was rather fancy, but Flannery is top for me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
No love for Juan? Good 'cause I like Wallace better anyways haha. He had the flare and the pizzazz; all the other gym leaders *coughBrawly* were kinda boring to be honest.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Tate and Liz. I was fascinated when they allowed me to battle them both at once. Also, unlike most gym leaders, their Pokémon weren't very easy to take down. It was quite a challenge. I like Flannery, too, because we seem to have a lot in common (such as our love for fire-type Pokémon). =)

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Going with Tate & Liza here. They are the only ones with dual gyms, and in other words ULTIMATE.
And they finish their own sentences! Like twins! How cool is that?

Fighting Girl

Fighting Type Master
Years
Wattson and Brawly. Wattson because he is a cool old man who looks like he would be fun to hang around. Brawly because he is a fighting trainer and he is strong too.

Years
I really liked Wallace as a Gym Leader, so I was a bit disappointed that they replaced him with Juan in Emerald. Aside from him, I also liked Wattson- not only for his personality, but the fact that he's one of the few leaders that actually do something other than stay inside their gyms 24/7.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I like Wiona, merely because her outfit is somewhat different to everyone elses, It's a cool outfit.
Pluse she's ver cute <3

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Flannery is my favorite Gym Leader.
She's hot and strong (she beat me 10 times when I first play RSE).
And, FIRE!

Years
Flannery. Her gym probably had one of the most mysterious mazes and because of how easy it was for me to defeat her since I generally favored water Pokémon back then..

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hm, not many stood out TOO well for me. What was that flying ones name again? Ill just call her "Flying Person". I remember when I was a bit younger I had trouble with her, Altaria I hate you so much /).-

Years
Winona or Tate & Liza! Loved the blues and purples in Winona's design and the twins were pretty adorable.

Years
Flannery, because let's face it, she is like the hottest Pokemon character there is, not just because of her type affinity. ;D

I also really liked Juan, the dude was really classy and smooth. A gentleman. He kind of reminds me of a younger 'Most interesting man in the world' from the Dos Equis beer commercials. XD

Years
Flannery, because despite her initial struggles and blunders, she eventually strides in overcoming the "newbiness" she had as a new gym leader.

Screw that, she's hot either way.

Years
For me it was Norman it was cool having a Father and even cooler have a battle with him and he was a tough challenge seeing as you had to battle him right after the 4th Gym with only the Route 111 desert to train in :D

This. Hands down my favorite Gym Leader also. As stated, it was amazing how you had to battle your own father to proceed on your journey. It feels like its time to prove to your father, that you have grown, and that you have surpassed him. Norman was quite tough, and very annoying when he started spamming Endeavor with his Slaking.

Back