• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
i thought whitney and chuck no- i mean chuck was pretty hard

miltank was a staller that i ran out of pp
chuck's poliwrath wiped out almost my whole team until...
now was it pidgeot?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I've never had any particular trouble with Whitney and her Miltank. My biggest problem is Bugsy. At that stage in the game, there's not much in the way of Fire or Flying-types. Hoothoot and Pidgey are all very well, but that Scyther hits so hard that it doesn't matter. Arceus help you if you started with Chikorita, and even if you had a Totodile it was tricky enough. That Scyther just bounces around the field with its U-Turn.

Clair was horribly difficult too, but by that stage of the game there were plenty of options so it wasn't so bad.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Clair, only because of her Kingdra. Other than that I don't normally have many problems with any other gym leader really...

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I definitely found Claire the most difficult, much for the same reasons that I'm stuck on Lance in the League. I have nothing that's good against Dragons except a Gyarados that knows Avalanche. That worked okay-ish for Claire though.

Second to her is definitely Morty, though.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
like most people here, i'd have to go with that miltank! mostly because i wasn't expecting that annoying milk drink. and because at the time, ALL my pokemon were male, so they all fell prey to attract. she was the only trainer i lost to.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
I would have to say Claire. However I found if you use a Pokemon on the normal type side, you can defeat her with ease. With the MooMoo milk? I just make sure my pokemon is much faster, because by the time she takes her turn to heal her Miltank, you've already moved in for the KO and her Miltank is down.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
With Whitney's Miltank, I just spammed fly. It's like, super effective because not only does roll-out miss, but you hit with a very powerful attack from above.
But isn't Fly a HM you can obtain well after Whitney's gym? =p

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
Whitney. Honestly, Claire was pretty easy. My Gyarados had Dragon Rage, Twister, and Ice Fang. I also got a Dratini at the Game Corner early on.

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
Whitney for sure. Even in the originals, her miltank's rollout was a major pissoff against my quilava and rest of my team. Using super potions meant nothing after her rollout built up over time...

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
having just beaten claire, i'd say she comes close after whitney... or possibly on the same level, simply because i don't really have many good pokemon against dragon type, and ice moves weren't that effective on all of them!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Clair was the hardest for me. When I got there my team were around the 36, 37's while her Kingdra was 41. I had to restart 5 times before beating her off a critical hit. Chuck was hard for me as well with his Poliwrath.

Back