• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Even if dual-typed moves were to introduced I don't think they would work like Sabrewulf238 explained.

I think it would simply be about fusing the two types in one attack, just like we fuse the two types' weaknesses/resistances in dual-typed Pokémon. For example:
Fighting moves are SE against: Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, Steel
Fighting moves are NVE against: Poison, Flying, Psychic, Bug
Fighting moves have no effect on: Ghost
Ghost moves are SE against: Psychic, Ghost
Ghost moves are NVE against: Dark, Steel
Ghost moves have no effect on: Normal

So, a Fighting/Ghost move like Shadow Punch would:
be SE against: Ice, Rock
be NVE against: Poison, Flying, Psychic, Bug
have no effect on: Normal, Ghost

And Freeze Shock would:
be SE against: Flying (x4)
be NVE against: Fire, Ice, Steel
have no effect on: Ground

I've always agreed that some moves would make more sense if they were dual-typed, but imo this would make the game too complicated. It would just take too much time for one to calculate the effect that the attack would have in the opponent. Still, this would only be applied to a few attacks, so you wouldn't be forced to use it.

Also, about the lack of room for second type buttons to appear on an attack's information page, I don't think that's an obstacle if they want to make dual-typed moved. A single typed move would be like
CWHtzeN.png
and a dual typed move would be like
B9ADp1K.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I totally agree with pedrito3_poke here. The lack of an extra type box can.be easily put to half. Good thoughts!
But what if the Water/Electric move has a side effect in which it is SE against Flying type? That must be it and we have our answer now if you tell me.

Years
i think you all misunderstood what dual-typed attacks are, this is pokebeach' explanation-
"Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that"

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
"Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that"

Now this would make some kind of sense. I really don't like the other option, as it would complicate things too much imo

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
i think you all misunderstood what dual-typed attacks are, this is pokebeach' explanation-

I had already mentioned that:
Maybe we have been misinterpreting it.
PokéBeach said:
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

Still, I don't think we misunderstood it. Those are not called dual-typed moves, so the leaker either got it wrong, or he was right and there will actually be dual-typed moves.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
If I remember correctly, the guy we think is the source of this posted somewhere else saying that WPM calling the moves "dual-typed" was misleading- he was actually referring to moves that were listed as and took STAB from one type but that have the relations of another type. So like Psyshock, but with types.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
The thing is i found a website yesterday on youtube about beta testing. Is Nintendo beta testing the pokemon x and y ?

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Dsxcris, that looks like a virus downloader to me... It doesn't look as if it were officially made by Nintendo and if it were a beta, there'd be videos of the guy playing and not the guy explaining how to get it IMO.

If anyone downloads it, make sure you have a strong antivirus and be prepared for the worst case scenario haha.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
The thing is i found a website yesterday on youtube about beta testing. Is Nintendo beta testing the pokemon x and y ?

Hell no. I'm 99% sure that is a virus. Beta tests like that are something you see for MMO's, not 3DS games. I don't even think a legit 3DS emulator even exists right now in the first place.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If you see a website offering a beta of Pokemon X & Y to download to your computer there shouldn't be any question about whether it's legitimate or not.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hell no. I'm 99% sure that is a virus. Beta tests like that are something you see for MMO's, not 3DS games. I don't even think a legit 3DS emulator even exists right now in the first place.
That's right, no 3DS emulator is available as of the moment. And yes I'm also 99.99 percent sure it's a virus.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I've just thought of another rumor. Will there ever be an outdoor Pokemon Center? I just wish that I could fly to another town immediately after I heal my Pokemon rather than having to run all the way out of the Center before doing so.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If I remember correctly, the guy we think is the source of this posted somewhere else saying that WPM calling the moves "dual-typed" was misleading- he was actually referring to moves that were listed as and took STAB from one type but that have the relations of another type. So like Psyshock, but with types.

You mean like, for example, a STAB Normal move that's SE against Rock types due to its Fighting type characteristic? Sounds much more simpler than an actual dual-type move. So that rumor of Clauncher's move could be real after all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Psyshock is no where close to what the guy is describing. It doesn't change type or STAB relation. If he were trying to make a believable rumor then he should have said Hidden Power which is a Normal Attack that does a different Typed damage and the Damage type is what gives it STAB.

Other attacks that do the same thing are Natural Gift which changes type based on the Berry held. Its classified as a Normal Type attack, but the power and type of Damage as well as STAB depend on the held berry.

Nature Power is a location version that also does the same thing.

There are three existing attacks that meet the criteria of what was said.

The fact that he changed what he said the meaning was AFTER the large scale info release and that both a New type and TWO new battle formats were shown but no other battle changes were made, is just the same as that crazy Rapture guy changing the date of the Rapture after the day had actually passed and nothing happened.

Psyshock and Psystrike deal damage using the opponent's Defense stat rather than Special Defense as they are Special attacks. This is not anywhere similar to Changing type or changing STAB. The attack is still based the same and calculated the same offensively. The only difference is that the opponent's Physical Defenses are what take the hit. Offensive status doesn't change as its a Special attack dealing damage based on Special Attack stat, but the damage is physical.

You mean like, for example, a STAB Normal move that's SE against Rock types due to its Fighting type characteristic? Sounds much more simpler than an actual dual-type move. So that rumor of Clauncher's move could be real after all.

We have moves somewhat similar already so Clauncher's move was never really doubted, the Dual Type thing is. Its possible to code an attack to be one type but deal additional damage to another type not related to the effectiveness already set.

Chip Away is a distant relative to this idea in a way. It is a move that completely ignores Defense buffs by the opponent so it always does +0 DEF damage Calculations.

You even have coded Abilities that deal additional damage to Pokemon with a specific type of attack. A Pokemon with Dry Skin take an additional 25% damage from Fire attacks. A Pokemon like Paras and Parasect are the only two to go over x4 Damage as they take x5 Damage from Fire attacks when they have Dry Skin. A Pokemon that isn't weak is now somewhat weak to it. It also gives the user attacking a Pokemon with Dry Skin almost STAB like effect as its only half of what STAB is if you don't want to call it adding a fire weakness to the Pokemon.

Its not really hard to believe they'd make a Water attack and code it so that it does extra damage to another type that isn't Rock, Ground, or Fire.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Psyshock is no where close to what the guy is describing. It doesn't change type or STAB relation. If he were trying to make a believable rumor then he should have said Hidden Power which is a Normal Attack that does a different Typed damage and the Damage type is what gives it STAB.

Other attacks that do the same thing are Natural Gift which changes type based on the Berry held. Its classified as a Normal Type attack, but the power and type of Damage as well as STAB depend on the held berry.

Nature Power is a location version that also does the same thing.

There are three existing attacks that meet the criteria of what was said.

Except that's not what I said at all. I was talking about moves that have one type for STAB and one for damage dealt, not moves that change type entirely. Psyshock is like that, but with mismatched damage categories instead of types.

Also, Chip Away has nothing to do with moves that have additional type effectiveness rules. It simply ignores defense boosts rather than changing effect depending on the boosts of the opponent. It's more like a move that ignores type advantages entirely and always does neutral damage, which doesn't really exist yet except as fixed-damage attacks. Clauncher's flying-SE water attack is more like Stomp doing double damage to Pokemon that've used Minimize.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Except that's not what I said at all. I was talking about moves that have one type for STAB and one for damage dealt, not moves that change type entirely. Psyshock is like that, but with mismatched damage categories instead of types.

Also, Chip Away has nothing to do with moves that have additional type effectiveness rules. It simply ignores defense boosts rather than changing effect depending on the boosts of the opponent. It's more like a move that ignores type advantages entirely and always does neutral damage, which doesn't really exist yet except as fixed-damage attacks. Clauncher's flying-SE water attack is more like Stomp doing double damage to Pokemon that've used Minimize.

STAB is calculated on damage. The attack would have to match Damage's type to the pokemon's type. Which is why Hidden Power, Nature Power, and Natural Gift do not give STAB unless the damage is the same type. That still does not match Psyshock's damage calculation in any way.

Chip away matches the extra damage because its an attack that ignore pre-programed code that would otherwise lessen the damage. If the attack can deal additional damage to a type it does not normally effect, then that is a mandatory effect coded in to bypass flying's neutral damage from water type attacks. The coding would be similar to that of Chip Away's.

Stomp doesn't deal SE damage. Its Damage is doubled, yes but in the same way the defense curl powers up roll out or iceball. They still get normal resist checks in the damage equation instead of overriding part of the equation out.

You also have Psywave as a pretty good example. Psychic Attack that deals Typeless Damage so it ignores Psychic Type's STAB as well as Weakness and Resistance checks. Only thing it doesn't block is immunity which is odd but I think immunity has a harder code set in.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
I seen on Serebii that Fennekin Will be Fire/Psychic because in Hobby world fair thats one of his moves are Psychic

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I seen on Serebii that Fennekin Will be Fire/Psychic because in Hobby world fair thats one of his moves are Psychic

Serebii never said it would be Fire/Psychic. It looks more likely and I do think Fennekin will end up Fire/Psychic but nothing has been confirmed.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
We saw Fennekin use Psybeam in one of the trailers so it is Possible, Plus Fennekin looks like it will be a Fire/psychic.

Back