• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Also, at Scarf's combo-breaker, I'm sorry work made your morning suck. I've had a similar issue happen at work where a trans person comes in and ruins the opinion of them for everyone in any nearby area. >__> Then you try to tell your co-workers differently, and not all trans people are the same, nor act the same, and it.. doesn't work. I feel you there.
The part about it that bothers me the most is that no one else who was there tried to say anything to her and she took the silence as agreement so I was left alone to try to be reasonable. I mean, I could tell people I'm trans (but I don't want to and I can easily pass as not trans when I choose to), but I keep hoping I can convince her to be reasonable without resorting to that.

What are your 5 most important non-negotiables when it comes to dating?

Eh, I only came up with 4, but they cover most everything.

1. Wit. I want to be able to talk with someone about a lot of different things and be stimulated mentally by being around them.
2. No substance abuse. I used to think this meant no drinking/smoking/anything whatsoever, but circumstances have made me amend that position somewhat.
3. Nerdy/geeky. That's what I am. They don't have have to be nerdy about the same things, but if they can't understand my interests because they have nothing even remotely similar in their life it's not going to be a long lasting relationship.
4. Not a Repubilcan. In other words someone who isn't simultaneously very religious, a gun-lover, anti-gay, and so on. There would be too many conflicts. I suppose I could maybe see myself dating someone who was seriously religious, but I just can't see someone like that being devoid of other qualities I don't like.

Edit: Yeah, ~Kawaii~, you can join. Andy will add you to the list but go ahead and jump in anytime.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
4. Not a Repubilcan. In other words someone who isn't simultaneously very religious, a gun-lover, anti-gay, and so on. There would be too many conflicts. I suppose I could maybe see myself dating someone who was seriously religious, but I just can't see someone like that being devoid of other qualities I don't like.

I agree with that one. It doesn't come in as the fifth though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@ everyone, wow, there were alot of responses! There were alot of similarities among our relationship needs; you are starting to make me think that we should all start pairing off...lmao!

I'll pair off with Scarf!!!

If he can handle that I'm a Republican that happens to not be overly religious, a gun hater, pro-gay, and so on. :3c

On the subject of dating someone with different beliefs, I don't mind them having different beliefs as me, as long as they aren't pushing them on me and telling me that what I think is wrong. I just grew up learning to accept and love people for who they are, race, religion, sex, sexuality, etc aside. Breaks my heart when people can't do that. :( So if anything, I'd just have to be with someone accepting.

Also, I could have probably thought of 10 things for that list. I'm that picky. ;(

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@nakuzami

You don't know who he is? Oh, you are 13, then you probably have never heard of Fast and the Furious(unless they made a bunch of sequals) or Joy Ride; they were both out in theatres a little over 10 years ago. He isn't quite as popular nowadays, but his hotness remains intact!
Well, I wouldn't want you to miss out, so here is a picture of Paul Walker:
Spoiler:

But anyways, he looks like Paul Walker and John Krasinski (from "the Office") combine. So he's kind of sexy and adorable rolled into one. But I want to stress that I am much more picky about a person's morals, ambitions, personality/temperament, and intentions than I am about appearance. Appearance-wise, the only "requirement" is attractive, lol; it's all by my own subjectivity.

Oh, him. Yeah, I've . . . well, I think I tried to watch one of the Fast and the Furious movies (I tihnk either the first or second) but I . . . wasn't too into it, lol.
I also don't watch The Office. That show seemed extremely stupid the few times I tried :/

As far as those non-negotiables go . . . well, I don't really know, really, but I figure one of them would be that he doesn't smoke or do drugs . . . or is an alchoholic (ugh, I've had enough of that with my brother >.>) but beyond that, I'm not quite sure what I have and don't have set in stone about all that, lol.

Ugh, the more I come here the more I feel that I want to come out/get a boyfriend, lol. Though, I guess that's a good thing xD

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
mm mm Paul Walkerrr <3

Anyway as for "non-negotiable" things...

Well I don't have many, if I like you I like you and that's all there is too it.
Smoking is a big turn off for me, as is drug use, if my partner did those things then I'd probably want them to stop it. I'm not a fan of people who drink excessively, I don't mind if you get drunk sometimes but if it's like ALL THE TIME then I'm just like "Uh... No?"... I guess I'd prefer them to be clean, look after them selves, have a likable personality - I don't want to date a guy who doesn't treat me nicely, a compliment now and then would be appreciated, the odd gift etc. and I'm not gonna lie - If you have money I'm more likely to date you; (It's terrible I know.) I'd much rather be with a guy who can actually live stably and not always have to worry about money than someone who can hardly afford to pay the bills!

Not to mention... I... Like the "finer things" in life.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
There are still people like you left that prefer this?! My hero!! <3
Well, big boobs just aren't as cute, imo. lol
Wait, if that makes me your hero... Le gasp! Did I just uncover the mysterious Sydian's true gender?
Ugh, the more I come here the more I feel that I want to come out/get a boyfriend, lol. Though, I guess that's a good thing xD
Lol, no need to rush. I'll be 20 tomorrow, and I've never had a bf/gf... though I have been asked out a few times. (There needs to be a term that encompasses both boyfriends and girlfriends, other than just date, because that sounds like it's a one time affair to me.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, big boobs just aren't as cute, imo. lol
Wait, if that makes me your hero... Le gasp! Did I just uncover the mysterious Sydian's true gender?

Not really. :( I just don't understand the fascination with big boobs, so finding people that like small boobs is amazing to me. lol

NICE TRY BRO :3c

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Not really. :( I just don't understand the fascination with big boobs, so finding people that like small boobs is amazing to me. lol

NICE TRY BRO :3c
Dang. Well, at least I'm amazing now. That's good enough for me. :P

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
What are your 5 most important non-negotiables when it comes to dating? (You absolutely cannot date anyone with these qualities) Also, avoid being vague, like saying, "must be nice"

1. I'm going to have to say hygenic. Like I'm kind of a clean freak so we'd just be at odds all day.
2. Quirky, or at least able to understand me and my humor. Like my parents don't laught at my jokes so it'd be amazing if le future bf does.
3. Somewhat decent dresser. This isn't required, but is always welcomed.
4. Emotional, or able to empathize with me as I'm quite emotional myself.
5. Must be a redhead. They are freaking sex on legs.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
This is a pretty interesting topic and I find myself nodding my head and shaking my head at a lot of your answers, hahah. Not that I'm looking up to or down upon any of you! Anyways, that is just my small bit of contribution. I really would rather not answer this question. I would just be typing a very confusing essay and typing in circle since I tend to think on these sorts of things overmuch.
So, if it ever comes up in coversation just between you (whomever) and I, be prepared. xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Lol, no need to rush. I'll be 20 tomorrow, and I've never had a bf/gf... though I have been asked out a few times. (There needs to be a term that encompasses both boyfriends and girlfriends, other than just date, because that sounds like it's a one time affair to me.)

I know, lol, but still~ xD
I've been asked out, and multiple people have apparently had crushes on me. What's the problem? They were all girls, of course. xD

I want to say that Sydian is . . . er . . . um . . . okay, there's a 50/50 chance (unless we count herm, in which case it's 33/33/33 xD) so I'ma guess that Sydian is a guy. I dunno, that's just what I assumed the very first time I saw 'em around, lol.

Well, other than this:
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e044e8de0#fc1600]I figure one of them would be that he doesn't smoke or do drugs . . . or is an alchoholic

the only other thing I can think of, other than those shallow little things that you just want in someone, is that, of course, they have a personality compatible with mine. Being cute would be a bonus, although I guess that's not required, lol x3
[/FONT]

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
What are your 5 most important non-negotiables when it comes to dating? (You absolutely cannot date anyone with these qualities) Also, avoid being vague, like saying, "must be nice".
1. must not have any vices.
2. generally, i'd want to date someone who is very clean and hygienic. for guys, especially, i wouldn't date you if you don't shave at least thrice a week (when i say "shave", i mean your face).
3. someone with whom i can have both shallow and deep conversations with. it's not really a non-negotiable, but i wouldn't date you in the first place if you couldn't do that.
4. someone who likes to read and/or watch a lot of fiction. i'd want someone with a good imagination.
5. must like me for who i am. :-) /cliché

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Guys, I don't know, the slowness here makes me cry (figuratively). Please ansher my new topics:

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

Slightly separate but related:

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?

(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

I want to say that Sydian is . . . er . . . um . . . okay, there's a 50/50 chance (unless we count herm, in which case it's 33/33/33 xD) so I'ma guess that Sydian is a guy. I dunno, that's just what I assumed the very first time I saw 'em around, lol.
THERE IS A 100% CHANCE THAT SYDIAN IS SYDIAN. :D

Offtopic: I must go to some Internet-less place for Christmas, everybody. ;3; See you in like a week. I WILL MISS YOU ALL ASDFGHJKL.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
Guys, I don't know, the slowness here makes me cry (figuratively). Please ansher my new topics:

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

Slightly separate but related:

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?

(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

OOPS.
i don't know. in my country, although we're pretty much accepting of lgbtq people, we're still quite misinformed about the difference between sexual identity vs. sexual orientation. if you're a non-straight girl, then you must want to be a boy, act like a boy, or want to assume the domineering role in a relationship. as much as i want to debunk these stereotypes about non-heterosexual women, i, unfortunately, grew up with a rather androgynous personality and physical appearance, so i can't really help but fit into the non-heterosexual girl stereotype.

as for the second question, i still am in a rather questioning/fluid stage, and sometimes, i ask myself if there's a possibility that i could be genderqueer or anything like that because of my preference for clothing and style. right now, i try not to think about labelling myself because i'm still not sure of my identity and my feelings, and i do feel that it will just complicate my self-perception. the only thing i'm comfortable labelling myself with is "non-heterosexual".

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
LOL. I love that article, that's hilarious. It also reminds me of this video. It's very old, but I still laugh every time I see it:

Back