• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
Shared map data ;w;
I can't seem to fix it myself, so uh...
It's not the simplest of simple questions, and I don't expect anyone would like to help, but...
I tried changing the Contest Hall maps to maps of hidden hollows. The first one worked fine, then it all went pear-shaped as I was in the process of remapping to be identical, editing movements and events. There's a copy before and after the Fallarbor Town Contest Hall (one room) broke, so if someone could maybe help me out, that'd be great D: Even restoring the Contest Halls would be good...

BEFORE BREAKING: http://www.mediafire.com/?a8n909fbdjn7icq
AFTER BREAKING: http://www.mediafire.com/?a3un517msk7a5ln

Sorry ;w;

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I just repost and add more question at here... Don't know why... No people answer me, I wonder is my bad english. :(

1) If I use Showpokepic command at XSE, when I test at game It show pokemon sprite and has cry sound when pokepics is appeared, how do I make it when show pokepic but no cry sound effect?

2) I played a hacked rom called "Pokemon Mirage" it Rom base is Ruby I think. At the game started, after the intro, it appeared many full screen sprite to say its story ( In the game, its Arcues and the fakemon at the sprite ), can I make it too? At FR rom also can do it?

3) I use Advance Map 1.92, How to Import or Export map? EX : I want to use Pallet Town and import the map to Vidirian City, how to do it?

4) I seen Fire Red Hacked engine, the trainer customization change the add more trainer back sprite function, it say [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"if you want to insert images to use with this, you cannot insert them over Un-LZ,"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How to insert trainer back sprite without not using Un-LZ?[/FONT][/FONT]

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I just repost and add more question at here... Don't know why... No people answer me, I wonder is my bad english. :(

1) If I use Showpokepic command at XSE, when I test at game It show pokemon sprite and has cry sound when pokepics is appeared, how do I make it when show pokepic but no cry sound effect?

2) I played a hacked rom called "Pokemon Mirage" it Rom base is Ruby I think. At the game started, after the intro, it appeared many full screen sprite to say its story ( In the game, its Arcues and the fakemon at the sprite ), can I make it too? At FR rom also can do it?

3) I use Advance Map 1.92, How to Import or Export map? EX : I want to use Pallet Town and import the map to Vidirian City, how to do it?

4) I seen Fire Red Hacked engine, the trainer customization change the add more trainer back sprite function, it say [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"if you want to insert images to use with this, you cannot insert them over Un-LZ,"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How to insert trainer back sprite without not using Un-LZ?[/FONT][/FONT]

1. The option to play a cry is built-in to the command itself. You could edit the commands properties with ASM, but it's much easier to just ignore the cry.

2. This was probably achieved using ASM as well. It's not very difficult if you know ASM. Simply use the decompression swi to decompress the image and tilemap, write the palette to the WRAM, and you're good to go for fullscreen images. If you don't know what I'm saying, don't try it.

3. File > Map > Save map as... will save a map, and File > Open Map will open it.

4. Firered's person backsprites are uncompressed images, which means UNLZ.gba doesn't work, since UNLZ.gba only deals with compressed images. Nameless Sprite Editor will let you import and export uncompressed images into your game.

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
I don't know what I did, but a major bug appeared on my hack:
My POKéMON cannot evolve anymore. When my POKéMON evolves and writes "X evolved to Y.", it freezes.

Is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: POKéMON FIRERED (BPRE)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello, I have another question. I wasn't sure where to post this - on the script help thread or this one. But I'm having trouble with this script. Well, not really with the script. The problem is, when the script gets to the "applymovement 5 @m2" command, somehow the player gets turned into the person event... The camera unlatches from the player and locks onto the person event... Then, the script ends and my game freezes. Help please?

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
textcolor 0x0
message @t1 6
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
giveitem 0x4 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2E5 0x0 @before @after @further
end

#org @further
message @t3 6
applymovement 5 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x527
setvar 0x5024 0x1
release
end

#org @m2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= Thank you for battling me.\nYou may pass.

#org @after
= Very nice. You may pass.

#org @before
= But before I let you pass, how\nabout a POKéMON battle?

#org @t2
= I'm here to give all of the new\ntrainers a starting POKé BALL.\pPOKé BALLS can be used to catch\nPOKéMON in wild battles.\pHere you go!

#org @m1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= Excuse me...

(Wasn't sure where to post this because it's not really a scripting problem I don't think... It's more of a bug or something.)

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Hello, I have another question. I wasn't sure where to post this - on the script help thread or this one. But I'm having trouble with this script. Well, not really with the script. The problem is, when the script gets to the "applymovement 5 @m2" command, somehow the player gets turned into the person event... The camera unlatches from the player and locks onto the person event... Then, the script ends and my game freezes. Help please?

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
textcolor 0x0
message @t1 6
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
end

#org @further
message @t3 6
applymovement 5 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x527
setvar 0x5024 0x1
release
end

#org @m2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3

#org @after

#org @before

#org @t2
= I'm here to give all of the new\ntrainers a starting POKé BALL.\pPOKé BALLS can be used to catch\nPOKéMON in wild battles.\pHere you go!

#org @m1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= Excuse me...

(Wasn't sure where to post this because it's not really a scripting problem I don't think... It's more of a bug or something.)

What I believe is the problem is either the 5 is supposed to be 0x5 (if that's the guy's People ID), or that trainerbattle command is only supposed to display the one message @t3 after the battle, and nothing but, which is why it freezes if it attempts to do anything else.

I also have an AdvanceMap question:
Is it possible to rearrange maps to create my own order? Like if I wanted to have Saffron City's map with Pallet Town's house interiors, could I rearrange them so they'd be in the same category?

Last edited:

redriders180

Years

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
textcolor 0x0
message @t1 6
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
end

#org @further
message @t3 6
applymovement 5 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x527
setvar 0x5024 0x1
release
end

#org @m2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3

#org @after

#org @before

#org @t2

#org @m1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= Excuse me...

Is it a green script tile that activates it, or a person event, or a level script? If person event, and the event you talk to is set to "Look down", change it to "No movement". Otherwise, I'm not completely sure. XSE is completely fine with taking numbers that don't begin with 0x...0x simply means its a hex number. Omit it, and XSE will assume it's a decimal number, and do the necessary conversions.

Edit:
How do I make a sprite disappear or reappear from a different map? Like the the guy in the original FR/LG that blocked Cerulean Cave.

The best way is to assign a unique person ID to the person, and set the flag with that person ID. So, if you gave the person an ID of 0027, using "setflag 0x27" will make him disappear permanently.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Is it a green script tile that activates it, or a person event, or a level script? If person event, and the event you talk to is set to "Look down", change it to "No movement". Otherwise, I'm not completely sure. XSE is completely fine with taking numbers that don't begin with 0x...0x simply means its a hex number. Omit it, and XSE will assume it's a decimal number, and do the necessary conversions.

Edit:

The best way is to assign a unique person ID to the person, and set the flag with that person ID. So, if you gave the person an ID of 0027, using "setflag 0x27" will make him disappear permanently.

Ah, it worked. Just for the record, it was a script tile. But the person that the player talks to was in a "looking down" state. Changed it to "no movement" and it worked. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Fly/Spawn Point

I want to have a "spawn" point in a town so that if you lose to a wild Pokemon or a trainer, you will return there. I am assuming that this may be incorporated in a Flying Position, but I cannot add any of these as events. How can I do this?

Another question, how can I edit Professor Birch's speech in the beginning of the game?

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Does anyone know what the number in unLZ is for the Team Rocket Grunt? (The boy grunt)
I was searching for it and I could not find it... Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
1. The option to play a cry is built-in to the command itself. You could edit the commands properties with ASM, but it's much easier to just ignore the cry.

2. This was probably achieved using ASM as well. It's not very difficult if you know ASM. Simply use the decompression swi to decompress the image and tilemap, write the palette to the WRAM, and you're good to go for fullscreen images. If you don't know what I'm saying, don't try it.

3. File > Map > Save map as... will save a map, and File > Open Map will open it.

4. Firered's person backsprites are uncompressed images, which means UNLZ.gba doesn't work, since UNLZ.gba only deals with compressed images. Nameless Sprite Editor will let you import and export uncompressed images into your game.

1) But I need to use showpokepic to show a person face, like some hacked rom.

2) Have a tutorial there?

3) Thanks!

4) When I using Nameless Sprite Editor just open the sprite I want to insert and go to File > Insert > Image Data and set the free space I where I want to insert, that a method to insert a uncompressed images?

I got some more question.

5) This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX:1: Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

redriders180

Years
1) But I need to use showpokepic to show a person face, like some hacked rom.

2) Have a tutorial there?

3) Thanks!

4) When I using Nameless Sprite Editor just open the sprite I want to insert and go to File > Insert > Image Data and set the free space I where I want to insert, that a method to insert a uncompressed images?

I got some more question.

5) This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX:1: Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

1) I'd just use it like normal. I doubt anyone will notice or be annoyed by a cry playing when it's used.

2) Feel free to read an ASM tutorial on the Tutorial page...displaying full-sized images are not easy, and you wouldn't understand unless you knew ASM in the first place.

4) Yes, just make sure the "compressed" box isn't checked, if you're using Classic NSE.

5) Many apologies, but this is one question I can't answer. I don't hack music.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
0% experience

Hello people i was wondering how i can change the MAP name of a new map (i created 43,0 for this in Fire Red) without changing existing map names such as PALLET TOWN or ROCK TUNNEL.

and how do people change map tiles into completely new tiles do they make them theirself or how does it work

hope someone can help me

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Problem inserting new maps! (Advance Map Help)

Whenever I create and insert a new map on Advance Map it is called Littleroot town by default. When I try to change the name it ALWAYS renames the real Littleroot town to whatever I named the new map!

How can I get Littleroot Town and my new maps to have separate names?!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I am new to rom hacking but I am picking it up pretty fast. I am working on a hack of pokemon red and I am trying to figure out how to edit warps. Specifically what I would love to do is have you enter a house in viridian city but end up inside the pokemon fan club, when you leave the fan club you are taken to the bike shop, and leaving the bike shop will put you back in viridian city. I know I can do the bike another way but I am looking for how you chain warps as mine will be more complicated. I am also interested in learning how to add warp points in towns. I played with pokemap some but it will not let me edit warp tiles inside buildings, nor could I find a way to create new warp points in a town so I would rather just learn how it works in hex so that I can just edit it directly. Any help in finding and explaining the coding used for warps in 1st gen would be greatly appreciated.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have battle animations turned off even when turned on in options (or just turned off and remove battle animations from the options screen)? This is more of an aesthetics concern and won't effect game play but I would like to do this while working on the rest of the game before coming back to fix attack animations.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello, I have two questions.

Both are associated with Pokemon Fire Red:

First Question:
I just made a new route in my hack, and I removed all of the person events. Yet, when I go in game and go to the route, there is one person still wandering around. I can't figure out how to get rid of him. He isn't associated with a level script or anything, A-map even says he doesn't exist. (I was editing Route 2 if it matters) Help please?

Second Question:
I was trying to insert a new Rocket Grunt Sprite into unLZ. First off, I exported it from unLZ and edited it in Paint. Then, I went into a program called IrfanView and loaded up my sprite. From there I went to | Image --> Decrease Color Depth --> 16 Colors. I copied the image at that point. Then I edited the palette and switched my background color to the first palette slot. Then, I saved my new indexed sprite.

Next, I went into Paint and opened up my indexed sprite. I pasted the original sprite over my new one to get rid of the pixel mess-ups that IrfanView made. I saved the sprite. Here's where the problem comes in. I went back into Irfanview with that sprite and checked to make sure the color depth was still 16 colors but it automatically changed the color depth back to 256 colors and reset my palette changes... Help please?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back