• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Questions sold here!

reason for playin gba games-

• storyline

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • nuffin' particular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • battles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **reason in 'comments'**

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateFacepalmMaster

*facepalm* ah... I'm stupid...
Years
Okay.Last time I accidently posted this question in the fan-fic. corner...the question is why do u play sappy gba games instead of those fancy 3d,cool-graphics games?????

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
While I play a bit of both, the reason is simple: Graphics mean nothing to me. If a game is fun to play (and a lot of times but not all of the time, has a good story as well) then I'll play it. It is as simple as that.

droomph

weeb
Years
If I can see that it's supposed to resemble something and a basic 2nd-grade grasp on pixel art (eg fill in corners of outline if edge, leave blank if round) that's enough graphics for me. The real thing is how the graphics correspond to the story. If it's objectively good, but it doesn't connect in any way to the story, it sucks. Conversely, if it's objectively bad but it has a reason to be so bad (pixel games such as bit.trip) then it's fine.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I love my console games but sometimes you just gotta play gb/gbc/gba/etc. some good titles exist on handhelds, sure they lack abit more fancy advanced graphics and maybe some other console aspects due to hardware limitations but there still good games.

Now when it comes to multi-port releases... say you got a console / handheld release game, unless theres something special to the handheld release to really make it stand out from the console version, the console version would almost always win in my book.

But to the main point of the this question, theres just good games sometimes handheld side that are not avialable on consoles, and I have no problem w\ that.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
I don't give a flying Magikarp about Graphics. That's pretty much it. I really only started playing GB/GBA games for Pokémon games, though.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
The GBA was capable of having beautiful 2D artwork. A lot of the games on the system look better than most games out today, if you were to ask me.

Some examples
Toy_Block_Tower.png

Metroid_Fusion_X-Boss_.png

Rhythm_Tengoku_-_Usagi_Tobi.PNG

WWMM_DribbleSpitzStage.PNG

WL4-Densetsu_no_Starfy_3_Flaming_Wario.png

advance_wars2_profilelarge.jpg

As someone who prefers 2D art, the GBA was a visual treat. A lot of the games I posted above, I'd rather look at than something like...I dunno, Titanfall? Nothing tops Rayman Legends though!

UltimateFacepalmMaster

*facepalm* ah... I'm stupid...
Years
Yeah... I too have played Pokemon on gba.
Actually I hated pokemon... Then a friend of mine(zekrom 333)gave me pokemon FR,LG&E
I didn't have much games back then so I played it,that's when I liked the storyline, and downloaded all PKMN games I could(even hacks)and now here I am!
makin my own PKMN games(actually,hacks!)!!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Romhacks

I don't care for graphics. Sure, they look cool, but it's gameplay and storylines that pull me in. If a game looks good, but sucks as far as gameplay and story is concerned, then it's a really pretty piece of trash. xD

Even so, many GBA games out there had amazing graphics, some probably pushing the limits of what the GBA could handle. After just finishing Metroid Fusion and The Minish Cap, I believe this more than ever.

Also romhacks.

Back