• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's not okay for a woman to hit a man

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
i think it's plain and simple, keep your damn hands to yourself regardless of gender. my mom has always taught me this and i've been solid thus far. hitting someone based on something that hasn't been done to you physically is a sign of weakness.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unfortunately this double standard likely results in men under reporting domestic abuse at the hands of their wives or other women in their household compared to if you were to flip the genders.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
Unprovoked violence towards anyone is unacceptable, and verbal attacks don't count as reasonable provocation in physically harming a person. (not that anyone has said so, but I'm just establishing this truth just to be cautious)

Self-defense is really the only acceptable form of violence, because otherwise a violent action has stemmed from the motivation to torment and harm another human being.

I really don't understand why this concept is so difficult for many people in society to understand, a lot of times if this issue pops up, I'll hear many people agree that "it's not okay to ever hit a woman even if she's attacking you" which is likewise implying that women are incapable of physically harming anyone else, in which case you'd be deluding yourself.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I think this whole double standard is bs and shouldn't exist, and I personally wouldn't ever hit a woman unless she wants to act like a man by swinging without stopping forcing me to swing back. I hate the fact that a man can't defend themselves against a woman because it's illegal to hit them period. But then again man or woman your getting charged with assault, it's just the man would get hit harder if he hit a woman than if a woman hit a man which is bs. If I was in a predicament where a woman was swinging on me; I'd either A: swing back and knock her out or B: use enough force without swinging to stop her from swinging (90% of the time I'd go with B). Then there are the scary women, and I'm talking those big masculine women that could probably beat the shit out of 60% of guys. If they swing on a man I believe the man should have no reason to hold back because they aren't the typical women, they got the body of a man and the mentality of a man.

Poki

Banned
Years
People shouldn't hit people just like that. You got a legit reason to smash this bitch's face into a brick wall? Go ahead, bro.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
You learn this in kindergarten:

"Keep your hands to yourself."

It's really just that simple. Keep your hands off. Doesn't matter who you are, who's involved, gender, sex, class, financial situation, context, location.

Striking how this is such a complicated issue. I understand that statistically, men assault women more often, but in reality, there's problem a ton of men who don't report assault due to not wanting to be labeled a plethora of negative connotations by peers, "bros" and just the imminent society in general. Then, the double-standard often sees such claims thrown out in court or the woman gets a lighter sentence. It's just stupid.

Let's just not hit. So much less complicated if we all respect personal space.

Self-defence, OK. But if no one hits in the first place, self-defence wouldn't be an issue.

Oh, the ideal world.

Years
It's interesting how statements condemning violence against women can be co-opted into supporting unequal social status between men and women (chivalry as a double standard, namely).

Back