• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Except I do think it's at least a little shocking that 63% of movies fail it.
I think shocking was meant as a replacement as a synonym for 'surprise' in that article; I'm not surprised that 63% of films fail the test, but it certainly isn't a good thing by any means.

And since feminist film theory and criticism isn't getting the DCC anywhere, let's talk about SPIDER-MAN! It comes out tomorrow for large parts of the world tomorrow, so who's thinking of seeing it?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
It has Andrew Garfield in it, so that's a no on my end.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm definitely seeing it. I'm so psyched for it. I love Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone and I'm so seeing this ASAP.

It's hardly going to be anything on the scale of The Dark Knight Rises, but it'll definitely be a fun movie.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It's that time again huh.

If I watch anything as it airs it'll probably be the Yuruyuri or Moyashimon sequels. Loved both of the first series, a lot.

Years
It can't be any worse than the other Spiderman movies so I'll probably give it a try. Super hero movies have been doing things right recently. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Also, this is totally germane to the topic:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
With regards to Brave, I was initially really excited to see it - as well as to see how Pixar would deal with a female protagonist and a female director. But then I heard the news a year or so ago that Brenda Chapman had been fired from the film, and that set alarm bells ringing in my head; then I saw the trailer and really wasn't impressed with it at all; then the reviews came out to a general 'it's OK but not great' consensus. The good thing about the reviews is that at least they stressed that the film is very little like its trailer, which really put me off. I imagine I will end up seeing it eventually - considering it hasn't come out in the UK as of yet, I've got plenty of time to make up my mind.
Chapman was still very much involved through the entire project, even after bowing out of her directorial duties. A director change around after 18 months of production is not uncommon at Pixar. It was done more to meet a deadline than anything else.

Anyway, on Spider-Man... I'll probably see it this week. Haven't really be looking forward to it. I did enjoy the Raimi films (well, the first two anyway. Especially the second one. The third one uh... doesn't exist XD). And even with an entire cast and crew, even with a reboot, I don't know why you need to tell the origin story again. Its a 10 year old franchise and the last movie was five years ago. Reinvent the character, but taking it somewhere new. From what I've seen and read, it is too similar to the original movie - with some "realistic"ness that doesn't seem to fit the franchise.

On the positive side, if I go in with low expectations then I'll probably love it lol

Shining Raichu

Years
I agree that it was way too soon for this franchise to be rebooted again, but I have faith that they'll pull it off. I'm gonna see it probably next week, because it just came out today and it's school holidays, which means opening day = children everywhere.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
The only thingI never liked abopt spiderman movies was Toby.

I mean, it was pretty good casting IMO, but still....its Toby Mcguire. Everytime is see him hes making that face...you know, the one that has its own meme.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree that it was way too soon for this franchise to be rebooted again, but I have faith that they'll pull it off. I'm gonna see it probably next week, because it just came out today and it's school holidays, which means opening day = children everywhere.

I went to see it today and was surprised there were barely people watching it...also there were no children in sight...my guess is everyone thought the same and decided to go later xD.

It was a good movie though it felt short, especially compared to 3. I liked Gwen though, she actually did something and wasn't just a damsel in distress!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024

Ah, the child hater we've all come to know and love has reared it's ugly head again. But for once, I agree with you. Children can just get ****ed when it comes to the cinema, to be honest. I know they're excited, but must they incessantly talk? Must they constantly move around and play with their friends while the damn movie is going? I rarely see films at the cinema where there are going to be large concentrations of children present, so this doesn't happen very often, but god, why are they do bloody annoying?

The only thingI never liked abopt spiderman movies was Toby.

I mean, it was pretty good casting IMO, but still....its Toby Mcguire. Everytime is see him hes making that face...you know, the one that has its own meme.
I ACTUALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD WHEN I READ THIS BECAUSE THAT FACE IS THE FUNNIEST FACE EVER CAPTURED ON CAMERA END OF STORY THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I WATCHED THAT FILM I JUST WANTED TO SEE THE FACE I HATE TOBEY "WHO NAMES THEIR KID TOBEY INSTEAD OF TOBY" MAGUIRE BUT THAT GODDAMN FACE

Mentalii

Back
Years
I just watched Shiki and this anime was AWESOME. Seriously, I almost cried being so sad it was the end. The chara design is very strange, and in the beginning it disturbed me a lot but the story is so great that we quickly don't mind anymore. Seriously, it's one of the best horror anime I've ever watched.

Well, now I think I'm gonna watch Durarara, some people advised me this anime.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Both DRRRRRRRRRRR! and Shiki are on my one day list. I have high hopes for both but kind of feel I'll be let down so I've not bothered. Art in Shiki looks gorgeous if you ask me.

I've just finished Yamato today, no idea why Japan liked that so much.

- Dragon Ball
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Rose of Versailles
- Onii-sama e...
- Marmite
- Akira
- Ace wo Nerae!
- Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
- Nana

stuff I want to get done before the year is over.

Last edited:
Years
I saw the Spider Man yesterday. Since I never finished any of the other Spider Man movies I can't really compare it to them, but I thought this one was okay. Not great. Okay.

The writing seemed to be good for a while, then dip into sappy cliches, then back to good, then down again throughout the movie.

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Years
I think it's a bit of a tall order to give the love interest in a comic book movie a bigger role than just the damsel in distress, so if they gave her anything at all beyond that then I think that's a step in the right direction lol

Years
The thing about taking one step in the right direction is that the second step is so obvious I don't know why they don't take that one, too.

Anyone read anything good lately? I've got a collection of short stories by Saki that I'm enjoying while I plod through 1Q84. (I'm reading that with other people who read slower and I don't want to get so far ahead that we can't talk about it.)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Looks like we'll be getting more Sailor Moon next summer, and a Jojo anime this Fall. Sounds great

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Two franchises I've been meaning to get into for a hell of a long time. Well I watched a little bit of Sailor Moon as a kid but not enough to remember any plot points.

Still more excited about Yuno what it is next season if I'm being completley honest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
LOL I only recall the first season of Sailor Moon.... I might have seen more of it a long time ago, but it was about a year or two ago that I went back and revisited the first season.

Of course there was also Sailor Moon Abridged. I mean, who doesn't like the screams of children :P

Mentalii

Back
Years
Both DRRRRRRRRRRR! and Shiki are on my one day list. I have high hopes for both but kind of feel I'll be let down so I've not bothered. Art in Shiki looks gorgeous if you ask me.

They actually look gorgeous. It's just that in the beginning they're a little disconcerting as you're not used to them. The characters have also VERY strange haircut, I mean, really. You'll understand when you watch it, that point pretty disturbed me when I started watching. But finally, when you realize how awesome the plot is, you don't mind anymore.
I'm sure you won't be let down.
Durarara is great too, totally different from what I'm used to watch but I love it. The characters are very endearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back