• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'll probably go with Will-O-Wisp, Draco Meteor, Shadow Sneak, and either Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, or Dragon Tail for my 4th moveslot on Giratina then. Can't get HP Fire or Stealth Rock though unfortunately but thank god I still have Deoxys S so I can teach that Taunt to keep teh rocks off my side of the field lol. Since I can't get Stealth Rock or Fire Punch on Groudon in-game I'll probably go with either a ParaDancer or Choice Scarf set, most likely gonna be ParaDancer though lol.

But anyways just saw the new forms of Kyurem now and tbh I love them already lol. Not sure on how the new forms are gonna be obtained though in all honesty unless there's something along the lines of catching Kyurem in Reshiram/Zekrom's place then catching either Zekrom or Reshiram later on with both of them holding a item that allows Kyurem to change form, not sure myself though but it does seem pretty interesting to see how Black Kyurem/White Kyurem will be obtained lol.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Let's have a new topic in the birth of BW 2.

What is your opinion regarding the released Kyurem- YinYang Duo fusion? Which one do you think is better? How do you think will we obtain the> Discuss. Follow-up question: What do you think will be the role of Reshiram and Zekrom in the new games?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

That would be awesome. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thumbs up to you
thumb.gif
Wonder Guard to an ability for Arceus? Might as well keep it a Normal type. I think it'd be to common and the other typings would like never been used. That's just my third degree.

Name: AmiEkcona
Partner Pokemon: Thunder the Raikou
AmiEkcona Welcome to the club!! Why do you like Raikou? Do you like Tiger Pokemon? Do you use Raikou in-game? Why do you prefer him over Entei/Suicune or any other Trio Legendary?

Raikou was my favorite back in the Pokemon Stadium 2 days. Is a beast!

I always spam Shadow Sneak on Giratina, though I prefer using Darkrai over him anyday. try HP Fire, or Will-o-wisp for physical bulky pokemon like groudon and arceus-bug or such. I ue Groudon as lead, so I guess i cannot help you with that. I use this Groudon set.

Groudon@Leftovers: Impish
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Fire Blast
~ Stealth Rock
~ Dragon Tail / Thunder Wave / Toxic

I seldom use TWave and Toxic over Dragon Tail. Second slot is a choice of preference really.
Since we're talking about our Uber Parties, I have always wondered. Has anyone ever tried using a Mon-Legendary Party? Like Psychic or Dragon for instance?

But anyways just saw the new forms of Kyurem now and tbh I love them already lol. Not sure on how the new forms are gonna be obtained though in all honesty unless there's something along the lines of catching Kyurem in Reshiram/Zekrom's place then catching either Zekrom or Reshiram later on with both of them holding a item that allows Kyurem to change form, not sure myself though but it does seem pretty interesting to see how Black Kyurem/White Kyurem will be obtained lol.

I wouldn't be to surprised if Kyurem needs to hold something, like Giratina does for the Lustrous Orb. Then again, for Kyurem to have its new form, I wouldn't also be surprised if Reshiram and Zekrom has to be in your party for Kyurem to change form. Have they showed pictures of its new form yet?

PS I'm back now. I will get EVERYTHING updated a bit later in the day, like tonight. :)

miltankRancher

Years
Here is the two new Kyurem forms.

kyuremforms2th.jpg

Just a really wild random thought. What if the two forms are completely unrelated to the story. However, instead of Reshi and Zek as the main foci, Kyurem would be the legendary dragon. Also, like Reshi and Zek, Kyurem is also required to be caught to advance in the story. Reshi and Zek is unobtainable in the story.

changing forms would be done, once both Reshi and Zek are traded into the same game, Kyurem would change forms depending on the version. Like, he would change to ReshiKyu in Black v2 and ZekKyu in White v2.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

kyuremforms2th.jpg

Just a really wild random thought. What if the two forms are completely unrelated to the story. However, instead of Reshi and Zek as the main foci, Kyurem would be the legendary dragon. Also, like Reshi and Zek, Kyurem is also required to be caught to advance in the story. Reshi and Zek is unobtainable in the story.

changing forms would be done, once both Reshi and Zek are traded into the same game, Kyurem would change forms depending on the version. Like, he would change to ReshiKyu in Black v2 and ZekKyu in White v2.
That seriously.....look weird? I don't know about that one. I guess after all, the answer to the question - They are the 'TRIO' after all.

Anyways we need new PotW! Get ready for a scary one!

644.png

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
New Topic:

What was your first expression when you first saw Mewtwo?

Honestly, I loved it. One of my favorite, noo.....my FAVORITE Kanto region pokemon.

I know for certain that Mewtwo was both of these things

BEAST

BADASS

Heck, those were the nicknames I should had given him. Like mR though, I did WOW him at first.

But lets make this a little more interesting so this is somewhat an opinion one

NEW TOPIC:
Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet/friend. Explain your reasoning.
Mewtwo vs Arceus?

Mewtwo for the sole reason I love the design and how beast it looks. Arceus would be pretty huge and hard to bond with...due to its size to enter buildings and such..although it would defeat any pokemon.

Agreed.

New Topic:

What did you think about Pokemon: The First Movie?
220px-Pok%C3%A9mon-TheFirstMoviePoster.jpg

And Mewtwo's Return?
Mewtwo_Returns_DVD_US.jpg

That first movie was: my favorite. Mewtwo's return was: my second favorite.

Let's have a new topic in the birth of BW 2.

What is your opinion regarding the released Kyurem- YinYang Duo fusion? Which one do you think is better? How do you think will we obtain the> Discuss. Follow-up question: What do you think will be the role of Reshiram and Zekrom in the new games?

From the fact Kyurem has taken both, I can picture some kind of clash between the two, without being controlled like the first games.

kyuremforms2th.jpg

I thought more of it like Deoxys: it changes forms depending on which orb you may put it against. They may just give you dormant Zekrom and Reshiram, and you get to choose. Although, I really doubt they would be unrelated.

As far as the forms go, I thought it was a bit too far-fetched.

miltankRancher

Years
Some POTW pics!

Spoiler:

@Otherworld9): I heard that the two new forms would each have a different movesets of its own, so I guess, having it change forms with an orb (liek how Arceus with its plate) is a bit too... uhmmm... impossible. I mean, there are several moves that would be in ReshiKyu that is not in ZekKyu, and vice versa. So, would that not make compatibility issues?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I heard that the two new forms would each have a different movesets of its own, so I guess, having it change forms with an orb (liek how Arceus with its plate) is a bit too... uhmmm... impossible. I mean, there are several moves that would be in ReshiKyu that is not in ZekKyu, and vice versa. So, would that not make compatibility issues?

I'm gonna have to disagree with this entirely since there's literally no reason why the new Kyurem forms shouldn't automatically forget and relearn certain moves exclusive to one form of the other as shown with the separate Rotom forms back in 4th and 5th gen.

But in all honesty I really can't see any other method of obtaining the said forms besides fusion of all things and if I had to choose between fusion and held items to change Kyurem's form then I would choose the latter option without a second thought unless something along the lines of Zekrom/Reshiram being obtainable at a place like the Giant Chasm or Desert Castle later on in the game was considered which would probably lead to going to another area in the game to fuse said Pokemon like with Deoxys and the meteorite for example.

miltankRancher

Years
I am not familiar with the Rotom way (since I basically use rotom only on PO). can someone please enlighten me as this would of course could affect the Kyurem fusion moves?

EB

Re: World
Years
Ducktails - Hamilton Road

Hmm... Seems legit. I'd love to join! ^-^

Name: earth boy
Partner Pokemon: Articuno

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
SHOCKING NEWS!
The Legendary Club has won the inaugural Pokemon Club of the Month for February! I was shocked by it myself, I thought for certain the other very 'POPULAR' cutie club (hint hint) had it dominated to start it off. We won by a mere 1 point. Thank you for those who voted! Now back on topic here..

I'm gonna have to disagree with this entirely since there's literally no reason why the new Kyurem forms shouldn't automatically forget and relearn certain moves exclusive to one form of the other as shown with the separate Rotom forms back in 4th and 5th gen.

But in all honesty I really can't see any other method of obtaining the said forms besides fusion of all things and if I had to choose between fusion and held items to change Kyurem's form then I would choose the latter option without a second thought unless something along the lines of Zekrom/Reshiram being obtainable at a place like the Giant Chasm or Desert Castle later on in the game was considered which would probably lead to going to another area in the game to fuse said Pokemon like with Deoxys and the meteorite for example.

I don't know. I'm getting a gut feeling that they both have to be in the same party and a held item for Kyurem is used to fuse with Zekrom/Reshiram while both are in the party or something like that. I'm still confused as to how this will work out. It's never been done like this before. Remember, we're changing forums of a Pokemon that is fused with TWO Pokemon, not just itself. I am really interested as to how this will turn out to be honest.

I am afraid however, on how powerful its stats may be. Did they have a release on that or no? A Pokemon powerful enough to face Arceus 1v1 in terms of stats?
Hmm... Seems legit. I'd love to join! ^-^

Name: earth boy
Partner Pokemon: Articuno

Seems Legit huh?

Well Welcome earth boy! Would you like a nickname for Articuno or just Articuno itself?

miltankRancher

Years
Congrats to us!

No further news had been released regarding the two new kyurem forms as of now. all is up to our wild, and very active imagination.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Congrats to us!

No further news had been released regarding the two new kyurem forms as of now. all is up to our wild, and very active imagination.
So until then, Kyurem's new fusion styles will remain unknown until further notice. Be sure to update more info about it when they are released! :) I will need to find out how to get the sprites and update them onto the main page though, if any.

Just Articuno is fine. I never used to nickname my Pokémon at all, so I thought I'd stick with tradition. =p

You got your wish :) Do you actually use Articuno in-game? If so, what is your movepool for it? The lack/poor movepool of it does ruin it...deeply :\

I was going to wait until tomorrow but....Every 2 weeks the discussion of the Trio Legendary or so will be updated. Many love the Trio of...
THE LEGENDARY BEAST TRIO!
243.png
244.png
245.png

New Topic:
Who is the most underrated of the Legendary Beast Trio & why?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
TBH I'd have to say that Raikou would be pretty underrated when compared to its brothers, it's by no means bad at all though even when its movepool isn't the best but it's enough to work with if you ask me especially when you got access to Calm Mind and Aura Sphere now lol. Wish Aura Sphere was obtainable outside of events for Raikou though but oh well. That and the design just screams badassery.

Oh and started using Kyurem in-game now and it is a beast lol.

EB

Re: World
Years
You got your wish :) Do you actually use Articuno in-game? If so, what is your movepool for it? The lack/poor movepool of it does ruin it...deeply :\

Unfortunately, no. =\ I mean, as far as I can remember, I've just always considered Articuno my favorite legendary. And ever since I found out about EV training about a year ago, I've refused to touch my legendaries until I found the time to attempt it.

Who is the most underrated of the Legendary Beast Trio & why?

I may not be big on the competitive battling scene, but I can easily take the simpler prospective: seeing as Raiku just looks so bada** and Suicune even has its own arc, I feel that in the game-world Entei gets by far the least attention. His only real time in the spotlight was during Pokémon 3, sadly...

miltankRancher

Years
Between the three? Hmmm... I don't know... I cannot decide between Entei and Raikou really, since Suicune really overshadows the two of them. But, if I am really forced to choose I am choosing Raikou. It isn't really that bad for a legendary. Besides, Raikou, as an electric type is really good. Not par with the likes of Zapdos, but it can hold its own on the battlefield.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Hope this is alright if I can ask a new question here. If not then I apologize in advance.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE LEGENDARY POKEMON LOOKS/DESIGN WISE AND WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back