• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got a 3DS/3DS XL?

Got a 3DS/3DS XL

• Already did!

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • Not yet!

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Never will!

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
How many of you got a 3DS/3DS XL when Pokemon X/Y were announced.It doesnt have to precisely when they were announced.
I did get an XL a few weeks ago.Hope it will survive.

blue

gucci
Years
I got a 3DS not long after they were released in 2011, definitely feels like it was worth buying it back then now that Pokémon X and Y are coming out soon ;)

Years
I got a blue 3DS XL back in late April, and it's slightly smaller in size than the DSi XL. Like most, I got mine in anticipation of the release of X and Y.

Years
I got my 3DS XL a few weeks ago for Animal Crossing and Pokemon X&Y, ended up getting Black and getting addicted to pokemon all over again :p

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I haven't bought one yet; I'll have to see if the games are good or not. It's pretty expensive.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I got one the day they came out. A slightly weak starting line up, but there are A LOT of good games. There are Mario games, Kingdom Hearts, a Zelda game coming soon, lots of stuff on the E-shop, and it can still play DS games. Naturally I also got the special Pikachu 3DS XL. There's something in the 3DS library for everyone.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I bought a 3DS the day after launch...would have been the day of launch, but I was rather ill that day, so I had to give it a miss. I'd decided I was going to get one long before Pokemon X/Y were announced...however, the announcement of the games (as well as the wonderful "So Many Games!" promotion) did prompt me to buy my 3DS XL. Of course, I'd been looking for an excuse - I love my DSi XL; bigger screens are better, at least for me - and, if I wanted to play it without risking my mother making off with my 3DS to play her copy, I'd need a second 3DS.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I got a regular black 3DS 2 years ago on my birthday, I was a big Mario fan back then. But nowadays I can't seem to play any non-Pokemon game!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Bought a 3DS a few months ago off a friend for a nice $80.00. Bought it especially because of X&Y. :) Not totally fond of the red color, but I guess that's a reason they make decals lol.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I bought a 3DS XL long before X and Y were announced. And since I'm getting both X and Y, there are chances I might be buying a second 3DS to be able to trade with myself.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ever since the 3DS came out I knew I would have to get one for the next generation of Pokémon. I was going to keep putting it off till October tbh but then Animal Crossing came out and I really wanted it so I got it earlier~ But I did get it specifically because of Pokémon. :3

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
Years
I got the Black and Gold Zelda 3DS on Black Friday back in 2011. I kinda wish I waited so I could get an XL, but at least I got the Limited Edition.
WANT.

I'd love to get a 3DS XL, but I haven't the money. My DS Lite broke over a year or two ago and I've been relying on emulators since. :/

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Haven't got one yet, but I'll only buy it when I feel like it. Still, $125 for a pre-used DS can be a good bargain for a console particularly if you look on Amazon. Aqua Blue looks like an interesting color that I might go for if I wanted to buy it.

Back