• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Some weird-ish ideas...:
Spoiler:

I think it'll be nice if you added the name origin like ikeCharmander's name is like Char(to burn) + Salamander also add the species so it could help the spriters with the concepts and designs.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
There should also be a list of things the we need and don't need. For example, I think there hasn't been a single Fighting-type suggested, while grass and water are in surplus (sorry about that). I mean, this project will probably be going for a pretty long time, there's no rush, and even if it ends up with seventy Grass-types only the best will be chosen for the final index... but having a direction to launch from always helps.

Also, did I imagine it, or did someone of authority say that we had enough spriteless ideas (sorry again) for now?

Years
I did say that we had too many spriteless ideas but I guess no-one listened.

Anyway, I'm going to catch up with this later today, I've got guests coming around. >:

(Logie, if you could help it'd be appreciated n_n)

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
You could try add chopsticks for Chanpuff, maybe that would emphasize the noodle Pokemon. xD
In any case imo the sprite's already good as it is.

Anyways, here's Swampike:

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate
Description: [Wimpike's evolution]
picture.php
The design's pretty neat, but why do I get a lot of Raichu vibes from it ;(

Changed it up a little as suggested.

Bombacid3.png
Good palette and design, but you could use some darker hues. Also, maybe a better eye, as in pokemon, even bug eyes are not like this. Good job, though.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@ Poster
I geuss it's cause of the dorsal fins which resemble Raichu's ears, and maybe the stripes lol. xD

Anyways, I did a Blaydyte quickie, though I couldn't make out what it was by reading the description and the only thing that came to my mind was a beetle...

Name: Blaydyte
Bladetail pokemon
Abilities: Guts
Type: Steel
Pokedex: It is a small yellow creature with no distinguishable head. It's skin is so tough only a diamond cutter can penetrate it. Blaydyte has a blue line running all the way down it's back, forming into an arrow between it's eyes (If you ever watched Avatar: The last airbender when you were little, it looks like aang's arrow). It has a blue marking on each of it's four stout, stubby little legs. It has a jagged razor blade as a tail, but one side of it is stuck to it's rear/back part of it's body, leaving just the blade sticking out, giving Blaydyte the inability to swish it's tail. Blaydyte has a small blunt horn on it's forehead, used for shaving off treebark, it's staple diet. Blaydyte then sits on the treebark to cut it into bite-sized pieces. All of Blaydyte's attacks are attack based, and are carried out with its bladetail, so it looks really wierd, as the opponent sees the rear end of the pokemon flying at them. It's horn is unsuitable for combat. One thing is sure: You don't want this pokemon sitting on you.
picture.php

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Jumping on the bandwagon to give you guys ideas. :3 I can't sprite for a living, though. ):
I see pistol shrimp and narwhal. This is gonna be epic.

GAUSSRIMP ("Gauss"+"Shrimp")
Water/Electric
Guts/Sniper/Sheer Force

Dex Entry
It stores up energy on its bent arms. When releasing a strike with its arms, it releases shockwaves that could stun a larger Pokemon. Their small size makes them easily underestimated, though.

Written Description
A gray-ish blue lobster with blue-colored arms and pincers. Its arms are bent back, forming a makeshift held-back club. Its legs are also blue.

NARLBARD ("Narwhal"+"Halberd". I know it sucked big time)
Water/Steel
*No idea for abilities*

Dex Entry
It is usually docile. But the males become wilder and more competitive in mating seasons. Many fishing ships have been destroyed by NARLBARD during mating seasons. This is due to their bad eyesight.

Written Description

Armored whale with a... halberd-thingy... on its lower maw. The non-covered parts are blue, and the armor pieces are light gray.

Hope that helps. :)

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
@ Poster
I geuss it's cause of the dorsal fins which resemble Raichu's ears, and maybe the stripes lol. xD

Anyways, I did a Blaydyte quickie, though I couldn't make out what it was by reading the description and the only thing that came to my mind was a beetle...

picture.php
Its great, but the tail's end (not the flat ends or the jagged ends) are meant to be stuck on his back along the arrow.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
@ Poster

picture.php
Well, too bad. Maybe try to alter it so it doesn't resemble Raichu anymore?

About Blaydyte: you got it accurately, I think...but imo if I didn't see the typing I wouldn't have guessed that this is a Steel type at all. ;/

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@Nimblethumbs
Aaaah ok I get it. So he whacks his enemies by doing a forward roll, makes sense now lol. xD

@Poster
I think it's fine as it is (excuse - actually I'm too lazy).
And yeah I tried to put more highlights to emphasize the "steel"ness but hey! Jirachi doesn't look Steel-ish. xD

Well, if anyone wants to make fixes/edits/improvements feel free to edit my sprites, they still aren't finalized-ish anyways. ^_~

Now, back to playing the 3rd birthday...

Years
I like the noodle ones, except that the noodles blend into easily with the blue. How about it becomes a lighter color?
Perhaps. Anyway, I think for now we should pay some attention to concepts other than just Chanpuff. :/
OK, so, more info on the platypus Pokemon!
Lineart:
attachment.php

Name: Perripus
Species: Secret Agent Pokemon.
Type/s: Water/Fighting
Pokédex Entry: Perripus is a secret agent, but he likes to laze around in ponds in his spare time. He seems to like wearing brown fedoras.
Ability/ies: Quick Feet/Intimidate
Gender Ratio: 100% male, 0% female.

Yes, it is a WIP, but I want to be the one to finish it so I can display it in my wonderful gallery of cool sprites Failmon instead of my suckish pillowshade flower whose name I am not going to mention. So, no touchy~

Also, the colours are there to remind me what part is what.

And yes, Perry the Platypus is from Phineas and Ferb.
Um...I'm not so sure about having a Perry the Platypus Pokémon. :/ It's just a copied idea. Perhaps we could come up with a different idea for a platypus Pokémon?

>And yes, Perry the Platypus is from Phineas and Ferb.

OH GOD NO JESUS SAVE ME

How about a bowl of rice? Using shades of grey and white could do it. Also since not many colours have been used on this one. (Dunno how rice will look like in the shiny version though lol)
Well, as ~Wind~ said (V) it's the noodle Pokémon. Perhaps there could be an "opposing" Pokémon based around rice. Though that's for later, as we're PACKED with ideas and are lacking sprites.

Yeah, except it's the noodle pokemon.
I like both versions, the noodles are good.
But then i thought of something, maybe the noodles could be part of the female version?
or maybe just smaller noodles on females?
I think we're overthinking Chanpuff. :/
When I saw platypus on the list of things to do, I just had to do a Perry the Platypus sprite.

And here it is, with the palette!
attachment.php

I think it's a bit meh-ish, though.
Yeah...but like I said, I'm not so sure about the idea as a whole. :/

I like the one without noodles best, after all, it is part normal type, and jigglypuff (which everyone seems to be likening it to) only has its tuft of hair.

What do you mean by 'straighten out the body'? If you tell me, I'll do it myself. (Sorry, I don't want to do a collab with anyone. So I can display it in my thread.)
Um, the whole idea of this thread is to work together. :/

His body and face look unnatural. Make the lines straighter.

New idea brought to this page...

Name: Blaydyte
Bladetail pokemon
Abilities: Guts
Type: Steel
Pokedex: It is a small yellow creature with no distinguishable head. It's skin is so tough only a diamond cutter can penetrate it. Blaydyte has a blue line running all the way down it's back, forming into an arrow between it's eyes (If you ever watched Avatar: The last airbender when you were little, it looks like aang's arrow). It has a blue marking on each of it's four stout, stubby little legs. It has a jagged razor blade as a tail, but one side of it is stuck to it's rear/back part of it's body, leaving just the blade sticking out, giving Blaydyte the inability to swish it's tail. Blaydyte has a small blunt horn on it's forehead, used for shaving off treebark, it's staple diet. Blaydyte then sits on the treebark to cut it into bite-sized pieces. All of Blaydyte's attacks are attack based, and are carried out with its bladetail, so it looks really wierd, as the opponent sees the rear end of the pokemon flying at them. It's horn is unsuitable for combat. One thing is sure: You don't want this pokemon sitting on you.
...can we not have any more ideas, please?

Chanpuff.png

There's too many hightlights in my opinion. It makes it look more glossy and shiny. ):
I'll edit it...eventually.
Well, since Chesu mentioned a bombardier beetle, and I already had a concept hidden away somewhere, I decided to give it a shot.

Bombacid, the Acid Beetle Pokemon.

Bombacid.png

Bombacid2.png

I couldn't decide on a color. And it may have come out a little big... >.>
Feel free to make edits if need be.
It's nice <:.

I'm a little confused on why Chanpuff has a "shiny" version when it doesn't even have a finalized sprite yet...

It is kind of big. Regarding the color, purple and orange play well together; maybe use the orange version, but make the orange stripe on the head and the spots purple?
I am, too. I'm not so sure why we've given it special attention.

You could try add chopsticks for Chanpuff, maybe that would emphasize the noodle Pokemon. xD
In any case imo the sprite's already good as it is.
Perhaps.

here's Swampike:

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate
Description: [Wimpike's evolution]
picture.php
Added!

Changed it up a little as suggested.

Bombacid3.png
Added!

Some weird-ish ideas...:

Well,as the ideas are no longer accepted,i have just detailized my previous ones:

Spoiler:
I appreciate the effort, but let's not work on more concepts, let's work on the sprites now. :>

I think I'm going to give Snakeason a try as my first B/W-style sprite.
<:

I think it'll be nice if you added the name origin like ikeCharmander's name is like Char(to burn) + Salamander also add the species so it could help the spriters with the concepts and designs.
Etymology, yes. Some ideas have it on the first post. I'll add it to the form (and the species).

There should also be a list of things the we need and don't need. For example, I think there hasn't been a single Fighting-type suggested, while grass and water are in surplus (sorry about that). I mean, this project will probably be going for a pretty long time, there's no rush, and even if it ends up with seventy Grass-types only the best will be chosen for the final index... but having a direction to launch from always helps.
Good idea, though that won't be a priority as we aren't going to be working on concepts for a while (I think we should get at least a third of these concepts sprited, even if it's just WIPs).

picture.php
Added!

Jumping on the bandwagon to give you guys ideas. :3 I can't sprite for a living, though. ):
I see pistol shrimp and narwhal. This is gonna be epic.

GAUSSRIMP ("Gauss"+"Shrimp")
Water/Electric
Guts/Sniper/Sheer Force

Dex Entry
It stores up energy on its bent arms. When releasing a strike with its arms, it releases shockwaves that could stun a larger Pokemon. Their small size makes them easily underestimated, though.

Written Description
A gray-ish blue lobster with blue-colored arms and pincers. Its arms are bent back, forming a makeshift held-back club. Its legs are also blue.

NARLBARD ("Narwhal"+"Halberd". I know it sucked big time)
Water/Steel
*No idea for abilities*

Dex Entry
It is usually docile. But the males become wilder and more competitive in mating seasons. Many fishing ships have been destroyed by NARLBARD during mating seasons. This is due to their bad eyesight.

Written Description

Armored whale with a... halberd-thingy... on its lower maw. The non-covered parts are blue, and the armor pieces are light gray.

Hope that helps. :)
I think it's best if we work on sprites for now, instead of introducing more concepts. Remember, you can always expand on what we have!

About Blaydyte: you got it accurately, I think...but imo if I didn't see the typing I wouldn't have guessed that this is a Steel type at all. ;/
I agree. Perhaps some steel plating?

@Poster
I think it's fine as it is (excuse - actually I'm too lazy).
And yeah I tried to put more highlights to emphasize the "steel"ness but hey! Jirachi doesn't look Steel-ish. xD

Well, if anyone wants to make fixes/edits/improvements feel free to edit my sprites, they still aren't finalized-ish anyways. ^_~

Now, back to playing the 3rd birthday...
:>

Okay, just in case I haven't said it enough:

For now, let's work on the concepts we already have, instead of giving more and more ideas. I think we should get at least 1/3 of the concepts we have now sprited before we add more ideas. Thanks!
If, however, you can provide a sprite with a concept, than it's fine. It's just concepts without sprites that we have in excess! n_n

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
So, well I made a userbar...

28tdueb.png

I figured Kolibloom was one of our best sprites...

I suppose all the contributors could put that in their siggy.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
I appreciate the effort, but let's not work on more concepts, let's work on the sprites now. :>
I just updated my already accepted ideas with information necessary for proper spriting, and added more detail to their descriptions,such as the name origin that Logiedan pointed out, as they were pretty bare. I just meant to replace the updated information with the old one.
There are no new ideas,as i have read your annoucement about no new Pokemon "requests". x)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Since i'm doing a Fakemon MMORPG i have a lot of Fakemons done that i could donate here.

I have back and fronts for all of them.

Question: Can we use the fakemons that have been posted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back