• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ~NEBULA~

which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?

• The first one

Votes: 230 74.4%
  • The second one

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
ok guys i need your help ive made a sprite theres something missing, something unique but i cant figure out what it is, ive asked alex he dosnt know either, i dont know what else to do so i posted it here :) here it is:

Type: Water/Ground
Pic:
DONNEEE.png

Thanks i hope you guys can help :P

Last edited:

alucard_989

.:The Dyslexic Vampire:.
Years
  • Age 34
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Yo Alex. I was wondering....I think it would be a really cool idea if maybe as we progress in gameplay if like we could have like custom clothes for out characters when the game is released...like something you could buy at a mall at one of the larger towns...something simple like a hat or a backpack....Also I have always loved things like having pokemon as mounts in game...that would be amazing...instead of a bike (with exceptions for stuff like speeding, juming, etc like in the previous games) have a pokemon in your party learn a skill where you can mount them and ride them around. Or have it made like a poke' power where only certain pokemon can use the ability. Just some creative ideas I had. Get back to me please.. xD

†Alucard†

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
actually, I like the idea of a mount. but i dunno about the clothes. probably you could change your outfit, but not seperate clothes

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
ok guys i need your help ive made a sprite theres something missing, something unique but i cant figure out what it is, ive asked alex he dosnt know either, i dont know what else to do so i posted it here :) here it is:

Type: Water/Ground
Pic:
DONNEEE.png

Thanks i hope you guys can help :P

Here's what's missing:

-It needs to look more cartoony. That's how pokemon sprites are supposed to look. Your's has colors that are too dull and don't really contrast.
-It needs to be a bit bigger.
-It looks like its head is at a weird angle.
-The tail is weird.

All in all, it just doesn't look like a pokemon.

alucard_989

Years
  • Age 34
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the support and opinions Andinator xD Yeah that would be cool too I mean it would be like a whole different sprite...same character just different clothes. or maybe even stuff like a main character costume (ash, misty, rocket team member, etc.)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
that i don't know about. maybe like a cool trainer outfit or something. but nothing too extreme

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I've been watching this for a little while, and first off, allow me to say that you're possibly the best scratch Fakemon spriter I've ever seen. :P You've also inspired me to take the same route with my fangame & make drastically different alternate forms of Pokemon (not the same as yours, but along the same vein of abnormal typing, alt. evos, etc.). I keep forgetting that the 'canon' Pokemon universe had already done this sort of thing with the Crystal Onix - which I assume inspired the Crystal Nosepass.

I have an idea for said alt. forms: Instead of trying to work the variation into the name, maybe there could be a new part of the battle interface, like a 'variation symbol' next to its name. Or, you could go the route of this vid I saw a few seconds ago & change the color of the species name to match the variation........although I like my idea better.

alucard_989

Years
  • Age 34
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I know it look like **** but this is my first attempt on making a sprite comments and such please..I wanna know if I am any good at it..I really wanna help with this project guys xD

It's a chibi Charizard ..I can't post pics till i get 15 or more post so check my albums for it under "Projects"

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
Hey guys just thought id post the rest of sqirtle boss's evos:) hope u like
blatfather.png

@alucard 989: It looks pretty good keep practicing

"defno'

Monster Tamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 6, 2010
Hahaha that's great man!
Awesome sprites!
So I guess I'll start kiwee in a bit but who is the other guy you want me to work on, the fire starter?

alucard_989

Years
  • Age 34
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I made some more sprites maybe you could use them dude.
btw this is my second attempt at spriting so I would appreciate if you would give me
some criticism and such again.

No name yet...but it's a start for a holy type pokemon.

96cc03f1edc38561edc4650b3147a0a9_35463.png
30e5c4bb00f35805fe6e184c99db432f_35464.png
a7d56cb1a76c17e24667f297e73778c0_35465.jpg

picture.php

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
hey i love those ideas.. and they arent bad.i needed some more light pokemon lol. y dont u intensify the shading and straighten out the outlines:) its good for your second try

Fish94

Freerunning Fish
Years
@ Alex- Epic new sprites xD That is probably my favorite hunt yet
@ Alucard - Good for a second attempt (Better than I could do at least xD) , but just a few tips: Always save as PNG to preserve the quality, and use more shading :) Apart from that, I really like them

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
rather than changing the clothes maybe changing the bag or adding accesories to it???

@lizard, thanks for the C+C i think ill add a pattern, change the colours but keep the size the same because alex is gonna may an amazing evo for it i hope ;)

mounting pokemon is a great idea id like to see the sprites for it maybe you could a pokemon following you maybe just the starter you choose that is always a fun feature :)

I really like those evos alex there really really good,

im gonna colour my other fakes and see if there i little more cartoony havn't really thought about the colours got any ideas its an octupus that evolves into a giant squid the very dumb pokemon and there water types any help guys???

Thanks, ~kian

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Hey Guys, There was this one idea that sort of hit me (entering noob language). The game could have a place called descent Island or something like that. and here if you had a certain pokemon as the first pokemon (say ho-oh) that knew a certain move (say sacred fire) that another pokemon in the party could normally learn and didn't know (say charizard) and was holding an item (prototype name: bond link), then after battling pokemon after pokemon, then you could go to descent lsland and talk to the person there that would teach the latter pokemon the move via tutoring

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
My busy week is over so now I have time to work on the system.

On the battle back:
I absolutely adore it.

On the topic of the squirtle boss evos:
They look really nice.
The only thing that I don't like is the middle cannon on Blastoise.
I think that it should be tilted up more and have some black spots on it.
Other than that it is awesome!

Keep up the good work!

alucard_989

Years
  • Age 34
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
yeah thanks for all the support guys. I saved em as png. I read about that on a spriting tutorial before i started xD I am gonna try to do a better job at one. any ideas for like an alternate evo or anything...?

Ok I present my 3rd one.
This one is a view on Mr. Mime being a clown looking fellow...For a jack in the box..Since he is a psychic I wanted him to look semi evil/mystical-ish...but since what he is like a toy in a box...I wanted to add a steel type in with him maybe.

picture.php

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2009
WOW...
Just wow
You have outdone urself the game looks great
the fake pokemon are just amazing i love them :D
I cant wait until it comes out :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Wow, this project is very impressive. I haven't sprited since summer, and don't even know if I still have my touch, but maybe if you need it I can wip a few things up for you every once in a while...

if you want examples: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178219 (the ones at the stop aren't great, scroll down)

Once, again, I don't know how much time I'll have, or If I can even successfully make sprites anymore, but if you need any help sometime, let me know and I'll try to do it. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back