• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Okay, it's official.

MARCH MADNESS IS BACK!!!
But a first, a little history lesson...

March Madness originally started back last year in the Shiny Hunters Club at PokeCommunity by shido and ~Fufu300~. It was a race, hectic and unpredictable, but a race nonetheless, between two rival shiny hunters to see who could get the most shinies within March. However, word of the race spread, and many SPPf members decided to join the fray. Now that the Shiny Hunters Club is nothing more than a carbon copy of its former self, it is time for us to carry on the next generation of March Madness...a tale of sporadic shinies and arduous hunts eternally retold...

The rules are the same as last year's basically. I know some of you have forgotten, but basically they are:

-Shinies must absolutely and totally legit. Hacking to certain areas to soft reset for shinies is fine. I'm trusting each and everyone one of you to breed/SR for your shinies, not hack them.

-If you are able to post picture proof of your shinies, please make it an effort to do so. If you cannot, you are required to post all possible information of the shiny. That includes, but is not limited to: Level of capture, nature, gender (if any), stats, and IV ranges.

-Shinies must be obtained before April 1st (in relation to your time zone) to be counted towards March Madness. For example, let's say it's March 31st, 2008, and it is 11:28 PM EST (my time zone). If Dragonking were to get a shiny on April 1st at 2:16 AM EST, he would technically beat me because it is still March 31st over where he lives, despite the fact that it is April 1st where I live.

-In the case of a tie, the two or more contestants in the lead will have a race to see who can get a shiny first within the month of April. Whoever gets the shiny first win March Madness!

-PokeRadar shinies do not count. The reasoning behind this is because it almost contradicts the theme behind March Madness. March Madness came to be because of how relatively quickly shido had obtained his two shinies in March, so his luck was ridiculous (or madness). I want luck and to be the presiding factor in this race, not your ability to chain.

If you have obtained a non-Radar'd shiny this month, it will count towards your total for March Madness. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to PM me or post them here! For those of you that are curious, I won last year's March Madness at PokeCommunity.

Good luck to all!

Edit: Wow, I like the shiny Riolu, Feraligatr master...Oh, yeah, I'm SRing for a shiny Zapdos on LG now.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was here last year and forgot the rules. I will be doing this. Time to do my SRing for Torchic. Want it lots. Will try my best this month. Make lots of time to get it. Although revision for my test won't help. Will EV train without chaining aswell. Hope i get some.

Good luck to all. Lets get lots this month.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Good luck, you two. Hopefully, we'll get more participants.

Zapdos SRing has revitalized my fire to soft reset in LG...March is known for being pretty green, with the start of Spring and St. Patrick's day and all...maybe LG will be lucky for me this month?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I could try march madness, it's my Bday wedsneday so I'm gonna try for a shiny that day anyway

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have my GBA in school to do some SRing during lessons. Can't be bothered to do the work. I sat right in the top corner computer where the teacher can't see anything. Lets hope for my shiny Torchic.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I'll race someone! I'm still SRing for Charmander and Feebas/Carvanha! If anyone wants to single or double race, I'm up for the challenge! :)

Update: Still haven't got any shinies :( Maybe 500-600 SRs already for Charmander and only a few fishes for Feebas/Carvanha!

Congrats to everyone and hope shiny luck will rub off onto me and you =)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I'm TOTALLY in that race! I must not have been around when the March Madness happened, but I'll participate with my Shiny Eevee breeding! ^_^ I'll need to stock up on Rare Candies once I get it though, to see the IV ranges. :P

Right now I'm eating lunch, so I'm not doing much, but I'll be breeding some more Eevees afterwards and maybe draw some sprites for a thing I'm contributing to... :P

As for you guys, good luck on all your hunts, and may the best Hunter or Huntress win! ^_^

*Gives everyone a free Shiny Tentacruel-shaped candy bar*
Mmmm, minty on the green! *Mentally pukes at the taste XD*

Hasta! I'll be around, refreshin' the page. :P

~*Runasutaru*~

P.S: It's not the breeding that is slow, it's the IV checking, always take that in mind and shoot for something with 00ber IVs, forget the Shiny. :P Worst thing that could happen would be getting the Shiny at the start where you didn't get good breeding parents yet. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I havent played since sunday because of school/volleyball, because of MM and Dills experiences I'm just gonna keep my DS home, that and Friday I almost lost mine as well but it was in my bag and I forgot my bag in a classroom but I was able to get it at the end of the day

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Seems quite intresting, so i'll join. hopefully i will get at least one shiny before my birthday ^^ If allowed i am thinking of using my members pass to get Darkrai as it is something i really want in shiny. (Yes i used a AR to get the members pass so it won't count towards the shiny dex or be officially reconised by the club)

If not allowed i guess i'll go Starly chaining and possibly soft reset for Giritina.
Well there my three targets so i just need to now if im allowed to Get Darkrai in the contest, as it is the first one i am going after.

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
march madness? March madness, MARCH MADNESS!? MADNESS!!? THIS IS SPARTA-- *shotshotshot* XD couldn't resist. I WILL be joining the race! Though I don't expect to win, I like the idea and will support it by participating C: I will start with... Stunky. I finally have a target now!
MAH BIRFDAY'S IN 2 DAYS, GUYZ! LOL, Thebiggamer's is one day before mine X3 happy birthday tomorrow, man!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
gratz again for torterra, on another forum a guy is having a givaway of shiny Lopunies as a way to support his sick grandmother so I might get one of them, it won't count for the club but I still think its a nice thing to do for her

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I found my Feebas spot :) Only took (luckily) 13 tries and the 14th tile was a Feebas filled one :)

Hunted about 100 of em. Going for another 100 or so tonight! Wish me that Shiny Luck!

Grats on all new shinies and good luck!

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
i want to be member!my first shiny was a red-eyed aaron!

i would love to be member.My first shiny?A red aaron!

Last edited:
Back