• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Pokemon-Bank-Diagram-X-and-Y.jpg

Pokemon has introduced a new feature for Pokemon X and Y. With this system you can finally save your Precious Pokemon from ever being lost if ever your game is lost as well. Plus a new Pokemon Transfer has finally been announced. What do you guys think of this system

Discuss!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It sounds good, but the having to pay makes it look less cool I admit.
So if one get's both games one can store them in the same Pokebank? Sounds efficient if so.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
I'm just so happy that my pokes from waaaay back (emerald) can come with me to X and Y as, although they're just files and whatnot, I have grown attached to them and have had them since I was 6(I think). On the other hand, It's quite annoying that I will have to pay for such a service, even if it can store 3000 Pokemon(I will only use about 200-300 spaces for my pokes which I've fully IV'd and EV'd). Also, this basically means RNG'd will still be around *sigh* :(. I was pretty sure there would be an app of some-sort for transfer. I just hope the bank will be simple and we not like you will only be able to transfer more than 6 an hour or some bullsh*t (and I swear to God, if we get another damn mini game where you have to catch them again or some stupid crap I will rip my 3ds in half and throw it out the window!!!!)

Tl;DR I'm happy about backwards compatibility, but not the price tag.

Years
I can understand the reason why it's a pay service, because it goes up into the cloud onto the internet, but it's a very good feature nonetheless. It isn't a feature I don't see myself using for now though because I still have yet to have a Pokémon game where I just fill up my boxes..

Years
I can understand the reason why it's a pay service, because it goes up into the cloud onto the internet, but it's a very good feature nonetheless. It isn't a feature I don't see myself using for now though because I still have yet to have a Pokémon game where I just fill up my boxes..
I almost did so back during my first game, Emerald...I still get close but not as close to filling it as I did then.

I hope we get a price soon. However it sounded as if they still haven't finished with it as they used the word "developing" several times. Which makes sense as back during E3 they were still figuring out a method according to them.

Years
Serebii announced that "It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring and work with multiple copies of the games.
Pokémon Bank, and with it Pokémon Transporter, for sale in Japan on December 25th for 500¥ a year with a trial until January 31st where you have to pay afterwards
"

500¥ are like 3 Euros / 5 $. it is cheap actually. Don't know if they change the price tho for Europe and America, but the cool thing is that they won't allow hacked Pokemon make their way in the games.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Wait, the service will start on December 25th? That's not what I expected.
The price seems reasonable, and for those who just want to use the service to transfer their old Pokémon to X and Y, the trail is quite long enough.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Thank goodness it's not $5 a MONTH, then I see a lot of people having criticisms about that.

Personally, Pokemon Bank is an ingenious idea. Happy to see Game Freak/TPC actually wanting to keep the game/metagame as clean as possible.

Pokemon Transfer...I would have thought that would be a separate app. So transferred Pokemon will not be sent directly to X and Y but instead to the Pokemon Bank cloud service? Well there's a free trial but I don't think I'll be paying for the Bank....yet.

EDIT: Well it seems that Pokemon Transfer IS free...but Pokemon Bank isn't.

When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the linked application Poké Transporter! When you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system, you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Poké Transporter is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo 3DS system that will be available along with Pokémon Bank. Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

Years
Wait, the service will start on December 25th? That's not what I expected.
The price seems reasonable, and for those who just want to use the service to transfer their old Pokémon to X and Y, the trail is quite long enough.
I'm not really surprised as by the language they used it's still not complete. At least I know what I'll be doing on chrismas...transferring my Pokémon over to the game.

Oh good 5 is as much as I was thinking of paying for it (may have been open for 6), so I'll proably be getting it...hey it's as expensive as getting two coffees here, plus the prize is annual which is even better than monthly!

Cool, I love it that they're going against hack Pokémon, it should make the Metagame cleaner.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
But where can the payment be? Is it the site or on the 3DS cause I can't put credits on my 3ds due to locations and if it's on the 3DSican'ttransfermypokemoneverforeverohnohnoohno!!!! DX

Years
But where can the payment be? Is it the site or on the 3DS cause I can't put credits on my 3ds due to locations and if it's on the 3DSican'ttransfermypokemoneverforeverohnohnoohno!!!! DX
Personally I was hoping it'll be on the 3Ds...but maybe it'll be online too? We'll proably get more details soon if not closer to release date.

blue

gucci
Years
"The Pokémon Bank application and service allows you to store your Pokémon on an online server. To ensure that the service stays running worry-free for all of its users, Pokémon Bank will be a paid service.

An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles. The service charge will also enable the management and maintenance needed to allow everyone access to the online storage.

Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!"

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
That's a good question about payment. I wonder if it's just through the 3DS or through a new website that compliments the PokeBank.

I believe if you can't pay the fee then your Pokemon will be on the cloud but you won't be able to take them out.

Years
According to Serebii Europe will be getting it on the 27 of December...wonder if the Us will get it that day too or on the Japanese date...or maybe on the 26 if not later than the 27th.

Also is the trial period one month?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I became excited after realising it was just 500 yen a year in Japan.

I have always been wary of migrating my main pokemon because it meant having them all on the one cart, dangerous if I lose (sapphire) or damage it (diamond). So it looks like a secure cloud is the answer I've been looking for.

Do you think this might mean backwards compatibility (with compatible pokemon) in future generations? Since we'll likely still be able to use it with gen 6 even in future generations.

Years
I became excited after realising it was just 500 yen a year in Japan.

I have always been wary of migrating my main pokemon because it meant having them all on the one cart, dangerous if I lose (sapphire) or damage it (diamond). So it looks like a secure cloud is the answer I've been looking for.

Do you think this might mean backwards compatibility (with compatible pokemon) in future generations? Since we'll likely still be able to use it with gen 6 even in future generations.
Very well could. However for now it's too early to think of such things, the games haven't even come out yet {XD}

@ Xander That'll like be the case, and will give us another reason to use the PGL.

Back