• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2014
Ive only caught and seen one shiny and it was on pokemon gold it was a gold magikarp. Ive yet to run into one in pokemon Y

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
I seem to have the absolute worst luck with shinies compared to most of the community. My first one (aside from the Gyarados that everyone gets) was a Sneasel at Mt. Silver while I was grinding to take on Red on my original copy of Gold when I was 8. I didn't understand what it was because I thought the Gyarados was a one-time deal. I quickly caught it and added it to my team. It joined me in the final fight with Red, taking out his Espeon. The second one I found was a Weedle in the bug contest in the same game. My game got stolen not too long after that.

The next one was a Wingull I found on my Sapphire in 2009 when I was playing it to get Pokemon in anticipation for Platinum. I still have it.

When I got my Platinum, I eventually hatched a shiny Eevee out of nowhere. It became an Espeon and I used it on my team for a long time even though its stats weren't the best. It still exists in Gen VI under the ownership of my friend Kimberly.

I went through both 5th gen games without a single shiny encounter. Just my luck. Anyways, when I got my copy of X, I decided to hatch for adamant/high IV Banettes (my all-time favorite ghost-type, painfully underrated). On my first egg, I get a shiny. I freaked out and figured it was retribution for all the years of no luck with shinies. It had a neutral nature, but its IVs weren't half-bad, so I still use it. I also obtained a Mantine and a Tentacruel in trades. My final and probably best shiny came from my first attempt to use the Friend Safari. I went into a fire-type safari and my first wild encounter was a shiny Ninetales with the drought ability. I caught her and named her Venus (after the Lady Gaga song lol). She had a neutral nature, but great IVs in everywhere I wanted them. This thing has been a huge help in my competitive battles and was pretty awesome to find.

Years
My first was Golking.
I had tried fishing shinies and failed for days.... 134 chain and nothing.
Then I wanted to catch a magikarp for the dex entry.... and found a shiny golking on third try... Almost didn't realize it was shiny because it looks almost the same.
After that I fished a shiny Dragalge and a shiny Corsola (which is ultra cute btw x3) on the same day.
And just now I caught a shiny Seviper in my safari. :)
Shiny hunting is pretty fun in Y.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Never had any luck with any shinies up until 5 days ago, found a random shiny scraggy in a horde :). And then the next day found a shiny Teddiursa while catching dittos in a safari. Next day.. found another shiny Teddiursa...next day... found a shiny Eevee! Never thought I'd have such luck in my life... XD

im here trying to get a shiny eevee so i can get a shiny sylveon anyone mind helping me out?

Pinta77

Hey so is it just me or do you tend not to use your shiny pokemon? The only one I've ever really used in battles was shiny machamp.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Hey so is it just me or do you tend not to use your shiny pokemon? The only one I've ever really used in battles was shiny machamp.

I use the Shiny Pokemon I find myself often times. I like to raise them to perfection, stats and all. I may hold a contest to see how many shinies people can find in one day. I found three today, two in Friend Safari, and one through Chain Fishing. I'm currently searching for a shiny Fletchling through REs.

Pinta77

More than 1 shiny in a day! Oh my goodness!!! I can't imagine myself doing that... it took me a week to get shiny heatran by soft resetting

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm currently trying to find myself a shiny Froakie. Have asked my friends if they have any, and a couple of them seem to but none have any extra. :( Other than that, I'm also searching for shiny Shroomish.

StreamTheWolf

StreamTheWolf
Years
I'm sure you've all hunted for shinies, from one, to having an entire box full of them! This is almost like a place to post what shinies you've found recently and trade them to others! You can also post your friend codes here.

At times, I will be detailing the different methods used for shiny hunting, with a description of what to do and what not to do.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Can ya plz add me need more people on friend safari!
This goes for any one!

Friend Code y: 2251-5257-5145
Username:Kerry

Thank ya! (/*^*)/

Years
I got a shiny Maractus through a trade with a random person for a Charizard from japan. I'm still searching for an untrained shiny azurill or marill with huge power ability. I didn't encounter a shiny one myself.. I have a grass friend safari with ivysaur and skiddo (and a thirth one) so if anyone has a friend safari with an azurill please sent a PM with your friend code!

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I got a shiny Maractus through a trade with a random person for a Charizard from japan. I'm still searching for an untrained shiny azurill or marill with huge power ability. I didn't encounter a shiny one myself.. I have a grass friend safari with ivysaur and skiddo (and a thirth one) so if anyone has a friend safari with an azurill please sent a PM with your friend code!

I do have a Shiny Azurill, but it doesn't have the Ability you want.

Back