• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
Or you can just hold down the emulator's speed up key for about 10 seconds after starting the battle, that works too :P

That wasn't working here, also seen many people saying it wasn't, so i found a workaround.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
When fighting the rival for the second time, the screen turns black right before the fight.. How to fix?

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
UNSUPPORTED ARM MODE.

Is this a common error? If so, how do I fix it ? Please let me know.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Rival battle after Latim City?

In the rival battle after Latim City in the forest place, (to lazy to look it up) why does all his Pokemon only use struggle? Shouldn't they have some moves?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ok...I am asking about the rival fight at Temshore City, but I have a different question: I tried following the advice HotZin gave with using Advance Map, and that didn't work. When I got to the step about changing the Script Type to 00 No Scripts, I noticed the the script type was alreadyset to that type. I also was unable to even click the drop down menu to try to change it.

I downloaded Advance Map version 1.92. Was I doing something wrong? I followed all the steps perfectly...I am so confused. :\

EDIT: Well, I found part of the problem. I was using VBA's auto IPS patching, so when I opened up advance map, it was still showing the Fire Red maps. But other than that, I still haven't found a solution...>__<

Last edited:

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Ok...I am asking about the rival fight at Temshore City, but I have a different question: I tried following the advice HotZin gave with using Advance Map, and that didn't work. When I got to the step about changing the Script Type to 00 No Scripts, I noticed the the script type was alreadyset to that type. I also was unable to even click the drop down menu to try to change it.

I downloaded Advance Map version 1.92. Was I doing something wrong? I followed all the steps perfectly...I am so confused. :\

EDIT: Well, I found part of the problem. I was using VBA's auto IPS patching, so when I opened up advance map, it was still showing the Fire Red maps. But other than that, I still haven't found a solution...>__<

Try dragging the script events that trigger the battle off the walkable map (like in the corner in a bunch of trees. That's how I worked my way around it since I couldn't figure out how to delete the events. Don't forget to save the changes afterwards.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Try dragging the script events that trigger the battle off the walkable map (like in the corner in a bunch of trees. That's how I worked my way around it since I couldn't figure out how to delete the events. Don't forget to save the changes afterwards.

Thanks! That worked for me. Now I can finally continue! I think part of my problem was that when I clicked save to change the scripts, it wouldn't save or something.

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
how many gym baadges does this hack go up to? i nkow it ends at the palerose lab( read it on 1st post) but dont know 'bout the gym badges....

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
Cave under Latim City (Rival Battle)

Hi.
I'm stuck at the rival battle after Latim City (Screen goes black and music plays)

I have tried waiting. In fact, I've put a Harry Potter on spacebar and left the room for about 10 minutes, and the battle still won't load.

Is there a way I can avoid this rival battle?

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Hi.
I'm stuck at the rival battle after Latim City (Screen goes black and music plays)

I have tried waiting. In fact, I've put a Harry Potter on spacebar and left the room for about 10 minutes, and the battle still won't load.

Is there a way I can avoid this rival battle?

This has already been answered a bunch of times... read the thread :p

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I taste very of the history of this hack, the style of it also am very good, the graphs well I am worked and defined, the mapping one is very seemed the one of NINTENDO original, and I also taste of this.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Got stuck at granite beach. I have absolutely no idea how to get past this bull xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
how many gym baadges does this hack go up to? i nkow it ends at the palerose lab( read it on 1st post) but dont know 'bout the gym badges....

well i have now 6 badges, palerose has the 5th.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Hi all ! (I'm french so excuse my english ^^)

I've just played all day to Pokemon Genesis, and it's just soooo good, I love this universe, I love the starters (Trapinch ! Even if the 2 first gyms are very difficult with him ^^), I love the new towns and gym leaders... There's really few bugs so it's very pleasant to play it :) I've played Sapphire before it and I really found Genesis better...

But I'm so impatient of this game to continue. I'm stuck in Palerose city and it's a little bit frustrating now that I cannot go through ^^ So, will this hack have a suite ? And if yes, when ? Such a great work has been done on this game yet, but now I wanna see the end :)

Just a few problems and questions :
- I've found 2 HM Waterfall in the icy cave (can't remember the name, sorry)
- The two last gym leaders gave me the same TM, Rock Tomb
- In Latim city, in the library, we can find trainers who have high-level Pokemon, and quite unbeatable with the ones we have at this state of the game... We're not forced to beat them, but it's a little bit surprising to find 5 Pokemon level 25 against my Trapinch and Taillow level 19.
- I can't have the Bicycle in the bike shop :(
- There's a swimmer who makes the game freeze, just after that we have the HM Surf. He speaks in a odd language and freezes the game :(
- This game really needs a real map ^^ (Maybe there is one, but I didn't find it...)
- Do you plan to introduce some other 4G Pokemon in this game ? The rival has a Bronzor, and the gym leader of Palerose has a Dusknoir, but with no image of it :/

And, once again, I congratulate everyone who helped to make this game and I wish that it will be continued soon :)

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
never played this game? im starting to play all the nintendo stykle games and i love them. Im playing this one right now! .......NOW

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2022
I'm going to be doing an LP/Review over this game.
Also my friend said that there's a glitch. Where your supposed to get Mega Kick you get Beat Up.
EDIT: I got to the part where you exit out of the cave. And it keeps freezing whenever I go into the battle seen with my Rival. And I know I have a clean rom because I gave my rom and the same emulator through skype file share. And his works fine.

Last edited:
Years
Not a huge concern but I do have a question... when I change the name of my fire red and then change the name of the .sav and .sgm... I can not seem to continue the .sav.

The one where you save in a map, it seems to not patch over. Is anyone else having that problem? It isn't a big concern as the .sgm still can play, but I always thought that the .sav was the one that was supposed to carry over in the new betas... and this "problem" is showing that the .sav might not carry over and I might just have to start all over after each new beta

Back