• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I only drink water and tea, no sugar

I haven't soft drinks for so long. I remember once I had to drink it at a party and I actually hated the taste. Which I guess is a good thing, because now I'm never tempted to drink anything but water

Yay Impo! That's all I drink too! I look pathetic at parties when I am having a cup of tea and others are drinking alcohol and soda, but meh.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
High Five!

I don't think I'll ever indulge in alcohol - it's just empty calories

but today I indulged in like 10 of those choc chip cookies AND NOW I FEEL FAT AND LETHARGIC but I went for a run before so maybe that balances

Years
Choc chip cookies are just as empty as alcohol.
I don't see why some people are so against it; in moderation, like most things, it is fine and yummy! :3
But, it is down to personal taste so...​

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Don't they put sugar in for example salads like Toujours said because it is addictive and makes you want to eat more or something?

Also, people are against alcohol because yeah in moderation it won't really get you drunk but it still kills your braincells and it's bad for your liver lol.

Last edited:
Years
There are positives to moderate alcohol consumption too however. It can help keep your heart healthy and it's good for balancing the pH levels in your body.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
It's probably awful that I haven't had an alcoholic drink for a while and I reallllly feel like I want one, lol. I'm well aware that I drink way more than I really should although I'm not like way above what I should have.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
On the long run it does more bad than good though even though small bits can be healthy for you xP

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I know people say that diet soda is bad for you but tbh it's hard for me to believe until I see a real study that was performed the way a study should be performed, which is really near impossible. And then I see things like "how do you gain weight from diet soda? Find out at 11!" and it's always something dumb like "diet soda makes you want to each refined sugars more!". I don't eat refined sugars, so diet soda doesn't make me gain weight.

I think doctors hate diet soda but they don't have any really good studies backing them up so they just think of everything possible to make people not drink it. :/
Diet soda is actually incredibly bad for you in terms of your dental health. It has a lot of phosphoric acid (which is found in pretty much all soft drinks) which can lead to enamel erosion (the stuff that protects your teeth), so drinking excessive amounts can be very unhealthy (though that can be said for a lot of things). It can also mess up the level of calcium in your bones. I know what you mean though. It does annoy me that people make out like if you drink one can you'll die a slow and painful death.

In terms of alcohol, I only drink it when I'm out at the pub or clubbing with friends. I don't get the point in just drinking it casually at home. Especially beer and lager. That stuff is horrible to drink on its own unless you're eating curry or you've already been drinking.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well, some things more than others.

That reminds me that I find it so annoying when you say something is bad for your health, and every time you get the response that EVERYTHING IS BAD EVERYTHING GIVES YOU CANCER SO MIGHT AS WELL SCREW MYSELF UP ANYWAY ETC, it's not true, some things are worse than others and there are healthy alternatives, but people just don't want to admit that they're living unhealthy and stuff so they get all defensive >->

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I imagine eventually, LCD screens or wifi signals will be linked to cancer (if they aren't already--I know there was a big fuss somewhat recently in Ontario high schools about whether or not to allow wifi because it could be a health risk). So yeah, PC would be sort of linked to cancer.

Also lots of people visit it on their mobile phones and people have been going on and on about those causing cancer for a decade. (Although I think this one was refuted at some point?)

Years
Aren't wifi signals essentially the same as all the other invisible parts of light like normal radio waves which are already everywhere and already giving you cancer?

Also, people are against alcohol because yeah in moderation it won't really get you drunk but it still kills your braincells and it's bad for your liver lol.
I'm pretty sure I read that the damage alcohol does to your brain heals over time. Good news? Not to your liver.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
What gets me is when there are things that are proven to be horrible and cancer causing yet people still do it. Like, I'm the only person in my household that doesn't smoke. My family has a long history of cancer on both sides, so I don't think any of us need any help dying. It really pisses me off.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
What gets me is when there are things that are proven to be horrible and cancer causing yet people still do it. Like, I'm the only person in my household that doesn't smoke. My family has a long history of cancer on both sides, so I don't think any of us need any help dying. It really pisses me off.

I guess it's that people tend to start smoking for reasons that they either didn't consider very well or out of stress or peer pressure or something like that. Or just because a lot of people around them do it and they don't really see too much different. And... it's pretty damn addictive. It's not as clean cut, imo, as something you can just choose not to do and stick to that or something that you can stop when you need to. Circumstances can always change and it only takes a very short time of someone thinking differently for them to be addicted for years.

That's how I see it having worked for me anyway. -shrug-

Last edited:
Years
Addiction is a sad thing to watch. It makes me angry to see people I care about smoke, but I try to remember that I have problems and things myself that I should just be able to stop doing, but I just can't.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Yeah... and my brother got started at like 16, I think. I'm not really fit to judge people, but I don't like seeing people I love hurt themselves. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back