• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

Years
Version: Development
Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace ~ By Crazyninjaguy

Introduction

Welcome to the thread!
This is my new project. People on StormCross Studios (My Site) will have known about this for a while.
This project aims to bring Pokemon and VX Ace to the masses through scripting.

This kit is being made in the style of well, a mixture, and I intend to finish this one. I've already got a lot of support for this, and I hope you'll join me with RPG Maker VX Ace :)

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Current Features

• Full Experience Tables
  • Game_Pokemon class. Stores Pokemon Data in a script readable format.
  • Game_Move class. Stores the data for moves.
  • Game_MoveList class. Stores the data for a Pokemon's movelist.
  • Game_PokemonParty class. Very basic at the moment. Simply stores Pokemon in the party and the PC.
  • Game_Trainer class. Stores all information about the trainer.
  • Title Screen
  • Loading Screen (Continue function will come with saving)
  • Basic menu. The code is there, but the menu options lead nowhere.
  • Structure for a credits scene.
  • Map Name Fix. Allows the map name to display on the very first map.
  • Message System. Complete with Windowskin changer command.
  • Advanced textfile Compiler. This is purely for scripters. Will iterate through a set block size storing each line minus the data label into an array. Used currently for Pokemon and Moves.
  • Autotiles by Tsuka
  • Mouse Control (Mouse input system by Jet).
  • Title Screen.
  • Load Screen.

Release List

None as of yet.

Credits

Scripting
Crazyninjaguy
Jet ~ Mouse System

Data Entry
Carmaniac

Graphics
P-Sign
Veekun
Maruno
Venom12
FL .
BANGIt'sTyler
Tsuka

Support
Everyone at StormCross Studios

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Hurray for StormCross :D Can't wait for the full release! You've done so well at this already ^_^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
sounds interesting hope all goes well

will all pokemon info and stuff like that be dealt with using external files or will you make use of the database stuff

Years
All the pokemon information is being handled by external files.
I've decided to pull the kit from downloads until the next version, which should be sometime this week!

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Hey CNG, still remember me? xD Nice to see that you are still working on a Starter Kit, cant wait for it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Download link isn't working. :(

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice your post. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Good to see another starter kit in the horizons. However CNG, once you get a release here I'll be moving this over to Tutorials & Resources with the [Engine] prefix. So just a heads up for future reference, that is where releases like this go. I would move it now but I notice you're planning on releasing the download later.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2015
A starter kit for VXA? Awesomeness! When it's out, i'll be sure to download it. *starts stockpiling resources*

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
YES! CRAZY NINGA GUY IS BACK! Though, i may use your kit, i have made so many costomazations to the Essentials kit, so, maybe on another project! but i am using your HGSS tiles, CNG, you will be credited (:

Years
@FireStorm, Yes, very much so. I just haven't posted here in a while, my main focus has been on getting an alpha release out for my project, Reigning Darkness. After the alpha, work will be resumed on this!

Back