The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Giratina the master
A Member looking for ROM help

Advertise here
Whats a pointer i made the script but it tells me i need a pointer

My FC 4082 1789 3045
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
• Angie •
I am Angie hear me r0ar~..xD

- a n g i e : D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Mate this isn't the script help thread. Ask there xD

paired with christos
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:13 PM
nate443556
Upstart Programmer

special 0x16F

flag for the national dex for firered
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
msgbox @text2 0x6
where can i find the other pointers like 0x5 and 0x6?

Old May 25th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Vince_27
Back to PC and Rom Hacking

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vince_27
It's a very good scripting tutorial.
Thanks a lot, it help me because I'm a scripter too.

Old May 26th, 2009, 02:35 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Now I see where bad scripting knowledge come from...

Code:
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yesno 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end
That's wrong and won't work. You can't use two ifs like that and there's not even a compare so the two ifs are pointless anyway. Also, some parts of the tutorial aren't updated for the newest XSE yet. So I would suggest the author fixing everything so people will have less problem with scripting. Thanks in advance.
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:12 AM
DarkPrince304
Back to Hacking after exams!!!

Nature: Calm
Can anyone make a script or explain me how to make a script to change the starting point of the game?
like in fire red i dont want to begin the game in my room...i want to begin the game in another place...so can anyone help me?
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
darkrom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
as usual i probly over looked something, but it saves as a seperate file, right, so how does it get on the rom? or does it save to .XXX file and add script to rom?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
as usual i probly over looked something, but it saves as a seperate file, right, so how does it get on the rom? or does it save to .XXX file and add script to rom?
You compile the script into the rom, you save it to make a backup or to work on the script later.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Sweet Jasmine
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Jasmine
Thanks. This surely helped me alot.. Thank you for posting!
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:17 AM
darkrom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom

You compile the script into the rom, you save it to make a backup or to work on the script later.
Erm.... how do i do that? cuz pokewitch does some thinfgs, then other times it say something about text offset... then im stuck on getting it into the rom, i found a tutorial but it wasnt that clear, plz help!

Old May 30th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Gold Man
Beginning Trainer

How would you do a dream in the begning of game and how would you do a wild pokemon battle but the wild pokemon can only have one gender also how can you do the only one gender thing with give pokemon script?
Old June 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Baby Cynda
Beginning Trainer

This is the one tutorial out of all the others that has actually got me to script as the others didn't work when I tried them. Anyway THANKS!!!

Charmander the second best of em all

Diamond FC:
Name: KENNY
FC: 1462 0633 0206
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:19 AM
.Seth
.explorer.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Cynda View Post
This is the one tutorial out of all the others that has actually got me to script as the others didn't work when I tried them. Anyway THANKS!!! :)
Thank you, I appreciate the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Man View Post
How would you do a dream in the begning of game and how would you do a wild pokemon battle but the wild pokemon can only have one gender also how can you do the only one gender thing with give pokemon script?
Uhm, first of all, you'd change the starting map, and put your scripts in the map for the dream, then you'd warp the player to the original starting map. I guess.

There's a parameter in the command wildbattle. XSE will help you if you have the latest XSE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Erm.... how do i do that? cuz pokewitch does some thinfgs, then other times it say something about text offset... then im stuck on getting it into the rom, i found a tutorial but it wasnt that clear, plz help!
I'm not even sure what the heck you're talking about. If you mean compiling scripts, just click the gear button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasumin View Post
Thanks. This surely helped me alot.. Thank you for posting!
Thank you. I appreciate the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince304 View Post
Can anyone make a script or explain me how to make a script to change the starting point of the game?
like in fire red i dont want to begin the game in my room...i want to begin the game in another place...so can anyone help me?
You use a tool by HackMew call Starting Map Changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
Now I see where bad scripting knowledge come from...

Code:
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yesno 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end
That's wrong and won't work. You can't use two ifs like that and there's not even a compare so the two ifs are pointless anyway. Also, some parts of the tutorial aren't updated for the newest XSE yet. So I would suggest the author fixing everything so people will have less problem with scripting. Thanks in advance.
I'll do my best to update everything, HackMew. I know most of the things are wrong.

Announcements

1. DO NOT POST YOUR SCRIPTS HERE!!! THIS IS NOT A SCRIPT HELP THREAD!

2. I am updating this tutorial, so please wait on using this tutorial for your scripting needs until further notice.

3. If you have advice or information on scripting that you want me to know, please just send me a private message, instead of posting here.

Also, please do not post in this thread. You have the script help thread for scripts, and you can PM me anything you want me to add to the tutorial. You have no reason to post here, so please do not!

Last edited by .Seth; June 26th, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Rocka210
Lvl. 100

Thanks for the tutorial but on yesno scripts
When you put
msgbox @yesno 0x5
It should be
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Poke~ View Post
I posted that in the script help thread, but no-one's helped me... Can you help?
On the space put

Unknown change 0000
to 0300

Var Number change 0000
to 4050

It should work

A ROM hacker

Last edited by Rocka210; June 29th, 2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka210 View Post
Thanks for the tutorial but on yesno scripts
When you put
msgbox @yesno 0x5
It should be
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5
msgbox @yesno 0x5 is the updated XSE command now...
The one with boxsets is an old version of XSE.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here