• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
50% accuracy for OHKO is already big enough so 80% ?? lol, no thanks!! And, to top it off, you give it such a very good defensive stats and a resisting typing.... No, just no.
Imo, that ability should never be added.

GRRRRRRR, I meant to write down 70%!!!!!!! Anyway, I already changed its defensive stats in my most recent reply:

Hp: 70
Def: 70
SpDef: 65

A good Earthquake should take it out no prob, and besides, 70% accuracy is still unreliable. Heh, thunder and blizzard, we all know how accurate those are! So what if it seems a little overpowered, do you remember Alakazam? Or sandstorm Excadrill? Or Garchomp even? Those pokemon are/were broken, yet they managed to exist in the pokemon games.
Although I do agree that its typing is a bit too much, maybe just a mono dark type would be enough.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Alakazam is far from broken, Garchomp isn't broken, and Excadrill can be argued it is (but I still don't think it is). But that's straying away from the point of this thread =P

As for types of Pokémon I'd love to see, I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 were lacking on Fire types a lot, so I'd love to see some decent new fire types get introduced!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
As for types of Pokémon I'd love to see, I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 were lacking on Fire types a lot, so I'd love to see some decent new fire types get introduced![/QUOTE]

Well aside from the horrible gen 4 - 5 fire types such as Infernape, Magmortar, Heat Rotom, Heatran, Fire Arceus, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Volcarona, Reshiram, and White Kyurem, I completely agree that GF should make at least decent fire types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd be fire/light, buuut since light doesn't exist I think it'd only fit fire. XD; Kind of an awesome mon idea tho!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Would a Pokemon based on fireworks help increase the diversity of Fire types?

Ooooooh a fireworks pokemon! Such a cool idea! :D
Maybe a good name for it would be Blazzaka ('Blaze' and 'Fire Cracker')
You know what time it is ... Statistics time!

Ability: Fuse (After being hit by a fire move, 3 turns later the pokemon will attack the enemy team and faint all the opposing team, the user will faint as well)

Hp: 110
Atk: 70
Def: 100
SpAtk: 70
SpDef: 105
Spd: 55

Base stat total: 500

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I have been hoping for a Electric/Fighting Pokemon since like Gen3...
There are so many combinations they havent tried out yet, i think they should make some pokemon
with new mixed typing: like the "mutated" kind, as you guys have been calling it.
I would love to see a fire/water pokemon, but i have no clue what that could look like...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Um...by "faint all the opposing team" do you mean faint all of the Pokemon on that team? @_@ That is just...so ridiculously overpowered that it seems unlikely in general that something like this would be used.

I meant fainting all the enemys pokemon that are currently on the field. Besides, it activates 3 turns later (just like perish song), and if Blazzaka faints before the 3 turns have past, then the explosive is deactivated. This problem though is that it could spam detect and protect until the explosive activates, but hey it's just an idea!
I agree that Blazzaka should be a frail, but powerful sweeper. The high defensive stats would probably work better for a bomb/mine pokemon, but not fireworks.

For me, I'd like an Amoeba-ish Pokemon(that's not Ditto). If the heavy speculation that these games are surrounded on genetics are correct, it would seem likely that something like this p be included, though confusing as to what type it would be. I would assume "Psychic/Poison", but that's just kind of whipping stuff out of nowhere, haha. I mean, I was thinking more like a disease or a germ Pokemon of some sort(which I imagine would just be pure poison), but eh.

Disease pokemon? We already have one - Reuniclus, the cancer pokemon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I was replying to the other thread and I thought of this. Unova was primarily based upon strong physical attackers (I did the maths) - do you think this generation will be based on strong special attackers...? So instead of mass fighting mons we'd get more fire/electric/water, etc.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was actually hoping for more specially defensive pokemon this time around so that people don't really have to rely on blissey anymore~ But yes, more special attacks is also just as fine!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well iirc Sinnoh had a lot of defensive mons, whereas Hoenn was more physical, maybe? And before that I didn't really notice a pattern, so if it is to follow on it'll probably be special attackinggg. Specially defensive I don't think we need more of, because really, we have enough as it is, whereas more special attackers to dominate would be awesome!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I actually hope that it doesn't pull a Gen 1 where special attackers where dominate. XD But, I just want a balance between offensive and defensive, y'know? The metagame's power creep increased from Unova, so, people found it hard to stall. Well, I don't mind that, buuuut yeah, I just wanted more defensive mons~!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm yeah I see why there'd need to be more specially defensive Pokemon but special attacking mons idk, they're usually not like super fast unless they're electric so they can easily be revenge killed imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm honestly hoping the pokémon of this generation are more balanced in stats like a jack of all trades rather than be glass cannons, mighty glaciers, and fragile speedsters.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I might be flamed for this but it would be interesting if they did a 'Virus', 'Zombie', 'Host', 'Cure' 'Immune' Pokemon cycle type thing.

I really don't know how to explain it but here I go

Host Pokemon are just regular typed Pokemon And can evolve into either Zombie Pokemon by being bit/infected by a Virus Pokemon (Poison?), which only can produced by Zombie Pokemon (Poison/Ghost(Undead)). Or stinged by a Cure Pokemon(Type Unknown) to evolve into a Immune Pokemon (Type Unknown). And The Host Pokemon is the only one that can be infected, no other Pokemon.

The Cure and Virus Pokemon must need a Host Pokemon to evolve into their final Evolution.

I was think a way to get infected by the virus or cure, is by in battle with a WILD Virus or Cure Pokemon. If the Virus Pokemon uses Bite or Cure Pokemon uses sting on the Host. It injects what ever into the Host Pokemon. And after the battle the Host will evolve into the respected Pokemon and the Cure or Virus Pokemon disappears to evolve with the Host Pokemon. Or some sort of way.

Zombies/Virus Pokemon have a speed, defense, attack Bonus during the night, and the reverse deduction in the day. Virus more common appeared at at night Uncommon for Zommbie, But Both rarely appear during the day, in the wild. While Immune/Cure Pokemon have Speed, defense, attack bonus during the day, and vise versa. Wild also goes for the Immune and Cure Pokemon but opposite.

I know it sounds complicated but easy to understand once get it.

Don't kill me for my idea...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Some ideas for Pokemon I have, it's a bit of a long list:
Cardinal-Early route bird?
Peacock
Flamingo
Giant Panda
Hammerhead shark
Narwhal
Toucan
Gargoyle
Griffin
Jack o Lanturn-possibly Grass/Ghost typed
Monarch Butterfly
Squid
Sea Urchin
Dolphin
Swordfish

This is just a list of many ideas I have.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Anyone mentioned a sponge Pokemon for Gen VI? Seriously, a Pokemon-style Spongebob parody is way overdue, because we still haven't received a sponge Pokemon.

Back