• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your party list

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This is actually different to the teams thread because it's asking about the actual "party" that you have. You see, in this party you have a list of six Pokemon, and if you click on them, you see information about the battling stats related to the Pokemon, with a sprite, moves, and so on. And in the menu you can right click to move items between Pokemon, swap Pokemon around, and so on. In most games minor things in the party has changed - do you think anything is likely to change now? Would the battling stats include more statistics - like how many battles the Pokemon has had? Or maybe a way to reverse the party list just by clicking a button? Or maybe even no sprite party list and just a whole lot of 3D sprites you scroll through...? Do you see it changing in this generation? And maybe even more than six Pokemon in your party...? Share yo thoughts!

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huge menu revamp is the one thing I see happening. I doubt the sprites are gonna be back, but something tells me the Box Menus will require them, thus having them back for the Party List. For the actual status screen though, I can see the bottom menu holding all the info with the top holding the Pokemon's model and perhaps just the nature and ability.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Honestly, I'm kind of thinking (and somewhat hoping) that the party menu will be similar to Colo/XD, with just their headshots as their icons and then when you open the menu you get the animated version and everything, that would be cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Honestly, I'm kind of thinking (and somewhat hoping) that the party menu will be similar to Colo/XD, with just their headshots as their icons and then when you open the menu you get the animated version and everything, that would be cool.

Hey yeah, I can see that working for these games too, and I would love to see that! Well, at least, if they don't plan on using their usual sprites, that is. I'm not sure about the benefits of having how many times that _____ pokemon have battled, as a statistic, but, I would love to see if they have a happiness counter. Because, there's an actual statistic number for happiness, no?

As for the "more than 6 pokemon" bit,I don't know. Would that mean that we could use more than one 6 pokemon now? Wouldn't that be confusing to manage it all?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As much as I'd like to see the EV and IV systems shown on the status screens, I just don't see it happening in reality. Nintendo doesn't really advertise their existence much (not saying they don't acknowledge them or anything like that!), so I doubt they'd give us the option to see them. Otherwise, I really like Azalea's idea for how the initial party screen would look!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Agree with the 2 above me...
I would also love to see EV/IVs... or EVs only but by doing that, Nintendo would probably cut off the players who don't use these mechanics and battle just for fun.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm for me, I think there might be six on the left, then the stats appear on the right, with a 3D sprite. I mean obviously it'd be smaller, but it'd just probably be their names and if you click on them you see the information on the right side which is muuuch easier.

Guy

just a guy
Years
For some reason when I thought about it, I pictured a 3D rendering of the Pokémon on the top screen with minor details on the side and extra information at the bottom. I don't see them giving us an extra Pokémon to have in our roster though. Six seems like the "it" number as to how many Pokémon we'll ever be allowed to carry on hand.

It would be great if we could see how much EV's they have too. Not sure if GameFreak would actually do it, but it'd make EV training a bit easier to manage, that's for sure.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think the idea of having a 3D model of the pokemon on the top screen and the info on the bottom screen would be pretty cool. Maybe the 3D model could change too, depending on the Pokemon's health or how happy he is. Although having an actual IVs and EVs status screen would be very helpful, i doubt GF would want to include that.

And I'm pretty sure we will always be carrying 6 Pokemon with us, seems like a balanced number

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't see why they wouldn't include EVs, kinda. Slowly that area has been improving and having it like PokeCheck has it is really a neat way to have it!

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
When I thought about the party screen in this game, the first thing I thought of was the party screen in Colosseum with the headshots of each Pokemon, so yeah, we'll definitely have something like that.

I'd like them to change the way the party screen is organized. For a long time, we've had three on the left and three on the right. I'd like them to change it back to how it used to look in the Game Boy games, with all six stacked in a column. It only makes sense now that we have triple battles. This way, it's easier for all players to tell which of their Pokemon will be sent out in battle, because they'll be in a neat tiered order. The Pokemon's name, gender, and level would be on the top half of their box, and their HP and status would take up the bottom half.

Another thing I'd like to see is instant drag-and-drop. Imagine being able to drag your Pokemon to the spot in the party where you want them to be, and if it's placed over another Pokemon, those two Pokemon swap positions. You wouldn't even need the Switch command on the party screen; this would be so much simpler!

I'd also like for us to be able to physically see our held items on the party screen, rather than always seeing that green can, because all too often I forget which of my Pokemon is holding which item when I'm constantly exchanging EXP Share among every member of my party. Also, the Move Item feature was awesome in BW2, so I'd like to see that go one step further by allowing us to not only drag-and-drop our Pokemon, but our held items as well. There could be a held item slot to the right of each Pokemon; tapping on it would give you the option of exchanging the item for another item in your bag (or adding one if the slot is empty).

Since the top screen went largely unused in BW(2)'s party menu, I'd also like to instantly view a Pokemon's status on the top screen when I tap on that Pokemon. Just press L and R to flip to different sections of the status screen. Then you wouldn't even need a status/summary option, because your Pokemon's status would be right there on the top screen. They could bring back the option to rearrange your moves, allowing you to quickly drag-and-drop your moves. So basically, I'd like the new party screen to be as streamlined as possible.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see why they wouldn't include EVs, kinda. Slowly that area has been improving and having it like PokeCheck has it is really a neat way to have it!
I also can't see why they wouldn't do it, if not now then at some point down the road. For a long while they've been slowly pushing players to the competitive side of battles. It only seems logical that the next step would be making EVs and IVs more prominent.

When I thought about the party screen in this game, the first thing I thought of was the party screen in Colosseum with the headshots of each Pokemon, so yeah, we'll definitely have something like that.

I'd like them to change the way the party screen is organized. For a long time, we've had three on the left and three on the right. I'd like them to change it back to how it used to look in the Game Boy games, with all six stacked in a column. It only makes sense now that we have triple battles. This way, it's easier for all players to tell which of their Pokemon will be sent out in battle, because they'll be in a neat tiered order. The Pokemon's name, gender, and level would be on the top half of their box, and their HP and status would take up the bottom half.

Another thing I'd like to see is instant drag-and-drop. Imagine being able to drag your Pokemon to the spot in the party where you want them to be, and if it's placed over another Pokemon, those two Pokemon swap positions. You wouldn't even need the Switch command on the party screen; this would be so much simpler!

I'd also like for us to be able to physically see our held items on the party screen, rather than always seeing that green can, because all too often I forget which of my Pokemon is holding which item when I'm constantly exchanging EXP Share among every member of my party. Also, the Move Item feature was awesome in BW2, so I'd like to see that go one step further by allowing us to not only drag-and-drop our Pokemon, but our held items as well. There could be a held item slot to the right of each Pokemon; tapping on it would give you the option of exchanging the item for another item in your bag (or adding one if the slot is empty).

Since the top screen went largely unused in BW(2)'s party menu, I'd also like to instantly view a Pokemon's status on the top screen when I tap on that Pokemon. Just press L and R to flip to different sections of the status screen. Then you wouldn't even need a status/summary option, because your Pokemon's status would be right there on the top screen. They could bring back the option to rearrange your moves, allowing you to quickly drag-and-drop your moves. So basically, I'd like the new party screen to be as streamlined as possible.
Lots of ideas here!

I'm not sure if they'll ever go back to the one column line up, but I would love to see a drag-and-drop feature be implemented, items included. I also agree with the idea of using the top screen the way you described since none of the fifth gen games used it while checking your party list.

Back