• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Case fans? Who needs those? :P

My PC's been running without any, though that's because the case sides are open because they won't fit the case anymore, so it's getting ventilated by the room air.

Hehehehe.

I don't like going open with my cases. It's just asking for trouble with someone like me!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I generally don't like PC cases sitting open, but this case was the only case I had available when I first built this PC, and now I can't get the hard drives out because of the screws now missing threads, whoops.

Aww...

Man, I sure am spoiled by cases that are mostly tool-free... being able to do almost everything maintenance-related without having to use a screwdriver is very nice.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't think I've seen a case where everything was entirely screw-free to remove/insert. Not even the OEM ones from HP.

Yeah. Though they're doing it really good these days - pretty much the only ones that you need a screwdriver for is the motherboard, case fans, and the power supply for certain cases. Mine is one of them (with the addition of 2.5" drives needing them).

Years
Honestly, I would love to see how having a screw-free case would even work. I've somehow used cases where the screws got busted probably from my overuse of opening/closing them for general maintenance.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Granted, I generally don't like working in those no-screw cases, either. Some of the ways you pull stuff out is just dumb or otherwise a pain.

You're in for a treat! Consider getting something from, I dunno, their line, some day. I use the Carbide 100R myself. It's a bit small for an ATX case, but it does work very well once you accept that it's small.

I'm a bit guilty of over-tightening case fan screws, too, but at least I didn't damage anything other than some of the paint.

Years
You're in for a treat! Consider getting something from, I dunno, their line, some day. I use the Carbide 100R myself. It's a bit small for an ATX case, but it does work very well once you accept that it's small.

I'm a bit guilty of over-tightening case fan screws, too, but at least I didn't damage anything other than some of the paint.

Those are insanely expensive cases. I'll pass.

Plus, I already have most of my next PC on hand. I just need to finish it.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Those are insanely expensive cases. I'll pass.

Plus, I already have most of my next PC on hand. I just need to finish it.

The MSRP of the cases aren't necessarily what you're going to pay. Corsair's stuff are almost always on some kind of rebate or discount on most online stores.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
All I saw were ones that were north of $300 when I looked at the site on my phone.

No wonder.

Do consider something from the Carbide series, then. There are also a lot of choices from different vendors with similar functionality, but the 100R should work really well. IIRC you should be able to get it for $50 on some online computer part stores.

(And while we are at it, do also check out their PSUs, fans, and coolers.)

For reference, the case in question. Should be enough for almost everyone not needing an EATX board or extremely big tower coolers/double-wide radiators.

Last edited:
Years
No wonder.

Do consider something from the Carbide series, then. There are also a lot of choices from different vendors with similar functionality, but the 100R should work really well. IIRC you should be able to get it for $50 on some online computer part stores.

(And while we are at it, do also check out their PSUs, fans, and coolers.)

For reference, the case in question. Should be enough for almost everyone not needing an EATX board or extremely big tower coolers/double-wide radiators.

I'm actually not in the market for a case since I already have 90% of my next computer assembled (bought it off a friend who recently upgraded and was basically just going to put in a fresh PSU and video card and then wipe the OS install).

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm actually not in the market for a case since I already have 90% of my next computer assembled (bought it off a friend who recently upgraded and was basically just going to put in a fresh PSU and video card and then wipe the OS install).

Aha! Now it makes perfect sense! Just keep them in mind when you need to build a completely new PC separately for whatever reason.

I want a convertible laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back