• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Well its pretty much a given that Eevee will be getting two new evolutions. The pattern so far is that every other generation since generation 2, we've gotten new Eeveelutions. Its just a matter of what types they'll be. I liked Kanon's theory that Eevee will get a new ground-type evolution that would debut under the ownership of that Eevee guy. I also hope a dragon-type evolution is one of them. It's be interesting to see how they make a mammal into a dragon-type.

I always thought that Corsola and Dugtrio could use evolutions.

For Dugtrio, it'd sorta be following in the pattern of Magneton and Magnezone. The whole "triple" concept just seems weird now and I think its about time they fused those three Dugtrio.

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
If they do include new Eeveelutions, I hope they only include two at the most. Eevee shouldn't evolve into every type because I think that would just cheapen it's trademark, but a couple more new evos couldn't hurt. Type wise Dragon should NOT be an option.. there doesn't need to be a "Drageon" or anything like that because a fox evolving into a dragon is kinda weird imo. If anything I hope they include a Ghost type (Zombieon? lol) or Steel type. Maybe a Flying type would be cool as long as it isn't too bird like, maybe it could have large wing-like ears or something instead of a bunch of feathers and a beak. But I'd like to see a Ghost type evo most, I think the game needs more Ghost types in general.

Torkoal really deserves an evolution though, a Fire/Steel would look badass. Even though it would have a 4x ground weakness, it's defense and inflicting burns could make up for that.

Another pokemon that I'd like to see evolve is Primeape. I can see it evolving into something very savage, with fangs and spike knuckles on its hands. Something brutal and caveman-ish would suit it well.

Scyther getting a branch evo would be interesting imo. Maybe into a Bug/Dark type Grim Reaper mantis with more pronounced scythes? o_o the possibilities...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I would like to start seeing some Eeveelutions for the formerly all-physical types. In particular, I would love to see a Ghost and Normal Eeveelution, which actually would make a lot of sense to be introduced together. Before you say it - no, I don't count Eevee just because it's Normal type. Eevee is weaker than it's evolutions.

Later on down the road (maybe Gen VII), Ground and Flying Eeveelutions would be nice as well.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
IN MY OPINION I think 7 Eeveelutions is enough, but go ahead GAMEFREAK, if none of 7 previous Eeveelutions please the average person, make more.

Anyways, a male Combee evolution is a MUST or I will sue Nintendo for sexism towards male Combee. LOL.

Oh and Pluse and Minun should like have some type of evolution incorporated with the DNA Splicers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe an evolution for galvantula and make it dark bug or dark electric

Oh daym, I imagine that would be pretty strong. Galvantula itself is pretty good, but I'm not sure a gigantic darkly coloured spider would turn out that well. Plus ya, the typings. I'd rather it retained both of its old typings actually. XD;

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm with everyone that says Galvantula is pretty fine the way it is. But I agree with IAm2Sarcastic4U, male Combee needs some sort of evolution. Considering the gender rate difference between male and female Combee, I think it's only fair for players and Combee itself, that it has some sort of male equivalent form to Vespiquen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I'd like them to make an evolution to Excadrill, giving it better attack and speed stat. Maybe an evo to Ferroseed too (A steel/dragon or steel/ghost one, cause grass and steel make it frail), with better abillities and new exclusive moves.

Ow, and I want an evolution to Stunfisk and Spinda - an uglier version, if you will - that will exeed the streangh of the semi-legendary pokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd like them to make an evolution to Excadrill, giving it better attack and speed stat. Maybe an evo to Ferroseed too (A steel/dragon or steel/ghost one, cause grass and steel make it frail like s**t), with better abillities and new exclusive moves.

Ow, and I want an evolution to Stunfisk and Spinda - an uglier version, if you will - that will exeed the streangh of the semi-legendary pokes.

Excadrill better attack?!? It has like 135 base attack. Giving it an evolution would make it more broken. It's already an Uber. And Grass/Steel is actually really good typing. Ferrothorn is a big threat in OU.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah that'd be way too strong. ;( Maybe unless it was a special evolution but the physical side needs no adjustment whatsoever honestly. Actually, if you lowered its attack and raised its sPA on the special version and raised its sDef it might be interesting, and give Excadrill... the advantage of Eviolite!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yeah that'd be way too strong. ;( Maybe unless it was a special evolution but the physical side needs no adjustment whatsoever honestly. Actually, if you lowered its attack and raised its sPA on the special version and raised its sDef it might be interesting, and give Excadrill... the advantage of Eviolite!

I honestly don't think we need to give Excadrill more tools to work with. I'd like to see a Lumineon evolution... THAT LEARNS QUIVER DANCE.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Lumineon is just f9..

we need evolutions for pachirisu, basculin and also male combee(i think someone said that above)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'd like them to make an evolution to Excadrill, giving it better attack and speed stat. Maybe an evo to Ferroseed too (A steel/dragon or steel/ghost one, cause grass and steel make it frail), with better abillities and new exclusive moves.

Are you being sarcastic? LOL

If not, I have no idea how you managed to pick 2 of the competitively best Pokemon out there.

Lets also give Terrakion a 680 TBS forme while we're at it, eh? ;D

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
@suicune- yeah some stats needs to be improved, like u said lumineon.. Also how about alomomola? Its stats also need to be improvd a bit...
Here, i want this stat for alomomola

hp 110
att 65
def 85
spatt 85
spdef 75
speed 90

and wt about ur dream lumineon?

Years
I mostly agree with Aerilyn that we need an evolution for male Combee, since the species' gender ratio heavily skews towards male and we need at least a counterpart for Vespiquen.

blue

gucci
Years
Wouldn't it be a little too similar to Beedrill? That could be the reason why they avoided doing this. They could make Male Combee a little more useful by increasing it's stats and adding some decent moves but I can't see them making a male equivalent to Vespiquen unless they some how add Male Combee into the Beedrill evolutionary line.

Back