• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
It appears this thread's title has been slightly alternated. My least favourite Pokémon was definitely Serperior. That thing disappointed the hell of me — whether it's by its design or movepool. Sad to say, but that was my least favourite starter evolution line.
Lol, I'm geussing it was a moderator.

As for the topic at hand, I really don't like Gothitelle. Or whatever it's name is. It's design dissapointed me. I've really grown fond of Golurk, though.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
There were a few good ones. Most of them were terrible though on my opinion. Especially the legendaries, having one colour makes them look so dull and boring. Also I hated the name black and white, its just kinda meh, two very boring colours.

The only ones I liked were Archeops and Darmanitan, they are stupidly powerful yet underrated, especially Darmanitan, with choice band it can sweep entire teams with flare blitz.

Years
The 5th Gen introduced some of my fave Pokemon, especially these:

Spoiler:

And here's the ones I hated:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
Years
My favorite Pokemon in Unova has to be Axew. I just love that Pokemon.

The Pokemon I hate the most in Unova has to be Zorua. I only hate it because I can't get it!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ah, well my favourites are tied between Scraggy, Mienshao, Liepard and Zoroark. As for my least favourites, probably Zebstrika, Cryogonal and Basculin...

edward13two

Experienced Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • WV
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
The Unova Pokemon I liked the most would have to be Zoroark, Mandibuzz, Serperior, Scrafty, Galvantula and Carracosta. In fact, that was the team I used. I also like the Haxorus line, mainly because of their excellent attack.

The only Unova Pokemon I don't like is Garbodor. I just really don't like its design. That wouldn't stop me from using it in battle, though.

TheZeno96

Pokemon Silver Legend Owner
Years
The 5th gen i hate are the starters! They are ridiculous!
The best is axew!

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Here's a few of my most favorites and why

Druddigon
Despite its low Speed, it's a powerful dragon to me and the first Unova region dragon I ever caught. I bredded for a fast natured one: The Druddigon I have a speed of 110 at Lv 50, being Jolly natured. I love my male shiny Druddgion in Black and my female one in White because of strong movesets.

Krookodile
When I looked up this pokemon before the game came out, I instantly wanted to get myself one of those guys so I caught it's pre-evolved form & raised it. Krookodile is also among my main team in Black. If he's against anything faster than him, his Low Sweep will slow 'em down.

Archeops
This pokemon is far by my most favorite fossil pokemon of all, ranking right next to Aerodactyl (My 1st favorite fossil pokemon). Despite the let down ability, my Archeops is fast and strong. She's basically my main aerial support for my main team.

Haxorus
This... this dragon here... is the most powerful in my main team, with her Attack going almost to 400. My Haxorus is a major threat because she can obliterate her foes easily. Even an Aggron with Sturdy or Gengar with Levitate can't withstand her Earthquake! She's the sparkling star of my main team, literally because she's a shiny Haxorus.

I don't have any least favorites...

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years

584.gif

They say never judge a book by it's cover, that can certainly be said for this Pokémon as it has great stats and can be very helpful in tough battles, not to mention it's cute!

510.gif

Yeah it may not have the best stats but it certainly looks the part, it's another Cat Pokémon and that's why I love it!

Dislike

555.gif

Many may disagree on this one but I just don't find it very appealing, it's strong but that's not always the best quality in a Pokémon, right?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
I have only been playing the game since yesterday so I have only seen a handful of Pokemon :P I'd say my favourite so far is Sawk. So you can probably tell that my range of Pokemon to choose from isn't very high!

I love that Egyptian/Mummie Pokemon I saw earlier in this topic! What is it called? I'mm go catch it!

Years
I have only been playing the game since yesterday so I have only seen a handful of Pokemon :P I'd say my favourite so far is Sawk. So you can probably tell that my range of Pokemon to choose from isn't very high!

I love that Egyptian/Mummie Pokemon I saw earlier in this topic! What is it called? I'mm go catch it!

I think you mean Cofagrigus.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Some of my favorite gen 5 Pokemon are Volcarona, Zoroark, Serperior, Confabrigus, Chandelure, and Bisharp. I don't really have any dislikes at the moment. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Favorite pokemon's are Victini, Lilligant and Braviary
Least fav is Garbodor and the fire starter family (I know a lot of people have complained about this, but seriously, why another fire/fight starter!?)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My favourite generation V Pokémon is Volcarona. Volcarona has a beautiful design and is great fun to use in battle. I love how it can boost its stats with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance. My least favourite would be Stunfisk. It looks aweful and causes DBEs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My favorites are Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Carracosta, Excadrill, Lilligant, Meloetta, Genesect, the tao trio, Zoroark, Emboar, the kami trio, and Haxorus since they're fun to use, have rather nice designs, and their movepools aren't too bad either.

My least favorites are the elemental monkeys, Krookodile, Jellicent, Bisharp, Watchog, Afrobull, Conkeldurr, Durant, the musketeer trio, Keldeo, Whimsicott, and Samurott due to crappy typings and designs, horrid movepools, and are overall disappointing even to face or use.

Most favorite - Mandibuzz. I can go on for hours on how much I love this bird and its abilities as a rather decent mixed wall but I'm just gonna say I love vultures and leave it at that.

Most hated - Watchog. Oh my god I despise this piece of crap that Lenora used against me to make Whitney seem like a walk in the park in comparison to this. I really don't want to say anymore than that.

Just my 2 cents there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
My favourite is Lilligant :3 I like it's movepool for a solid status/absorb, stat/attack moveset. And it looks cool.

Least favourite... the main bird. I can't even remember it's name I avoid it that much ;_;.

BRS

iDon't Know
Years
  • Age 24
  • LA
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I like chandelure because of its high special attack and movepool. My chandelure can sweep teams and the elite four :3. And i like stunfish because it so derpy :3 lolz.

And i hate...i dont know. I dont really have a hate pokemon in 5th gen. But somewhere else i hate jynx. Timid jynx just spam lovely kiss at you and set up nasty plot >.<

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I don't really have a favorite from this gen...but I can't stand whimsicott! That cute little thing is annoying and fast for no reason! lol

Back