• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was a member of Serebii forums for years, but I came here since they were recently hacked by a website called Root In a Box. Can anyone give me a crash course on the basics of this site?
Ugh, I heard some sites were hacked :(

Well, if you come from Serebii, you should already know the basics of how a forum works. Welcome to PokéCommunity! Here, we strive to be as friendly as possible and have a good time. There are tons of different sections to post in, all depending on your interests and what you feel like at the moment.

For example, our most popular sections are probably the current gaming ones, featuring the X&Y speculations as well as help with trading and battling in the 5th generation games. Then we of course have a major hacking section which lures a lot of new members to PC ;)

But we also have talk about the previous generations of pokémon games as well as the spinoffs, the anime, the TCG and even the manga. And should you just like to chat about something pokémon related that isn't specific to any of those sections, you always have Pokémon General as a catch-all. I am one of the moderators there!

If you just feel like talking casually, or maybe debate the issues of the world today, or maybe just play a few forum games or join a club, we have a lot of offtopic sections where you can always go to find something random to talk about.

And last but not least, we have many popular creative sections for your writing, your art and your roleplaying spirits.

I hope you will find some place you really like on PC and that you will keep coming back even if Serebii turns out to be fine again. Ask a moderator or a seasoned member if there is ever anything you wonder - we don't bite! See you around.

Years
I was a member of Serebii forums for years, but I came here since they were recently hacked by a website called Root In a Box. Can anyone give me a crash course on the basics of this site?

Yeah we've had several Pokemon forums hacked lately, thank god PC wasn't targeted yet.

But hi, welcome to PC! Like what Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said, if you've had forum experience before you'll learn how PC works. Unlike Serebii, we have customizable profiles and very helpful staff members. I do hope you have a great time here and ask those moderators in the blue whenever you need help!

Years
Thanks Wind Heart

I heard some forums like smogon are being hacked. It surprises me that the forum that I went to, hasn't been hacked yet.

Last edited:

VibraKnife

The Riolu of Mystery
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Good Afternoon to all! I am VibraKnife, a Youtuber and long time Pokemon fan. I would be pleased to become more acquainted with everyone, and, just for the record, I only speak English, though I will try my best to communicate if you do not.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thanks Wind Heart

I heard some forums like smogon are being hacked. It surprises me that the forum that I to before I went back to the site hasn't been hacked yet.
If we are really lucky, we will make it out fine without the hacker reaching us! We can only hope, and take security measures like changing our passwords and not storing sensitive information on our accounts here in some way. Welcome to PC in any case!

Good Afternoon to all! I am VibraKnife, a Youtuber and long time Pokemon fan. I would be pleased to become more acquainted with everyone, and, just for the record, I only speak English, though I will try my best to communicate if you do not.
Welcome to PC, VibraKnife! If you are a long time pokémon fan, you have certainly come to the right place. All our pokémon sections are bustling with discussion and fun. Check out the gaming sections or why not Pokémon General for broader pokémon-related discussions? You'll get there by following the links in my signature.

English is the official language on PC, so you should be alright here. See you around!

Years

(How did I miss this?)

Hello Vibraknife, and welcome! Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers probably showed you around some parts of PC already, the Pokemon sections are good places for new members to start, and I do hope you have fun here and remember that moderators are always happy to help you if you have questions.

Years
If we are really lucky, we will make it out fine without the hacker reaching us! We can only hope, and take security measures like changing our passwords and not storing sensitive information on our accounts here in some way. Welcome to PC in any case!

Whoops.. my previous post had so many errors in it. This is what I was meant to say...
"It surprises me that the forums that I occasionally visit, hasn't been hacked yet."

But anyway it's good to see PC is still in good shape. I kinda like the new "mod/admin" bars thingy (they're now "sexy" and etc LOL).

Last edited:
Years
pokemon its been a long time

Hi there Roman, welcome to PC!

I'm sure you definitely joined for discussing Pokemon with fellow members, and why not browse around the forums and see what you like? Are you excited for Pokemon X & Y? Maybe you might want to head to the forum located just under The Welcome Lounge, called Pokemon X & Pokemon Y. We have loads of other sections you can check out so go and take a look around and see what you like.

If you ever have questions, just ask those staff members with the blue, orange or red tags beside their usernames.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Hello to all! :)

The name's J. D. Guy. Feel free to just call me J. D. if you like.

I wanted to post a reply on the XY Anime thread so I decided to register. Hopefully, not at a bad time. So I'd thought I'd stop by here and say "Hi".

By the way, if anyone has a nice picture of the World of Pokemon Anime Style that they could share/spare for my signature that's be awesome.

Edit: Also, I wanted to say that the banner for this site is just so wonderful! It's awesome, beautiful, and cute at the same time, especially the girl and the Wurmple she's holding. Is she anyone in particular?

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

I wanted to post a reply on the XY Anime thread so I decided to register. Hopefully, not at a bad time. So I'd thought I'd stop by here and say "Hi".

By the way, if anyone has a nice picture of the World of Pokemon Anime Style that they could share/spare for my signature that's be awesome.

Hey J.D.! Welcome to PC.

It's not a bad time at all. Never is a bad time to join PC. The XY Anime looks pretty good and I really love Ash's new outfit. I hope it's better than Best Wishes though. You'll definitely enjoy all of the Pokemon Anime section if you joined to reply in the XY anime thread. Perhaps you'll also like Pokemon X & Y, which is for the upcoming games.

I'm not sure what you mean by "World of Pokemon Anime Style" though, could you explain that?

Either way, I hope you have fun here and enjoy your stay.

Years

Edit: Also, I wanted to say that the banner for this site is just so wonderful! It's awesome, beautiful, and cute at the same time, especially the girl and the Wurmple she's holding. Is she anyone in particular?
Hey there and welcome to PC! Feel free to make an intro thread if you want to introduce yourself to our memberbase more thoroughly! :) Unfortunately all I can find for a whole map of the Pokémon world is either fan creations or game-like maps :( sorry

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
First off, thanks to you both for the very warm welcome. :)

Hey J.D.! Welcome to PC.

It's not a bad time at all. Never is a bad time to join PC. The XY Anime looks pretty good and I really love Ash's new outfit. I hope it's better than Best Wishes though. You'll definitely enjoy all of the Pokemon Anime section if you joined to reply in the XY anime thread. Perhaps you'll also like Pokemon X & Y, which is for the upcoming games.

I'm not sure what you mean by "World of Pokemon Anime Style" though, could you explain that?

Either way, I hope you have fun here and enjoy your stay.

Sometimes, it seems like I'm the only who thorough likes BW. ;-; Then again, I like all the series equally for their own merits, which probably makes me pretty rare in that regard.

Also, I mean a screenshot of the Pokémon World like the ones they show in the Animé from time to time, kinda like the one from the current ending with the characters holding hands, only without the text.

Hey there and welcome to PC! Feel free to make an intro thread if you want to introduce yourself to our memberbase more thoroughly! :) Unfortunately all I can find for a whole map of the Pokémon world is either fan creations or game-like maps :( sorry

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

No problem, It'd be nice to have, but it isn't pressing matter or anything. :)

By the way, do you know who the person holding the Wurmple that's flying on the Articuno is?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone I'm Vi! I really hope to meet some cool people here! I love Pokemon and hope to get into some on this site's Roleplays.
I also hope that anyone who plays League of Legends would pm me so we could play together!

Dolenaar

the stumbling Dutchman
Years
Hello everyone, my name is Lucas. I like to pretend I am some awesome mysterious guy "doling" the internet but I am actually quite a normal kid irl. I like Pokemon and for me summer vacation has just started so I wanted to play some Pokemon hacks but I am quite new to the concept. I was just stumbling for some advice on the internet and that led me here, anyone know some good hacks?

I am from the Netherlands so I speak perfect dutch, the dutch noun "dolen" is similar to the English noun to stumble but I really like the way it sounds in dutch so I use it for all sorts of things :).

I also wanted to notice that I really enjoy the atmosphere of this forum, I feel very welcome and the overall lay-out appeals to me.

Last edited:
Years
Hello everyone, my name is Lucas. I like to pretend I am some awesome mysterious guy "doling" the internet but I am actually quite a normal kid irl. I like Pokemon and for me summer vacation has just started so I wanted to play some Pokemon hacks but I am quite new to the concept. I was just stumbling for some advice on the internet and that led me here, anyone know some good hacks?

I am from the Netherlands so I speak perfect dutch, the dutch noun "dolen" is similar to the English noun to stumble but I really like the way it sounds in dutch so I use it for all sorts of things :).

I also wanted to notice that I really enjoy the atmosphere of this forum, I feel very welcome and the overall lay-out appeals to me.
Hey there Lucas, and welcome to PC! :)

Yes, if you're into Pokémon hacks, then I suggest you check out the Emulation & ROM Hacking section here. Over there should be lots of tutorials to help you out in starting if you want to make a hack ;)

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back