• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)

Years
Day 16 - Least favourite video game company

I've never been much for Activision, they tend to like to drain all the life out of alot of the games they touch.

Although this might just be considering current events, but I really don't like Gearbox Studios, perhaps it's just be jumping on the bandwagon, but after what happened to Aliens: Colonial Marines, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist

Zulf (Bastion)- I've already talked alot about Zulf in some of my other posts on this thread so I'll just leave it to what I said before. He's a great antagonist.

Doctor Eggman (Robotnik) (Sonic)- again, for the same reasons I said in a post earlier in this thread.

Rufus Shinra (Final Fantasy VII)- He might of been a puppet, but he was one cool customer.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Day 01 - Your favorite video game(s)
Final Fantasy (sans X-2 and up), Call of Duty, Halo, Bioshock & Kingdom Hearts (Console versions)

Day 02 - Your least favorite video game(s)

Anything with a female protagonist and Skyrim

Day 03 - A video game that is underrated
The first Rayman

Day 04 - Your favorite video game accessory(s)

None

Day 05 - Your favorite video game character(s)
Simon "Ghost" Riley (MW2), Bianca (B/W2), Ryu (SF) John-117 (Halo) & Koakuma (Touhou)

Day 06 - A character(s) that you don't much care for
Iris & N and Bayonetta

Day 07 - Your recent video game purchase
Bioshock: Infinite

Day 08 - Best soundtrack(s) in a video game
Launch Your Dream Into The Universe (FF7)

Day 09 - Best ending in a video game
Not so much the ending, but the "Would You Kindly" revelation in Bioshock

Day 10 - What console(s) do you own?
XBOX360 Slim, Nintendo DSiXL and Nindedo DS.

Day 11 - What video game are you looking forward to purchasing?
None as of now.

Day 12 - What video game-related merchandise do you own?
A $100USD Arcade Stick for Fighting Games.

Day 13 - A Video game that you don't own anymore, but wish to play again someday.
Kingdom Hearts

Day 14 - Your Best Accomplishments in any Video Game
Beating MW2 on Veteran and beating Halo 4 on Legendary.

Day 15 - Favorite Video Game Company
Bungie, friendly, fan-loving company who actually made changes when asked.

Day 16 - Least favorite video game company
343 Industries, big bunch of trolls who absolutely destroyed Halo.

Day 17 - Favorite Antagonist
Raul Menendez (Black Ops II) This man was incredibly smart. So much so he f*cked the minds of the protagonist multiple times. Orchestrating every move your character did up until the end. And it all started by accidentally getting shot in the face by Alex Mason. 30 years of pent-up aggression released on the United States at once. Simply awesome.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Luca Blight from Suikoden II has always been a personal favorite. The dude is flat out crazy, but there's actually some depth to his character and reason behind his actions. His past made him into a monster due to witnessing something happen to his mother. So despite all the evil things he did, you actually feel some sympathy for him.

Zephiel from FE6 is another one for kinda the same reasons. His past is gone into greater detail in FE7, and gives you some insight on what drove him to commit the things he did in FE6. Not to mention, he has a pretty sweet looking weapon and an equally sweet battle theme too.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 18 - Favorite Protagonist

I'm just going to list them:

~ Cless from Tales of Phantasia
~ Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia
~ Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
~ Sonic from the Sonic games
~ Tails from the Sonic Games
~ Knuckles from the Sonic Games
~ Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening
~ Ragna from Blazblue

And probably more that I've forgotten, but.. those are at the top of my head atm.

T!M

Years
Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, he has so much depth and every time you see him in a cutscene you wonder why he's become so distant to the world, how much he's seen, how many of his fellow Spartan have perished next to him in battle. And you feel for his determination.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is up there. Doesn't get much cooler than a sky pirate, and his personality, design, and moveset always stood out for me.

Always a fan of the old-school silent protagonist as well; Serge (Chrono), Ico, Adol the Red (Ys), and the Demi-fient (SMT: III) to name a few.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years

The Illusive Man from Mass Effect has always been my favorite antagonist. So mysterious, I've always enjoyed his personalty, and I really like how he looks in general.

This is a tie between John S-117 (Master Chief,) and Commander Shepard. I love them both so much I could never pick between them.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 19 - What video game world would you live in?

I'd find myself living in Terca Lumireis from Tales of Vesperia. Sure it's infested by monsters, but, it has a lot of neat cities, towns, and glorious sights! <3 Maybe Hyrule is a close second, because, you really can't go wrong with Hyrule. Although, maybe I'd live in the Twilight Princess's version of Hyrule tbh.

T!M

Years
Day 19 - What Video Game World Would You Like To Live In

Pokémon (Red/Blue), no earth shattering events would take place (Hoenn and Sinnoh) just some common Pokémon stealing-thugs. A life where I could hang out with the greatest fictional creatures created by man. I wouldn't be a trainer either. I would just like to live with the Pokémon I had caught or had been gifted. :)

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years

The Pokémon world obviously! There's no other world that appeals to me more, and I would be able to have my dream team come to life. :D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Same answer as last year's thread: Baten Kaitos. The games are set on floating continents, which are designed quite beautifully. You have towns made out of candy, gold, covered in clouds, and so on. Not to mention every person has wings, which are a manifestation of a person's heart, so they are all uniquely different.

Years
Didn't realize I'd already missed a few days, so I'd better catch up.

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist
Couldn't think of one off the top of my head, but I saw that Element0 said The Illusive Man and I can't disagree. The fact that he looks like and is voiced my Martin Sheen makes him that much better. I also loved GLaDOS from the Portal series, in large part thanks to some of her humor during life or death situations.

Day 18 - Favourite protagonist
Sonic is one that comes to mind right away (again, stemming back from the first game I played). Another that I really enjoyed was Niko Bellic from GTA IV. It definitely wasn't my favorite game in the series, but Niko's character alone made me want to play the game over again.

Day 19 - What video game world would you live in?
Any other game than Pokemon would be the wrong answer in my eyes. I don't even care which of the games I was sent into- just to be able to exist in the same realm as Pokemon themselves would be enough for me.

Day 20 - Do you prefer Consoles, or Handheld video games?
Consoles hands down. If I had to have a list of my top 10 games, I'd wager that 8 or 9 of them would be for console, and the other might be Pokemon. Even though I've owned basically every handheld that Nintendo's made, all I've played on them are the Pokemon games, along with a small handful of others. And when I borrowed my cousin's PSP and figured out how to download games for it, it was a fun experience, but all I could think of was how I'd rather be playing them on a bigger screen.

T!M

Years
Console, more power, better graphics, bigger, less childish game selection.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I guess console games would be my pick because of better graphics, etc, but, I wouldn't underestimate the fun that can be brought from the handheld games. The handheld games are really getting better, especially the ones for the 3Ds. However, I'd personally prefer console games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Always been a console kinda guy. While I do enjoy handhelds, for some reason I leave a ton of games unfinished. Obviously the handheld games pretty much allow for accessibility anywhere, but console games always give a lot better overall experience. The way the handheld gaming is going though, it's not far too off.

Last edited:

T!M

Years
Day 21 - Video Game/Series with the best story

Bioshock (the first game, not the series), it was an amazing tapestry of amazing events that provided a balanced set of horror, adventure and mystery and to this day is still my favorite Bioshock game and story.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

The Fire Emblem series always have a really nice story line (well aside from a few). Some of the Tales series have great story lines too; especially Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, and Tales of Destiny. I really love Twilight Princess's story line too. Again, it's really dark and mystifying!

T!M

Years
Day 22 - A video game which disappointed you

Halo 3: ODST, money well spent. A dull story line and flat characters. The only thing that interested me about the game was the Forward Unto Dawns 5 second cameo in the introduction.

Years

This is another one that was more difficult than it should've been, thanks to playing too many sports games the last few years. I did enjoy Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2's story, in large part thanks to being a big fan of the series in general. Another story which I recall loving was the first Kingdom Hearts. I only played the original (and even then, that was about 10 years ago), but I loved the crossover of all the different franchises to form a really good game.

In recent memory at least, DC Universe Online. I'd heard from a few different people that it was a really good game, and seeing that it had above average reviews, I went in expecting a great experience. Unfortunately, the most fun I had was creating my own character, with everything after that not really exciting me. After playing for only a couple days, I ended up deleting it from my PS3, which was disappointing after being so hyped to play it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Hm, remember Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest? Yeah, that was a big disappointment since all of the other Castlevania games were good. :x The game was based on secrets, and, there was that tedious day to night and night to day transition. Ugh.

There was also Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, in which, it was a sequel to the original Tales of Symphonia, but, there was just so many things disappointing with it, like, for one thing you couldn't level up the former Tales of Symphonia members. I really, really think that Emil should of gotten his own human party, instead of just plain monsters that level up. Plus, the whole thing was sort of unbalanced, in a way. You can have Emil do all the fighting, or be perished slowly.

Back