• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks to the server error, not only did I double post my first post, but my second post didn't stick.
I'll re-type it.

Okay, so I wanted to comment on the game from the time I approved the thread but I was always really busy. I have a bit of time now, and I re-read the first post to put my mind more up to date.

First off, I have to declare, this game originally had my full support because of it's original developer was Irish- so that has been taken away so I can look at this a bit clearer ha.

I'm not going to comment on the story lol.

The graphics are really nice. A very strong colour palette that has a great look for the tiles and the character overworlds. The battle system.... Hmm, I remember that from somewhere before (I'm assuming one of the older threads), it looks great and has a layout that works well (that diamond shaped look).

As for features- where are they? This game has no defining gameplay features and I think you should get working on it. You have a big team by fan game standards, so have a group chat online and sort this out early in development. Right now, this game is a standard starter kit game with candy like graphics.

I do worry about the development of this game in the long run. I fear it will suffer the same fate as your older project. I don't doubt the work and passion that anyone has expressed so far, but such a thing is not meant to last. Lack of motivation to work on a project is really the biggest killer of games here (I'm on to all your harddrive crashers- I believe there has been 2 that posted in this thread haha). Try keep the work load managed and work on this as a hobby, never feel you have to, and hopefully that passion will last a bit longer.

As always- good look to the team.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
(oh, no, not her again. please just make her stop posting in this thread. doesnt she have anything better to do?)

Since I'm the only other,'her' on here that's posted, I guess your talking about me right, what did I do to tick you off

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks to the server error, not only did I double post my first post, but my second post didn't stick.
I'll re-type it.

Okay, so I wanted to comment on the game from the time I approved the thread but I was always really busy. I have a bit of time now, and I re-read the first post to put my mind more up to date.

First off, I have to declare, this game originally had my full support because of it's original developer was Irish- so that has been taken away so I can look at this a bit clearer ha.

The graphics are really nice. A very strong colour palette that has a great look for the tiles and the character overworlds. The battle system.... Hmm, I remember that from somewhere before (I'm assuming one of the older threads), it looks great and has a layout that works well (that diamond shaped look).

As for features- where are they? This game has no defining gameplay features and I think you should get working on it. You have a big team by fan game standards, so have a group chat online and sort this out early in development. Right now, this game is a standard starter kit game with candy like graphics.

I do worry about the development of this game in the long run. I fear it will suffer the same fate as your older project. I don't doubt the work and passion that anyone has expressed so far, but such a thing is not meant to last. Lack of motivation to work on a project is really the biggest killer of games here (I'm on to all your harddrive crashers- I believe there has been 2 that posted in this thread haha). Try keep the work load managed and work on this as a hobby, never feel you have to, and hopefully that passion will last a bit longer.

Well we are working diligently on the project, trust me there will be many cool features that will set this above the standard Starter Kit game. *coughonlineplaycough*.

Since I'm the only other,'her' on here that's posted, I guess your talking about me right, what did I do to tick you off

No she was saying that that must be what I say when I see that she has posted in the thread. XD Which btw ZephyrPlusle is not true. You have been the first person to critique the story so the sarcasm hit a nerve, but we took everything you said into consideration and, I can't say that much will change, but the one difference that has come out of this is that we have be inspired to give our characters more personality, and more motivation in their actions, aswell as stronger back stories for characters like Prof. Maple and such.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Well we are working diligently on the project, trust me there will be many cool features that will set this above the standard Starter Kit game. *coughonlineplaycough*.

You gave away the secret! Oh no!

And guys, remember there's a lot of stuff going on-I mean a LOT of stuff- behind the scenes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
(oh, no, not her again. please just make her stop posting in this thread. doesnt she have anything better to do?)

Thanks for responding in an orderly manner, Minorthreat-- that was exactly what a game developer should do. Kudos. :3 The rest of you are running around like headless chickens, though, just because I pointed out plot holes; yes, my review was saturated with sarcasm, but really, for a project that's been worked on for this long, I'm thinking you should probably be used to it. :/

...And really, would you rather have noob after mindless noob tromping into the thread, showering you with praise? Just because I decided to actually post some in-depth critique for once-- and note that I wasn't just bashing it, I suggested ways to improve it and everything-- you immediately tag it as flaming, and gang up and vehemently deny any accusations I make. You must have not gotten much criticism before this, if it's such a shock.

blah blah nag nag whine whine sorry I got this all over your first page. (What an eyecatch! xD) Keep up the good work Minorthreat, and don't think of me as hostile-- I don't hate you guys or anything. Just consider what I'm saying for a bit. ._. Don't dismiss it as flaming, but simply consider it and maybe do some analysis of your plot yourselves and I'll leave you be.

Of course we find your criticism helpful :)
In fact, it's probably the most helpful critisim we've had so far. I was just ticked because I only really got to read through some of it, and some of the parts I did read through seemed a bit, like you said, sarcastic at the time.

But even though I retired a long time ago, I'd be willing to help in the rewriting of the storyline.

I'll re-type it.

Hearing you say that actually sort of makes me regret ever retiring as head developer. I quit because I hadn't the time or inspiration for it. I could have actually done quite a good job, if only I was a bit more motivated.

Of course it's a bit too late for that :P
But like I said, I'd still love to help out more with the storyline and other things, as now I know what things need changing, and of course I've improved a lot since the last storyline I wrote.

Oh yeah and about the battle system, I actually think we used the diamond-shaped boxes first.

And I totally agree on the fact that we should stay motivated but only work on it as a hobby. This is probably where I went wrong, and I'm sure it won't happen again.

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Yeah, the battle screens were in the old thread aswell!

Its been quite awhile since there were new screens or anything like that, so I figured I would show at least a little something for everyone to look at!

capture000-2.png

The new overworld style that is going to be used in Scarlet! A mixture of D/P/PT style and FR/LG style!

capture001-1.png

A new look for the Pokemon Summary Screen!

capture002-1.png

Hmm...whats this, why is the background a different color?!?!?! Yep! The color of the background depends on the type of the pokemon being viewed! For duel typed pokemon the first type is the determinate for this eyecandy, however I want to work it out so :normal:/:flying: types show with a flying colored background verse a normal colored one *hopefully*

I figure I will drop off a few new pokemon concepts aswell!

FEARIT
Info: The shadow of a Fearit is actually alive, and it enjoys scaring Fearit. This makes them live in constant fear of everything.
EVILIVE
Info: The shadow of a Fearit has finally taken total controll of the pokemon, meaning that Evillive can cause as much havoc as it wishes. Fearit has been given the position of its shadow instead.

They are both normal/ghost type, and their dex numbers are not set yet, but they will be in the game.

I hope you all enjoy, I know it isn't much, but its something none the less...

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Love the updates. Can't wait for a release. The fire starter is so cute.

Atomic Reactor

Awesome, the new ow style is great. I love the status screens too.
Great work :]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Those screens look great! the new OW style is pretty cool too. great work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I like the maps.
Fro the screenshots that I looked at they look nice.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks for the comments! When I get a chance I will post some of our maps here, I keep forgetting to do that! XD

Any where here are some special screens!
I've noticed that I haven't given any screenshot attention to the water starter, so here you go!

The first look at Wabouy, The Lungfish Pokemon!

capture003-1.png

In other news, the wonderful Concore is redesigning some of our starters!
First up Stipoldos!

capture001-1.png

Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
there lookin good.
Is Stipidolos suppose to be a dinsosaur/bird?
Because it looks like it has a beak.

Atomic Reactor

Ohhh! I remember seeing Wabouy for the first time when I was part of the staff! The type it is when it evolves is pretty rad, if my memory serves right ;)

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
So you show more here than at Acanthite? xD

Great Trainer Sprites by the way! Professor maple is absolutely amazing!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
there lookin good.
Is Stipidolos suppose to be a dinsosaur/bird?
Because it looks like it has a beak.

It does in fact have a beak. Now whether its part bird or now I don't really know, but I do know that the entire line is being redone, so what Concore does with Barbatops and Thornadon is surely going to be exciting!

Ohhh! I remember seeing Wabouy for the first time when I was part of the staff! The type it is when it evolves is pretty rad, if my memory serves right ;)

Well as of right now Wabouy is my favorite starter! :) That being one of them! lol Its no secret, the dex is in the first post! lol Flagoon is Water/Dragon, so its a neat type combo but its not really any thing to special! :)

So you show more here than at Acanthite? xD

Great Trainer Sprites by the way! Professor maple is absolutely amazing!

Is there really stuff missing on Acanthite's forums? I will have to check that out! I definitely didn't mean for that to happen! :P

Other news:

If you are interested in helping Scarlet out, spriters for both Pokemon and Trainers, and those little menu icons are needed, and also help with developing movesets for the new pokes would be helpful as well! :)

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Rofl Minorthreat your games are so good yet ignored. I would have suspected that since its scarlet more attention would be drawed in but nope still no attention. Its okay though I still appreciate your work. Now then that is a spiffy summary screen and I like how you worked things for the type.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Awesome new tilesets thar. ^_^

Hmmmmm.......moveset help.........lemme' think on that. It could be good training for me when I make movesets for my Fakemon later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back