• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay so this is what I'm confused about... I have used Chaos Rush's Emerald clean-up patch by the way.
I have this script
Spoiler:

And when I step on it the game just freezes except for the music... I've compiled it onto several different offsets and tested them and yet the game still freezes... Also; I've barely started this new hack and this is roughly the third script I've inserted into the game, and now it won't let me compile any more scripts because XSE just comes up with an error saying there's no free space left even though there should be absolutely loads because I have barely put in any scripts and I also used a clean-up patch :S. WHY!?

If the script looks fine, and yet the game freezes on you, then it must be caused by the unknown values you have on your script tile on Advance Map...

I am not sure about Emerald, but for me on Ruby, I always use the values commonly used all throughout the original script tiles in the game...
Code:
Unknown Values: 0003
Var Number: 4000
Spoiler:

Usually, that's what causes some scripts to freeze on you...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
A-tack

Is there a list (I can't find one through search or google) containing what every effect on A-tack does? I know I can find Lower Spd + Hit by looking at Rock Tomb, but I want to change some moves to be more like ones added in Black and White (Namely, I want to remake Fire Spin into Nitro Charge, but I can't find Hit + Raise Spd).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there a list (I can't find one through search or google) containing what every effect on A-tack does? I know I can find Lower Spd + Hit by looking at Rock Tomb, but I want to change some moves to be more like ones added in Black and White (Namely, I want to remake Fire Spin into Nitro Charge, but I can't find Hit + Raise Spd).

I don't think there's a list, so I guess you can manually search the desired effect through A-tack's available list.
Also, if you can't find it in the tool's list, then it means that such effect you seek does not available in the current hackable ROMs...

---oOo---

Anyway pipz, I have a question of my own...

Is there a simple way or a command in a script that will reset ALL flags which are activated all throughout the game?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Attack Editor Pro may be of use to you. It has a complete (I think) list of effects.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Inserting Music

My Cynthia theme crashes ingame at 30-40 secs. Help?

I used sappy to insert the bin btw

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
My Cynthia theme crashes when I insert 4+ tracks.

Years
I need a tile editor

Hi, I am making a Hack of Emerald, Pokemon Aventurine, and I need a tool that can make the cracking ice tile, instead, makes you slide (make it a normal ice tile) does anyone know how?, I'm not trying to change the looks of the tile, just the properties.

I also need a tile editor...

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023

I don't think there's a list, so I guess you can manually search the desired effect through A-tack's available list.
Also, if you can't find it in the tool's list, then it means that such effect you seek does not available in the current hackable ROMs...

---oOo---

That is. You may be able to find it there, but if it's unused, it won't work.
I've already tried using Evasiveness++ (unlike Double Team, which is Evasiveness+), and I guess this needs further modification in order to implement it. Wondering HOW to do this (probably needs some hex, but where are the attacks stored?).

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Oh yes, definately! You can use a Pokémon sprite editor in the Tutorials forum to know how to use the program. Or you can download unLZ GBA to edit the sprites as well. ;)

And... as for editing the ability and putting in the sort that works just like illusion would require hex editing, which would be complicated if you don't know how to hex edit.

I wasn't talking about the ability "illusion", I was talking about giving the player the illusion that there are more than 493 pokemon in the game, and one way to do that would be to have the trainer battle pokemon that aren't catchable in the wild. For example, I could replace Staryu with Goruggu (the ground/ghost golem), and if Starmie is still catchable, and ditto isn't present, there's no way of knowing that Staryu and Gobitto are missing. Battling a trainer that has a Staryu would add to the illusion. So would I be able to replace one of the Arceus forms with Staryu, replace another form with Gobitto, and give them to trainers? I suppose I could nerf arceus' stats, and replace the sprites of each form with pokemon of the same type, but it would be even better if I could put unique pokemon into the game's coding this way.

Speaking of which, what is currently possible with HG/SS hacking? All I really want to do is hack in gen 5 pokemon, change moves, change trainers, change wild pokemon and maybe change which pokemon are given away.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2011
Help!

Hello.
I'm hacking Pokemon Leaf green using the Advance map.
I allready did a lot of stuff too inprove the game,but there is still one problem.
I want to change gym leaders pokemon.
For example:
I want Brock to have: Geodude,Onix,Omanite and Kabuto.
I don't now how to do,so I'm asking if anyone could help me solve this problem

(1.Sorry if my gramar was bad.)
(2. I hope I posted this in the correct category.)

Years
My Cynthia theme crashes when I insert 4+ tracks.

You should have edited that into your previous problem on the last page (due to the similarities).

Could you elaborate on the problem some more, please?
For example, what ROM are you using? Assuming this problem is unrelated to your first one, does it crash in-game or in Sappy when you try to insert more than 4 tracks? By know means am I the one who can help you on this, but if you explain the problem as clearly as possible, you're more likely to get a response ;)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hello.
I allready did a lot of stuff too inprove the game,but there is still one problem.
For example:

You can download Advanced Trainer by Hackmew here. Then from there it should be pretty self-explanatory. Search for Brock and edit his Pokemon to the ones you wanted. His ID is 19E and also, you will need to repoint to free space.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Hello.
For example:

Why sure Just take a left down the "Toolbox" and a right at "Hackmew's Tools Factory" and zip up to A-Trainer. Then find Brock's numberthing (which I found to be 19E) and edit his Pokemon from there. Of course to add Pokemon you'd have to repoint some data or use another person with four Pokemon and put Brock in his/her place. Get it?

if you couldn't follow my "left" "right" directions, then go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
When I tried compiling my script onto a 200 byte FF offset it didn't compile, so I tried higher FF offsets and then eventually at about 600 bytes XSE said there is no free space to compile; that's when I compiled it onto a 600 byte 00 offset. It compiled correctly and so I went to test it on VBA, suddenly loads of the graphics were fuzzy including Prof. Birch in the intro and the rainy weather in my city. The script I put in worked but I didn't want all of the fuzzy graphics so I updated my previous back-up up to the point just before I compiled that script onto the 00 offset, every thing is back to normal now but I can't figure out how to compile my script onto an offset and not have the weird fuzzy graphics. And so how would I go about doing that hmmm?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Sorry if I am spamming here but I am very new. Could someone please link me to a thread that states what hacking is? And it sounds like you are changing the game somehow, would this be possible to download on an NDS Rom? If so, how?

Thanks

Dan

matt steel

some randomer...
Years
Just wondering if there is enough space to have all 649 pokemon to fit on a 3rd gen rom as most tutorials show removing one to add another

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
Years
I was wondering if hacking so you have lots of rare candies, then giving them to a completely legit pokemon, would that pokemon lose it's legit status. Like if (Example) EV trained a kricketune at level 24 (No hacks at all) hacked 999x rare dandies. Gave them to kricketune to get it to lvl 100. Sorry if its already up i'm a bit stupid at looking around :( Thnaks in advance!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Sorry if I am spamming here but I am very new. Could someone please link me to a thread that states what hacking is? And it sounds like you are changing the game somehow, would this be possible to download on an NDS Rom? If so, how?

Thanks

Dan
The Emulation FAQ has all the answers you may have on what ROM hacking is. And are you talking about hacking NDS games? It's possible, but not as easy as it is for GBA games.
Just wondering if there is enough space to have all 649 pokemon to fit on a 3rd gen rom as most tutorials show removing one to add another
Sorry, but it isn't possible to have all those Pokemon, unless you are very advanced. But if you want to replace Pokemon you need to change their stats with YAPE, and ther sprites with Pokemon editors, such as Wichu's Advance Toolbox. You can look at the Tutorials section for specific tutorials on editing Pokemon.

I want to change the music that plays when I go into battle with Team Rocket, How do I do that?
If I recall you need to know ASM to edit music inside battle. Although Advance Trainer allows you to edit the intro music (right before battle).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back