• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Advanceshipping: Ash X May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Us and Them

The Jack of All Trades
Years
I was looking through the shipping section to see if there were any Advanceshipping threads around here, but alas, there were none. Thus, I'm taking it upon myself to start this group, and I hope more Advanceshippers come in due time.

Just in case anyone does read this, I'll start with a question.

Why do you like Advanceshipping?

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

@ rpryor03

Advanceshipping is a relationship thing in this case do you support Ash with May. I think I'm not too good with shipping stuff.

I'm all for it because Hoenn is my generation.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I like Advanceshipping because the two's personalities seem to go together, in a way none of Ash's other female companions could. I personally think Misty and Iris are a little to experienced to be with him and frankly, I've never exactly been to big on Dawn.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Wow, an entire forum I didn't even know existed o_o

For the longest time I participated in AdvanceShipping discussions on Bulbagarden, until some rival shippers who happened to be moderators trampled over a few of us (myself included) in a banhammer rampage.

It's really nice to see a forum of this nature spring up on PC, though. :)
I'll try to participate as much as I can! :D

As for the topic, then.
Why do you like AdvanceShipping?
I'd say because its the most realistic choice for me. I don't like PokéShipping because of its overblown popularity for arbitrary reasons, as well as Misty's attitude towards Ash. I don't care for ContestShipping for similar reasons I listed for PokéShipping, replace Misty with Drew. I think that AdvanceShipping is a mutual relationship because of the episodes Ash and May shared. He helped May in contests with encouragement, shown particularly in her first contest, where she faced off against Drew. I have a soft spot for PearlShipping as well simply because of the relative dynamic it shares with ADV, even though Dawn is just as dense as Ash at times.

tl;dr SatoHaru just makes some good ol' logical sense to me. Love-hate never really cut it for me, sadly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would say yes. They honestly seemed to care for each other a lot more than Ash's other females. Hoenn and May are my favorite things in all of the Anime though. Misty and Ash really never showed a liking for each other,other than in a few episodes and some of the movies,movies being Pokemon 2000,The First Movie,and a small part in Jirachi Wish Maker if Misty is who he was refering to.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
For those of us who have already answered the initial topic, how about a new topic for them.

What is your favorite AdvanceShipping episode?

I would say, the episode where the couple calls Ash and May "a happy couple" or when the two reunited in Sinnoh.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I would say, the episode where the couple calls Ash and May "a happy couple" or when the two reunited in Sinnoh.

That's The Bicker the Better and A Strategy With a Smile, if I recall :).

What is your favorite AdvanceShipping episode?
I'd definitely say Date Expectations. To me, it was the most emotional of the episodes involving AdvanceShipping ;).

Last edited:

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I see. Thanks for correcting me. I do however find a good moment between the two to be when they pulled out the ribbon in Diamond and Pearl that they had tied for and cut in half during the last episode of the Advanced Generation series.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I will say the end of the Battle Frontier when they split the ribbon. And of course May near the end of Temple of the Sea when Ash puts her,Manaphy,and pikachu in the capsule to keep them safe. And she was worried about him.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I will say the end of the Battle Frontier when they split the ribbon. And of course May near the end of Temple of the Sea when Ash puts her,Manaphy,and pikachu in the capsule to keep them safe. And she was worried about him.

That's another good one as well. Does anyone think that May should have stayed a main character on the series?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
The Amazing Justin said:
I see. Thanks for correcting me. I do however find a good moment between the two to be when they pulled out the ribbon in Diamond and Pearl that they had tied for and cut in half during the last episode of the Advanced Generation series.
That was in the last episode!? O_o

Iceman3317 said:

I also really like that moment in M09 :)

You know what this thread needs? Some fanart!

I for the life of me can't remember the name of the artist of most of these drawings D:. It's been like 8 months since I've done this -_-

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Here is a few fan arts I liked. I searched these on bing,I'll try to find the maker of them and give credit. I do not take credit for any of these.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I deleted my previous message due to most of the pictures turning out to be in bad links.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
C'mon people, post! We're in the lead in posts here and at Bulbagarden, so let's not lose that! :D

Moar fanart!
Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah some of my pictures turned into badlinks as well. I guess I'll just keep the one that isn't bad.

Lol and those pictures are great. I really like the top one. I love May's outfit in that one.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I guess it would go pretty well. They would probably have another battle between Sceptile and Blaziken again. And they both love eating so,they would probably go somewhere where they can order a lot. Haha. Kinda hard to say what else.

amjugan

I like advanced shipping because of how much mutual interest Ash and May show for each other. While in other generations there was ether a one sided interest *cough* misty *cough* or almost none with Dawn.

I could not say I have a favorite shipping episode, there are so many.

A date of the two of them... hard to say, is this one they set up? (As in they already spilled out their interests) Or are they just happening to go to a place without Brock/Max/Other, where they would then talk about their feelings?

I've noticed Dawn has had REPEATED cameos in the B&W series, are the writers leaning towards Pearlshipping? DUHN DUHN DUUUUUUUH!
Of course I do have a soft spot for pearlshipping, but I like advanced best, so it wouldnt be as bad for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back