• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Please participate in this online survey to proceed."

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What's your opinion on the online surveys in the internet? Did you take it, or did you pass on it? If you take it, what's your experience on doing so?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I been doing some stupid surveys asked you to download junks and do offer deal, but no matter what I competed, it always never competed. all these nasties may spam your inbox or worse, spreading virus on your PC.

I think surveys is another way to gouge your eyes on something catchy like E-card generator or many fake junks on the internet, mostly from file hosting these useless surveys.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Screw surveys. They have NEVER worked for me, however official and credible they seemed. Also, most of the time, when a website says "survey" they actually mean "subscription for a phone game you'll never play", since there are little to no surveys happening in my country :/

Protip: if a page asks for surveys, unless you're in the US, don't accept. Chances are they're fake and just ad grabs.

Years
I don't seek them out and I ignore them if they ever pop up. Because really, of all the ways I want to spend my time on the internet, filling out a survey is rather towards the very bottom of that list.

Also there's that whole being shady bit, yeah.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I actually used to do a lot of online surveys in my attempts to make extra money. My issues with the surveys that I would be asked to fill out were that I never fit the specifications of whom they wanted answering. There was one time when I was filling out a survey about video games, and they kicked me out saying "I didn't fit what they were looking for" because I don't watch movies on my 3DS.

There was always very little payoff for the length of time a survey takes to complete, too. Sure, the short ones where a restaurant wants to know how they did and they reward you with a free item are all right. But a 45-minute survey that only pays five cents is pointless and aggravating, especially when the survey is full of repeat questions.

Years
I never do online surveys unless it's a must. Many newspaper websites and news sites in general are starting to do this to look for more advertising money (or money in general), and I'll do them just to see the content. However, I won't go out of my way to do surveys at all.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
What to do when you find a survey -
1. Find a survey
2.Close the survey

That was hard, right? Never do surveys, they're all scams.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
As above. There is an X button at the top right of the screen (or top left if using a mac). Use it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Whenever I come across an online survey and there's no way to omit it, I just close the window. There's no reason for me to fill out some random form, especially if it's full of flashy banners and stuff.

Years
What to do when you find a survey -
1. Find a survey
2.Close the survey

That was hard, right? Never do surveys, they're all scams.

That's what I've always believed about online surveys, they're nothing but annoying ways to scam people. Though I have been tempted before, when desperateness sets in for earning virtual money and what-not, but never completed one. Every single one that pops up screams sketch.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Eh... I don't put much care into surveys. I hardly understand some of the questions they ask at times. They word them in strange ways, and it can be frustrating. So, I usually just ignore them or avoid them as much as I can. Sometimes, it can also be something totally irrelevant from what they are trying to get out of you as well. It's another reason why I just don't bother with them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've tried to do a couple of surveys before online long ago, as I've been told that if I were to complete, I would be rewarded with things. I knew all of that were too good to be true and whatnot, but have still decided to give them a shot either way, as I wanted to see what the outcome might be if I did finish. Unfortunately, when I did, they seemed to have led me to even more surveys, which had taken my interest down on them entirely.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
I always get annoyed with myself for going to such sites, especially if I'm in desperate need of finding something, knowing how bogus they are. What I don't understand is how these things are still kicking around though, but I guess that's like asking why hasn't torrenting become less of a trend. Seems to be 'a internet fixture these days, for lack of a better way to describe it.

Back