• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Info - August Discussion Thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ok, hijacked first post - bit more info and pictures there in the spoilers. Probably will add more as more is revealed!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Im glad they didnt replace the Apricorn Balls with Deveon Balls. GO KURT!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
I also wonder what will happen to Kanto's Battle Frontier. I do not want another dumbed-down Kanto. Maybe the one in Kanto will be replaced with the pal-park?

I love the idea that the apricorns will be portable. I never keep track of berries, but maybe I'll be more inclined to make apricorns since I won't have to travel to a bunch of different routes. But I thought they already revealed that the apricot trees were still in the game? The apricorn case seems a bit superfluous then.

The battle frontier is awesome. Now we know they probably won't make Crystal, but most people assumed that anyway.

Rayquaza at Lv50? Cool, cool.

I'm glad Bug Catching Contests are returning, but I assumed they were going to anyway.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
i don't believe he was talking about The Safari Zone in Kanto. i think he was talking about the Battle Frontier that they had in FR/LG...wait...there was a Battle Frontier...? :laugh: i haven't played FR/LG in a while...perhaps it's been far too long. lol

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
Years
This is really bugging me, in Pokemon World Online the safari zone in Johto is in Cianwood. PWO was made long before the announcement of HG/SS. I think Nintendo is taking ideas.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My god this is going to be the greatest pokemon game ever.

& Yet somehow, it will still fail to meet some people's expectations..

But technically, in terms of updates, add-ons, etc.. Yeah, it will be the best Pokemon game ever. xD

The new Safari Zone seems cool, plus DPPt/RSE Legendaries in it = Win.

As for the PWO/Cianwood thing, its highly possible that Nintendo noticed the game, buuut them using it without credit is a bit.. :/

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Well its still stealing ideas.
Did they not take Nintendo's idea to make the game? Hm? Exactly.

But I can't wait, my favorite region and with a tons of extra features. The other legendaries is a but mehish, but it'll be nice to have them.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Does anyone know that will it still take a whole day to make one ball with an apricorn? I kinda want like 10 at a time, one a day isn't enough for me.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Does anyone know that will it still take a whole day to make one ball with an apricorn? I kinda want like 10 at a time, one a day isn't enough for me.

If it does still take a day, you could change the time on your DS to get more than 1 a day.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
Years
If it does still take a day, you could change the time on your DS to get more than 1 a day.
Doubt you'll be able to do that. Remember the honey trees? It took less than a day and you still couldnt cheat by changing the clock.

But I'm estatic over the new safari zone. It might make getting 3rd and 4th Gen pokemon easier to get post-nat dex.

I'm curious about the Frontier though. Does that mean there will be new frontier brains? Or will there be old trainers taking up a new job at the frontier? (It's not like Giovanni has anything left to do). But only time will tell.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
This is really bugging me, in Pokemon World Online the safari zone in Johto is in Cianwood. PWO was made long before the announcement of HG/SS. I think Nintendo is taking ideas.

I think its just a coincidence. Nintendo probably doesn't even know about that project.

About this game being the best in the series, I certainly believe it's shaping out to be. But like someone said before, there will always be people who'll think that HGSS or any new game for that matter is terrible compared to R/G/B and G/S/C due to nostalgia.

But I'm sure HGSS will be great and will get most of the respect it deserves. This is truly one of the most mind blowing remakes ever.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Agreed, I'm really liking how this game's shaping up. A Battle Frontier where the Battle Tower was, as I thought there'd be, a Safari Zone in Cianwood, the return of the Apricorns...I like.

Oh, and Yamikarasu, the anime was the only thing that showed a Battle Frontier in Kanto. Unless you meant the Kanto Safari Zone. XD (I still think that one'll be closed, since the Warden was away from it in GSC, but I could see it made into that Pal Park.)

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
wow the Dialga and Palkia battle is a double battle...damn...hard times catchin those 2...xD

Back