The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
Boonzeet
Pokémon Kairos Developer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have the layout and loading the pokemon.txt file complete
None of the add buttons work yet. The remove buttons remove form the lists, but don't actually remove when it comes to saving.
I have the saving mostly complete, at the moment it doesn't save evolutions as i've only just finished the loading of them. Saving them is next

This is the final layout with everything loaded
This looks great. Would love to use this!

My DeviantART
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonzeet View Post
This looks great. Would love to use this!
I'm looking at releasing it when i've done some more testing

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Java's Missingno.
The Electric Mayhem

Nature: Quiet
Working on a party system for Unity, which keeps important information about party members, as well as player position and map data(with luck, it'll allow Unity scenes to behave more like maps in RMXP). This isn't strictly meant to be used for a Pokemon game, but when AWAKE's done, I'll try to put everything relevant to making a Pokemon game together for public use.

Old May 24th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Kyainey
#yadon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyainey
Working on a...sort of text adventure? Choose your own adventure??? Something like that.

One of those two things (or even both) + Pokémon. It's like a sort of retelling of R/B/Y/FR/LG, but with choices thrown in everywhere so the plot could take a dramatic turn. Who knows?
#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old May 28th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm working on an Irrlicht port designed for RMXP (again, and I think this is my 4th attempt), right now. I have it working to where it renders onto an RMXP bitmap (Not really rendering it to a bitmap but rather rendering it to a render target and copying the render target data to the bitmap). It doesn't affect the frame rate at all meaning it runs at a steady 40 fps. (unless you're going to overload everything then obviously the frame rate will go down, but this is a common problem with any program)
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Holy Knight

Nature: Adamant
well, im writting the story of the game i wanna make, rewritting the pbs of essentials (mostly filling the new pokemons and the moves and tm´s and a the tread started by Pokemon Trainer Jackey helped a lot, thanks for that Jackey xD) also i wanna add the 6 gen pokes (i don´t know how to do it, yet) drawning sprites and that´s it as today.
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Roaming Murkrow

Send a message via Skype™ to Roaming Murkrow
Decided to postpone the making of PMD game and decided to focus on a classic Pokemon game in favor of my friend instead. And he is helping me a lot with it too (he made all the gym leaders and few E4 members) and he also helped me decide on the starters.

At the moment i'm just mapping maps, also already made all the events in the hometown. Also flagging the tiles i'm using which is a bit frustrating.

The story is pretty much planned out, so i don't have to worry about that.

LoL Summoner names (Please tell me if you add me)
NA: NineTales9
EUW: ProjecL
EUNE: Trolling Discord
Favorite Champions: Veigar, Zed, Gnar
Paired with Polar Spectrum
Code Geass fanclub!
Essentials forme change with moves script

I support Digimon Your Digital Dream
I support Pokemon The Movie Game

Old June 5th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Googleshop

Nature: Docile
With a vast majority of paperwork and planning sorted out- 10 days into this pokemon crossfire project it's time to take on tilesets for gym interiors and a steampunk inspired city.
my partner in crime is working on the new pokemon, moves and the TM List

Thank the heavens for RPG Maker and the essentials kit!
Old June 8th, 2014, 03:56 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Punchbag script for my game:
Old June 8th, 2014, 06:10 PM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiKi
Working on a game, well writing, wanna get everyting down before i begin implementing it, i have my main story and the basics, for a Pokemon game, just going over features and other stuff for it. So you know, lots and lots of different stuff, you know?

HEY YOU! Yes, you. Had an idea for a Pokémon game, or anything in general for new games? Don't hack, but want to put your ideas out there? Or perhaps, you just want to talk about it? Well, do I have a treat for you. Just come on by to the Idea Exchange thread here. And yes, it's so good that I wrote a paragraph for it.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
Pokémon Serenity Escape
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!
Old June 9th, 2014, 07:51 AM
r1zzo23

Hey guys! Completely new to the forum as well as game development and, well, programming in general. I have been learning C# for the past two months or so and I have a very basic understanding of JS. I have recently been trying to implement what I've learned in C# by writing a text based Pokémon game. I am really struggling with what I should do next. Every time I figure one thing out, I feel like I realize I have two other things I need to change.

The reason I decided to do a Pokemon game is because I'm very familiar with the game and what should happen. This "game" I'm developing us not really something I'm looking at releasing at all. It us basically just giving me a direction to go while learning C#.

If anyone wants to lend a helping hand and take a look at my code to give me some pointers, I would be excited for the help. I'll be reading around these forums to see what you guys have to offer and hopefully pick up a few tips here and there.

Last edited by r1zzo23; June 9th, 2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old June 17th, 2014, 11:19 AM
dragonnite
The 17 year old programer. Now byte off

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1zzo23 View Post
Hey guys! Completely new to the forum as well as game development and, well, programming in general. I have been learning C# for the past two months or so and I have a very basic understanding of JS. I have recently been trying to implement what I've learned in C# by writing a text based Pokémon game. I am really struggling with what I should do next. Every time I figure one thing out, I feel like I realize I have two other things I need to change.

The reason I decided to do a Pokemon game is because I'm very familiar with the game and what should happen. This "game" I'm developing us not really something I'm looking at releasing at all. It us basically just giving me a direction to go while learning C#.

If anyone wants to lend a helping hand and take a look at my code to give me some pointers, I would be excited for the help. I'll be reading around these forums to see what you guys have to offer and hopefully pick up a few tips here and there.
Well its good to see more people takeing on programing. This game ive seen the thread for i like how it comeing ill be happy to look at the coding if you need.

As for me. I help the Pokemon xy PC dev team as co programer

My Game Engine: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334263
Old June 27th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Pokemon-Planet

I've just registered an account to start a thread showing my progress on a Pokemon MMO. To some it up quickly, it's basically a multiplayer version of fire red written from scratch, with a bunch of new features to make for great gameplay. You can check it out once I get the thread up, but I need 14 more posts before I can post links
Old July 10th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
I picked back up full scale work on Faith & Prayer Version and am currently mapping out the maps for Demo 4. Most of the exterior maps are finished, and soon come the dungeons. I'm currently working on New Bark Town, as Demo 4 will be the one to push you into Johto.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Old July 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
mushimaster

I'm new the the forum and thought this might be a good place to start. For a few months I've been learning programming. To help get better I decided on making a Pokemon game I've always wanted to play. A third generation graphics open world game. No routes. The further away from cities the player goes, the higher the pokemon's/trainer's level and difficulty increases. I have a prototype game engine built in Python and a prototype render software in Python as well. I plan to port the game engine to C++ and use a modified version of the render software included in the tiling program I use, Tiled. I have about half of the Main Map done. The map is huge, 1200 x 700 tiles. It turned into something a little bigger than what I had origanlly intended, lol.
Old July 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
TheGuyver

I'm working on an MMO that we're calling PMKN Unlimited at the moment. It's a re-imagining of the first five regions with a lot of features. We have a server up for testing and are currently working our way though Kanto before opening it up to open alpha testing. I'll be posting a thread on here soon!
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Blazing Inferno
Weavile's Revenge Creator

I am currently reworking my in-game battle to make it real-time. Roughly just under halfway through it.

Come and check it out!
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 02:10 PM
InvisibleWater

Nature: Quirky
Currently attempting to program a Pokemon game in Game Maker: Studio.

Wish me luck!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:21 AM
lauerolus

Currently editing PBS files and scripts.

Also, today I found out you can view two documents with one notepad++ window. My life is compete.

Spoiler:
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:29 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
Also, today I found out you can view two documents with one notepad++ window. My life is compete.

Spoiler:
Howww?

Fiddling around with Ren'Py to discover the basics.

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:04 AM
Roaming Murkrow

Send a message via Skype™ to Roaming Murkrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post

Spoiler:
I wasn't even aware of that. That's gonna make life way easier!

LoL Summoner names (Please tell me if you add me)
NA: NineTales9
EUW: ProjecL
EUNE: Trolling Discord
Favorite Champions: Veigar, Zed, Gnar
Paired with Polar Spectrum
Code Geass fanclub!
Essentials forme change with moves script

I support Digimon Your Digital Dream
I support Pokemon The Movie Game

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:29 AM
lauerolus

You can also CLONE documents to both windows.

I donated to the developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Howww?

Fiddling around with Ren'Py to discover the basics.
Right click a document tab and clone/move to "other view".

Last edited by lauerolus; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:34 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:42 PM
Bowlstir
Pokemon Cosmos Creator

I'm working on my first project, Pokemon Cosmos!

It's got about a good 30 min of game-play that revolutionizes the theory of Pokemon and psychology.

The first version is avail for Download

Version 1.0 Released!

Old 1 Day Ago, 01:33 PM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
I am working on my game Pokemon Crimson Skies. I am trying to finish mapping the region (approx. 40% done) and find other useful resources (mostly tiles). We need a spriter for that(I have a post in Team Recruitment for anyone interested) or I need to find tile' on the internet. I have found a good deal of tiles luckily.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here