• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Elite Four by Game/Region

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
Witch Pokemon version was your favorite elite 4 and champion and Why?

please post here your answer!!
and i'm looking forward for the league from all.

mine was gold and silver just because of lance lol and his dragon scheme

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Tossing this over to PGC, although I'm not sure if there's already a thread like it in there.

Years
I really loved Unova's Elite Four, while they may use types that have been repeatedly used in past Elite Fours the members themselves still have unique designs and use some powerful Pokemon as well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I tend to ignore the Elite Four as they don't have much in terms of personality or backstory, plus their role in the games is very small. They tend to be very forgettable.

I'd say the Kalos Elite Four are my favorite E4 as they have a beyond-awesome battle theme and Malva actually has (gasp!) a personality and does something in the game besides sitting in her room at the Pokémon League. So far, Malva is the least two-dimensional member of any Elite Four ever.
As for the rest of the Kalos E4, Drasna is fairly challenging and Wikstrom too put up a good fight. I was pleasantly surprised.

A honorable mention goes to the Kanto Elite Four. I respect the hell out of Agatha for curb-stomping me many, many, many times in the old days of R/B/Y.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Kanto from R/G/B/FR/LG.

Spr_FRLG_Lorelei.png
Spr_FRLG_Bruno.png
Spr_FRLG_Agatha.png
Spr_FRLG_Lance.png

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
As for the whole league, I'd probably have to say Kanto. I've been playing the games since the originals, but I never actually beat the E4 until I was quite a bit older and revisited Kanto in the Leafgreen remake. Still, I remember Lance being a huge douche and never letting me win. And then Gary was literal douche.

My favorite single character from any of the leagues would be Cynthia from Sinnoh. I had to look up what everyone else used, because I only really remembered her team. I do recall really hating the battles with Flint, because he was supposed to use fire types and had a friggin' Drifblim. But I really just like the Sinnoh league for Cynthia. She was pretty badass.

blue

gucci
Years
Sinnoh Elite Four are my favorites, they just seem to stand out the most for me. They're the most challenging too, particularly in Platinum with their aces.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I tend to ignore the Elite Four as they don't have much in terms of personality or backstory, plus their role in the games is very small. They tend to be very forgettable.

I'd say the Kalos Elite Four are my favorite E4 as they have a beyond-awesome battle theme and Malva actually has (gasp!) a personality and does something in the game besides sitting in her room at the Pokémon League. So far, Malva is the least two-dimensional member of any Elite Four ever.
As for the rest of the Kalos E4, Drasna is fairly challenging and Wikstrom too put up a good fight. I was pleasantly surprised.

A honorable mention goes to the Kanto Elite Four. I respect the hell out of Agatha for curb-stomping me many, many, many times in the old days of R/B/Y.

Sad, but true. GF, themselves, mostly ignore the E4, so most fans do, too. So much for being the "strongest trainers in the land," huh? :rolleyes2:

Out of the games I've played (RBY, GSC, and RSE), I guess I have to go with Gen 1 Indigo (NOT "Kanto"... Kanto and Johto share the same League, so there's NO such thing as a "Kanto E4" or "Johto E4"!). They don't have the greatest teams, but Lance is awesome (and hot :P) as a character, and Lorelei and Agatha both have great potential as characters, even if GF never realized it (and have since mostly discarded them from canon). Bruno was the only real dud of the group.

Gen 2 Indigo was TERRIBLE. Bruno still sucked, Will was an insult, and Lance, bless him, was one of the most underwhelming Champions ever. Karen was the only good thing about this group.

As for Hoenn... Meh. They're pretty forgettable bunch. None of them even used unique types, and Glacia, in particular, had a pathetic team. Drake will still always be the Orange Islands hunk with the Dragonite to me, not some old shirtless guy from Hoenn. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
my favourites are the Hoenn and Kalos Elite Four! if it wasn't obvious gen 3 i've played the most overall anyway so of course i remember them best. i only didn't like Glacia much cause she was so similar to Agatha from my point of view.

... i legitimately don't even remember who the E4 were in Johto or Sinnoh games, so i guess those are my least favourites x:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
The Unova Elite 4 because they used a good arrangement of types and i like the way that you got to the champion as well. And also cause Grimsley is my fav elite four member in the history of forever haha

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The Elite Four from Hoenn has always been the most memorable to me, so its my favorite. I love all the members, and remember them giving me trouble during RSE. They were actually a challenge for me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
My favorite Champion (and probably one of my favorite Pokémon characters ever tbh) is Cynthia, but I don't care for the Sinnoh Elite Four all that much. My favorite regular member is either Karen or Shauntal. Going by the whole though, I might just go with the Kalos Elite Four. I loved the twist with Malva, and even though Siebold and Wikstrom were pretty useless and forgettable, I liked Drasna, and they all seemed to sort of "fit" I guess.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm really torn here. I have a different favorite Champion in terms of personality than I do for battling and then for Elite Four, I don't really know. I suppose if I had to pick a favorite overall Elite Four plus the Champion for them, I'd go with Ruby/Sapphire's because it's the one I recall having the most trouble with and found challenging, however it was when I was a kid. I don't recall having a tough time with Gen IV's E4 aside from Cynthia as Champion. I didn't struggle with Unova's Champion, but did struggle with Shantal...and no one else, for that matter. I find Kanto and Johto's E4s to be laughably easy and didn't even struggle with them as a kid. And then Kalos' is also a joke to me. :/

For what it's worth though, my favorite solitary Elite Four member is Malva. Like someone else said in here, she has a backstory (and I'm a sucker for ex/current evil team members that have other roles outside of that) and a personality. Seriously didn't really like Elite Four members much until her.

Years
Score are based on their lasting appeal. Kalos was overall the most interesting and memorable cast.

6th place- Sinnoh (21)
Aaron - 4; Bertha - 4; Flint -6; Lucian - 7
5th place - Hoenn (27)
Sidney - 7; Phoebe - 6; Glacia - 5 (before redesign); Drake - 9
4th place - Johto (29)
Koga - 9; Will - 6; Bruno - 5; Karen - 9

[tied] 2nd place - Unova (33)
Shantal - 8; Marshal -7; Grimsley -9; Caitlin - 9
[tied] 2nd place - Kanto (33)
Lorelei - 10, Bruno - 6, Agatha - 8, Lance - 9

First Place - Kalos (35)

Malva - 10; Drasna - 10; Siebold - 7; Wilkstrom - 8

Top 10 Individually
10. Chantal/Agatha
9. Koga
8. Caitlin
7. Drake
6. Grimsley
5. Karen
4. Lance
3. Malva
2. Lorelei
1. Drasna

Champions:
9. Alder (5)
8. Red (6)
7. Iris (6)
6. Steven (7)
5. Blue (8)
4. Diantha (8)
3. Lance (9)
2. Wallace (9)
1.Cynthia (10)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The one thing Unova did really well was its elite four. Marshall kinda ruined the cool and mysterious essence, but whatever. I think both champions in that region were pretty bad though.

I think as a champion and elite four Hoenn wins for me. All their members were unique and had the potential to be so interesting so it's a shame they never got showcased much. Steven is tied for me as best champion with Cynthia. He's really original and likable, I find it hard not to love him

Back