• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What will the Ore serve as a function? Do you sell that at a shop, thus making money off of employing the miners?

Cyclone

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
The difficulty seemed to ease a little after Aaron, which is nice. Although for some reason, I'm having huge trouble deciding what to catch as my fourth Pokémon. As soon as I saw people mention Miltank Farm, I thought "Ooh! Miltank!", but either they're extremely rare, or you can't catch Miltank at Miltank Farm!

Someone's probably already mentioned these little things, but here goes anyway:
If you save inside the Highland Town Mart while the goon is in there, the title music will play inside the Mart when you reload your save.
Accuracy is misspelled.
Farfetch'd is misspelled.
If you run into a wild Pokémon in Miltank Farm, you won't be able to reopen the gate unless you enter and exit a building.
That thing related to the mart music is something I didn't know about. It's unlikely that I will fix it though because it's probably related to the asm routine used to load the map music. That map is using music byte which stands for "no music" and this does seem to occur that way.
I'll write it down though (I have been keeping track of all possible bugs) and might fix that later.

Thanks for the other bug reports as well!

I have already fixed the name of Farfetch'd yet this is not in Beta 3.1. Accuracy on the other hand is one I haven't run into.
And I can also fix that gate thing now that I've heard about it. I may even be able to make it so, once the gate is opened, it won't be closed after a wild pokemon battle is fought.

But yeah, it's nice to see you have been paying attention to pretty much everything :)
If I need beta testers later on and you want to apply for the job, PM me about it.

What will the Ore serve as a function? Do you sell that at a shop, thus making money off of employing the miners?

Cyclone
Yeah, Ores can be sold for $150 and they have no other purpose in the game.
Fire, Water, Thunder, and Leaf Stones for $1050 like normally but prices of Sun Stone and Moon Stone have been increased so that they can be sold for $1500.

There there are also other stones you can get (which I won't mention here) but they are more rare though.

miksy91

Years
Not really an update but something neat I came up with.

dark01.png
dark02.png

These are picked from the battle with Isaac after modifying the coding related to "shiny pokemon encounter ratio". During the game in the next release, you won't see him using shiny Machoke though because that would also turn all of the other pokemon he has into shiny.

Basically, in G/S/C trainers can be made to use shiny pokemon by default if a certain table defining the DV values of pokemon used by that trainer are changed. Isaac (or Bruno originally) had those DV values set so that his pokemon are not shiny considering how the original "shiny pokemon ratio" code worked but in release with my hacked routine, his pokemon actually were.

I might put this in use for further releases, we'll have to see about that...

Oh and by the way, I may "lean" on releasing the next beta with the info related to Option 1 in that poll. In other words, as "quickly as possible" (not really, I'm only spending a little bit of my free time working on this). The reason for this is that that way I have a reason for starting to improve the "beginning parts" of the hack earlier and also have a playable release out there without the minor scripting errors beta 3.1 had.

If I do release this kind of a beta next, it might come sometime during the Spring I believe.

miksy91

Years
Something "revolutionary", loaning kkj1116's comment in the video.

No, not gonna lie. Practising for more than 3 years has clearly paid off like you can see in the contents of this video I just scripted.

That there is how an add-on called "Battle Room" or "Battle Simulator" like stated in the video title works. You can choose the "experience rank mode" of one from "Novice" to "Supreme" and an a random opponent of the chosen rank is simulated to battle with you. The faced trainer isn't actually totally random, there will be 5 ones to choose from but the one chosen is really randomized.

Last edited:

Pokemaster37

Anime Fan
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2015
I haven't started playing yet, but everything you added looks great. The Battle Sim is a very good idea, you can always battle a trainer. Another method of getting rare stones is amazing as well. It must be great to not have to buy all of the ones you want.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
I saw Legendary Zapdos in Forest then I followed the Legendary Zapdos . when I saw again Legenday Zapdos is fLy to TaLLest building ahead then I go to Agent warehouse but it has a password

Sorry for wrong Grammar because I'm TagaLog ^^

miksy91

Years
I haven't started playing yet, but everything you added looks great. The Battle Sim is a very good idea, you can always battle a trainer.
Yeah, I figured it would be worth adding because you can easily run out of money if you lose many times against and battled gym leader (parts of the hack can be quite difficult). But it also serves for an easy way of training. I do like how it turned out myself too.

Another method of getting rare stones is amazing as well. It must be great to not have to buy all of the ones you want.
That's actually not the objective behind the side-quest. Sure, you receive rare stones in the process (and actually one of them called De-Stone can be dug up this way too and cannot be bought anywhere else). But there is also another reason behind this side-quest (which is why it exists actually, I don't like doing stuff for "no reason"). Not telling here though, would spoil stuff for final release ;)

I saw Legendary Zapdos in Forest then I followed the Legendary Zapdos . when I saw again Legenday Zapdos is fLy to TaLLest building ahead then I go to Agent warehouse but it has a password

Sorry for wrong Grammar because I'm TagaLog ^^
Yeah, that's what was supposed to happen there. And you've got that right, it indeed flew to the building where you need the password in Argent Warehouse. The password isn't obtainable in beta 3.1 so you'll just have to wait for the next release to be able to get there.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Hey, glad to see you're still progressing with this and looking forward to the next release!

miksy91

Years
Hey, glad to see you're still progressing with this and looking forward to the next release!
Thanks! Believe it or not, I'll be progressing with this hack one year from now on as well (gotta take a loooong time to finish this).

Currently, I'm improving parts of Beta 3 that were "lacking something". Mainly some dialogue (things like someone talking about "Shouldn't you be at a school in a time like this?" will be replaced) but there will also be changes to existing events. For instance, Roland's house has been added to The Capital, and the scripts in your house should be completely redone (obtaining Eevee + stuff that happens downstairs). I also added a minor assembly hack for radios there (you can listen to actual music with them instead of stuff like "Oak's pokemon talk" which would make no sense being possible in this hack in the first place).

P.S
You may find out something neat about Dark Energy by playing the next version of Mateo's Christmas hack ;)

miksy91

Years
Keep up the awesome work!
I will :)

This will be a legendary hack.
I guess...
It would be better not to praise this hack that much though. DE is turning out an excellent hack (even though I say it myself), and I'd really like to see more support to it. Still calling a rom hack "legendary", "glorious" or something similar is wrong I think. Gamefreak could have implemented something far more spectacular, something that not even the best hackers in this forum wouldn't have been able to "compete with". But for some reason, they wanted to retain pokemon games "as simple as possible".

And even so, there are at least 5 people in Skeetendo Inc. who could have done better than I have with this hack (if they had planned the storyline and events in the way I did). Pointing out to that legendary word there here as well.

Edit:
I have done some changes to the main post there. Go and check it out!

Double-edit:

I got graphical assistance from Solar at Skeetendo Inc. and have now succesfully inserted a couple of new sprites in the game (Solar made all of these; Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Mew). The actual difficult part here was to change some of the game's coding so that more sprites could be loaded from the "sprite tables" but everything is running smoothly and without glitches :)

darkzp.png

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
More updates (check the latest from the previous post).

Mystery Box, or is it?

All I'll say here that the contents of this item ball are no way randomized. And there are actually one million choices for the amount of money received from it...

31978610.png
26909894.png
76331469.png

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Should really get back to following this thread. I played the beta (3.1 I think it was) a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know why but I'm a sucker for retro games. I'm loving the new changes you're implementing to really flesh out the game and am pretty jealous of the things you've come up with (the battle simulator and some of the events through the beta).

Looking forward to the next release and beating the guy with the Steelix all over again when I'm not supposed to.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Don't be so modest, 'could have' is worthless. You're the one actually doing it. :)

miksy91

Years
Should really get back to following this thread. I played the beta (3.1 I think it was) a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know why but I'm a sucker for retro games. I'm loving the new changes you're implementing to really flesh out the game and am pretty jealous of the things you've come up with (the battle simulator and some of the events through the beta).

Looking forward to the next release.
Thanks, I like every single bit of what I see here :D
And not to worry about beta 4 at least, it won't be a disappointment (but you do have to start over from the beginning, or are advised to at least). I've been re-doing some events there.

and beating the guy with the Steelix all over again when I'm not supposed to.
Ivysaur: Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, switch out... Go Eevee! Eevee: Sand Attack, Sand Attack...
Or some another way, hahha!

Don't be so modest, 'could have' is worthless. You're the one actually doing it. :)
You are right about that! But still, shouldn't be praising own hack myself, it's completely okay for others to say that though but even though the hack is good, most players don't seem to care or take some time posting a message about how the game was.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Finished the beta a few months ago. Got to say, this is definitely one of my favorite hacks out there. The features you added, the ideas incorporated here, such splendor! Very original, too. I will be keeping an eye out on this thread for updates. You have my support. :)

miksy91

Years
Finished the beta a few months ago. Got to say, this is definitely one of my favorite hacks out there. The features you added, the ideas incorporated here, such splendor! Very original, too. I will be keeping an eye out on this thread for updates. You have my support. :)
Thanks for positive feedback :)
And don't think I wouldn't have noticed you voted for DE in HotY ;)

Last edited:
Years
Just finished the beta (or at least, where it seems to end).
I must say, this game is actually awesome and has all of my support.
The storyline is great, i like the fact that the protagonist doesn't want to be the very best, but simply study and do some research for the university. The enemies seem well done, much better than the usual Team Rocket. I like the fact that you can buy some of the evolution stones, i always found that quite useful, when you reach the end of the game with a lot of money and have to complete the pokédex.
The only question i have is this: will it be possible to complete the pokédex at the final release? I love when hacks give the possibility to capture or trade all pokémon.
Again, such a great job, i really liked your hack and i'll be here in the forums to keep track of its progress.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Just finished the beta (or at least, where it seems to end).
I must say, this game is actually awesome and has all of my support.
The storyline is great, i like the fact that the protagonist doesn't want to be the very best, but simply study and do some research for the university. The enemies seem well done, much better than the usual Team Rocket. I like the fact that you can buy some of the evolution stones, i always found that quite useful, when you reach the end of the game with a lot of money and have to complete the pokédex.
Nice to see you commented about it and I liked the feedback you put up :)
The reason why you can buy the evolutions stones is pretty much for Eevee (and of course other stone-evolution pokemon) there. Have you been doing the "magical book" sidequest? You can find 4 Pages in beta 3 already (related to the reason why getting evolution stones had to be made as simple as possible).

The only question i have is this: will it be possible to complete the pokédex at the final release? I love when hacks give the possibility to capture or trade all pokémon.
If this was a normal pokemon game, I'd probably make it that way but there are specific reasons for making it so pokedex won't be completeable in the game. The hack has lots of differences to original pokemon games (and most hacks) as you have seen already but there will be more to come. Beta 4 will somewhat cover the idea behind the final version so you'll see when I've got that one up :D
But no, all pokemon won't be catchable but almost every single one will be.

Again, such a great job, i really liked your hack and i'll be here in the forums to keep track of its progress.
Thanks :) If progress goes according to the plan (I actually can't promise it will, some other types of issues than hacking to take care of, hahha!), I ought to have a new release up sometime in the Spring already.

Back