• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Just FYI, Life Orb increases damage but doesn't damage the user (yet)
Rocky Helmet does nothing (but it looks nice)
Black Sludge is a leftovers clone (for now)

They'll all be ready by 1.4b or 1.5,
I'm working on them now, I just figured I should release 1.4a without them, because
I've received so many PMs and seen so many people reporting the poison glitch.

BTW I've found out why Tyranitar didn't work for Gary,
it's because Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning are broken (for now)
Basically Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes for whatever reason mess with the routine for
switch in effects causing alot of odd things to be loaded.
I'm trying to fix this for 1.4b or 1.5 too

Neat, I was wondering about that. I'll add both to the bugs and notices for now.

For those of you hype about the new items, keep this in mind. For those just jumping into the hack: the way this hack is set up, these don't really effect anything until postgame (because the new items aren't available until then) or unless you use the legendary birds' second ability, because I made weather abilities rather sparse.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Neat, I was wondering about that. I'll add both to the bugs and notices for now.

For those of you hype about the new items, keep this in mind. For those just jumping into the hack: the way this hack is set up, these don't really effect anything until postgame (because the new items aren't available until then) or unless you use the legendary birds' second ability, because I made weather abilities rather sparse.

Also BTW I seem to have forgotten to remove Snow Warning from Caterpie (am using it for testing the weather abilities), so you may want to change that back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
Also BTW I seem to have forgotten to remove Snow Warning from Caterpie (am using it for testing the weather abilities), so you may want to change that back.
Was just about to say that. I caught one and when I sent it out in battle it fainted immediately and the game froze.

Years
Well now I have another problem, when I'm in battle, the game sometimes just stops for no reasons. It's often after a hit was taken or a Pokémon fainted. Anyway, the thing is it doesn't just freeze the game, it just blocks the box. it stays white but the music keeps playing

I've had that several times now and I must say that's a little frustrating, mainly when you haven't saved in a while. It happens often with Flame Wheel, Sonicboom and I saw it happens with Poison Sting and Horn Attack. I just don't know if it's a problem with my VBA or with the game itself (well since the music keeps playing, it's technically not just a problem with my VBA)

So I wondered if you could look a little into that please (I'll try my other hack gams to see if it only happens with yours but it started after the update so...)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Well now I have another problem, when I'm in battle, the game sometimes just stops for no reasons. It's often after a hit was taken or a Pokémon fainted. Anyway, the thing is it doesn't just freeze the game, it just blocks the box. it stays white but the music keeps playing

I've had that several times now and I must say that's a little frustrating, mainly when you haven't saved in a while. It happens often with Flame Wheel, Sonicboom and I saw it happens with Poison Sting and Horn Attack. I just don't know if it's a problem with my VBA or with the game itself (well since the music keeps playing, it's technically not just a problem with my VBA)

So I wondered if you could look a little into that please (I'll try my other hack gams to see if it only happens with yours but it started after the update so...)
Hmm... I personally haven't seen this yet, but I'll look into it and do some testing. In the meantime, you may want to check if you have the correct ROM or not, repatch a clean ROM, etc. for troubleshooting's sake.

Has anyone else seen this happen yet?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
Hmm... I personally haven't seen this yet, but I'll look into it and do some testing. In the meantime, you may want to check if you have the correct ROM or not, repatch a clean ROM, etc. for troubleshooting's sake.

Has anyone else seen this happen yet?
This has happened to me as well, but I applied the patch to the Firered ROM again and it stopped happening. (This was just before I found Snow Warning Caterpie; I haven't tried the latest patch yet.)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
This has happened to me as well, but I applied the patch to the Firered ROM again and it stopped happening. (This was just before I found Snow Warning Caterpie; I haven't tried the latest patch yet.)

Ah ha, I see! That explains why I haven't found anything at all. I'm not sure if I should blame the patch itself or the ROM used in this case, but problems like these happen with the patching process of any hack in general.

Always keep a spare clean ROM handy (If you need to check the version number, there are telltale signs. One of them which is a bug in the Pokedex entries), and if all else fails try downloading another ROM from another place. Of course if this happens more often with more people, my patch may be a little warped after all. Which would mean I should take some measures to make sure the patch is safe to use.

Years
Yup it was indeed the patch that didn't work properly, I redid it and it's fine now.

Just one question though : Did you by chance move the soothe Bell ? It's supposed to be where Mr. Fuji was standing but I can't find it, even with the Itemfinder. If so, can you tell me where you've put it ?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I didn't touch it, and Advance Map even says it's still there. o.O

Keep in mind that you need to be right on top of where he was and use the Itemfinder, but that was in Vanilla FR.

Last edited:
Years
Okay I'l try it again... btw another question : is there a readme file where the changes about the moves learned by levelling can be found ? (beacuse trying to make a Spectrum learn Shadow ball and realizing that it doesn't learn it at level 33 is a bit annoying...)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been rather busy lately and therefore production has been rather slow. Real life keeps rolling forward and all. In the meantime for the sake of data collecting I have a question:

If in the future (not "next update" future yet, mind you) I added in gym leader rematches, should I do which of the following?

1. Recreate teams from various other games (probably Gold/Silver/Crystal teams, but with movesets and other enhancements heavily inspired by HeartGold/SoulSilver teams/rematches and Black/White 2's Tournament.) Keep in mind that GSC leader teams have 4 while I want a full team battle though; If I do remade teams I'd probably fit in two Pokemon from either other teams or pulled straight out of thin air.

2. Create my own with no ties outside of the given type and the Pokemon/items present in the game. I can't tell you how good they'll be, but probably on par with Gary's difficulty but with maybe a little more strategy (Sandstorm team for example.) Once again I am not a supreme tactician but I'll give it my best shot.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been rather busy lately and therefore production has been rather slow. Real life keeps rolling forward and all. In the meantime for the sake of data collecting I have a question:

If in the future (not "next update" future yet, mind you) I added in gym leader rematches, should I do which of the following?

1. Recreate teams from various other games (probably Gold/Silver/Crystal teams, but with movesets and other enhancements heavily inspired by HeartGold/SoulSilver teams/rematches and Black/White 2's Tournament.)

2. Create my own with no ties outside of the given type and the Pokemon/items present in the game. I can't tell you how good they'll be, but probably on par with Gary's difficulty but with maybe a little more strategy (Sandstorm team for example.) Once again I am not a supreme tactician but I'll give it my best shot.

Hmm... I say, create your own. It will be interesting to fight with a trainer you created yourself.
Misty NEEDS a Lapras

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm not really mapping out any of the teams yet, but Lapras is probably going to be a given on Misty either way. It's only either that or Cloyster on her team for Water/Ice types really, and I don't see Cloyster working too well for various reasons.

GSC outright has Lapras in canon, so there's that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I'm not really mapping out any of the teams yet, but Lapras is probably going to be a given on Misty either way. It's only either that or Cloyster on her team for Water/Ice types really, and I don't see Cloyster working too well for various reasons.

GSC outright has Lapras in canon, so there's that.

Maybe it could also be an idea for the fans to vote on which pokemon make the Gym Leader's rematch teams. The rematches should have a full-on 6 vs 6 fight!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Maybe it could also be an idea for the fans to vote on which pokemon make the Gym Leader's rematch teams. The rematches should have a full-on 6 vs 6 fight!
I may do a voting system later when I have more concrete ideas if I plan to make my own teams. It somewhat depends on how many people chime in.

I'm planning on making it full sized teams either way. GSC teams have four Pokemon, so if I remake teams this means I'm taking two from other sources (and there are plenty between the HGSS rematches and tournaments) or make two of my own if I really need to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I may do a voting system later when I have more concrete ideas if I plan to make my own teams. It somewhat depends on how many people chime in.

I'm planning on making it full sized teams either way. GSC teams have four Pokemon, so if I remake teams this means I'm taking two from other sources (and there are plenty between the HGSS rematches and tournaments) or make two of my own if I really need to.

Cool. I'm always there to "chime in."
6 vs 6 fight is a must, though. I mean, you're fighting the Gym Leaders at their absolute best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back