• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That is entirely a manner of opinion, but from a competitive viewpoint, Vileplume is the better choice. Any level would be a good level to evolve it; it already has all the moves it needs from Oddish.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Thanks very much :P

I also have another one for everyone [sorry!]

What's the best advice you can give for capturing Kyogre without the masterball?

Years
If you had Treecko as a starter, then it should've been able to learn False Swipe as a Grovyle/Sceptile. If not, then Nincada learns it at lv. 25. Bringing it down to one HP is very helpful. Then, try to keep it asleep as long as possible. Also, try and use Net Balls as they're better than Ultra Balls. Timer Balls instead if it goes over 30 turns. Hope this helps.

Divine~Deoxys

On leafgreen, how can you get a staryu?? i know where they're found (i eventually got the hang of that weird pokedex), but all my old rod picks up anywhere between pallet town and vermilion city is lv.5 magikarps, and i already bought one of those.

The Red Chain

On leafgreen, how can you get a staryu?? i know where they're found (i eventually got the hang of that weird pokedex), but all my old rod picks up anywhere between pallet town and vermilion city is lv.5 magikarps, and i already bought one of those.

You need a Super Rod. XD
Magikarp is usually all that the Old Rod will pick up, so that explains it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
By the way, continuing the advice to catch Kyogre, make sure you evolve it and get a Shedinja after it learns False Swipe. That move will then also be in Shedinja's moveset, and none of Kyogre's moves can hurt it. Paralyzing it, while not as effective as putting it to sleep, doesn't require that you status it again after a few turns; if you use Shedinja, paralyzing it at the start of the battle might be a good idea. Just watch out for Rest.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
By the way, continuing the advice to catch Kyogre, make sure you evolve it and get a Shedinja after it learns False Swipe. That move will then also be in Shedinja's moveset, and none of Kyogre's moves can hurt it. Paralyzing it, while not as effective as putting it to sleep, doesn't require that you status it again after a few turns; if you use Shedinja, paralyzing it at the start of the battle might be a good idea. Just watch out for Rest.

shedinja? You don't mean Ninjask by any chance? :)

but thank you, good adive :)

Divine~Deoxys

I assume he means Shedinja. You get Shedinja when Nincada evolves into Ninjask (providing you had a spare slot in your party for it to appear in)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I have just recently obtained a Used Saphire Version. However, after I turn it on, press the "Start GBA" on my DS main menu and the game starts, this text appears

"The Internal Battery Has Run Dry, You Can Still Play Saphire Version. However, Clock Based Events Will No Longer Occur."

Is there any way to recharge the internal battery and if not what parts of Saphire will now be gone because the game no longer uses the Clock/Time setting in the game?

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
In Ruby they are quite common in Granite Cave, the cave in Dewford. They only appear in the lower floors though, not the first floor.

They aren't catchable in Sapphire, and I dunno about Emerald, sorry.

Divine~Deoxys

I can confirm the part about Emerald. I only ever saw 1 out of about 200 pokes, but they are there

Years
That's Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Ruby and Sapphire is a different story. After about a 100 hours of playing time, it basically stops all time based activities such as berries growing, special sales and such, Shoal Cave tide, people who hand out free berries, lottery tickets, the person on Pacifidlog who gives away TMs, and trainers wanting rematches. There is a simple solution to this though. You need 2 GBAs/a GBA + Gamecube and a link cable along with a copy of FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald/Coliseum or Box. With the Gamecube games, connecting the Ruby/Sapphire to it automatically fixes it. With the GBA games, you need to first turn on the FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald and have the link cable with them as 1P. Then press select + B. After the new screen loads, press A. Then, turn on the GBA with the Ruby/Sapphire in it while holding Start + Select. Now refer to the FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald for further instructions.

Does this help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Any rumours on a remake of LG/FR etc for the DSi/DS? I have a DSi and can no longer play FireRed... the only reason i bought the DSi :( So now im stuck with all the Platinum pokemon, that i have even heard of! Help! Someone tell me there is a way to either get the original pokemon on my DSi (Platinum game) or that the game is going to be re-made at some point :(
I heard a rumour it will be available as a download for the DSi shop but.... meh.
Anyone know anything?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back