• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating a new Poké Ball

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
I didn´t want to create a new topic for my question, so i guest i should post it here.

How i can make a pokeball that only catches a certain pokemon? (more specifically, i want a pokeball that can catch only 3 determinated and the others pokeball can´t)

Years
I didn´t want to create a new topic for my question, so i guest i should post it here.

How i can make a pokeball that only catches a certain pokemon? (more specifically, i want a pokeball that can catch only 3 determinated and the others pokeball can´t)

Add to PokemonBalls

Code:
BallHandlers::IsUnconditional.add(:WHATEVERBALL,proc{|ball,battle,battler|
   next true if battler.pokemon && (isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:DELCATTY) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:MUNNA) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:MUSHARNA))
   next false
})

Replace ball name and the species with what you like. Make sure to add the new ball as the next number in $BallTypes

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Do note that the code mej provided will have your new Poké Ball behave like a Master Ball for the named species (i.e. always capture). If you want it to only have a chance of capture, you'll have to use different code.

You'll also need to add code to all the other Poké Balls to make them definitely fail against the named species.

Years
Do note that the code mej provided will have your new Poké Ball behave like a Master Ball for the named species (i.e. always capture). If you want it to only have a chance of capture, you'll have to use different code.

You'll also need to add code to all the other Poké Balls to make them definitely fail against the named species.

good call, I didn't fully understand what he wanted the first time.

Replace PokemonBalls with this

Code:
module BallHandlers
  IsUnconditional=ItemHandlerHash.new
  ModifyCatchRate=ItemHandlerHash.new
  OnCatch=ItemHandlerHash.new

def self.isUnconditional?(ball,battle,battler)
    if !IsUnconditional[ball]
      return false
    end
    return IsUnconditional.trigger(ball,battle,battler)
  end

def self.modifyCatchRate(ball,catchRate,battle,battler)
    if !ModifyCatchRate[ball]
      return catchRate
    end
    return ModifyCatchRate.trigger(ball,catchRate,battle,battler)
  end

def self.onCatch(ball,battle,pokemon)
    if OnCatch[ball]
      OnCatch.trigger(ball,battle,pokemon)
    end
  end
end

def pbBallTypeToBall(balltype)
  if $BallTypes[balltype]
    ret=getID(PBItems,$BallTypes[balltype])
    return ret if ret!=0
  end
  if $BallTypes[0]
    ret=getID(PBItems,$BallTypes[0])
    return ret if ret!=0
  end
  return getID(PBItems,:POKEBALL)
end

def pbGetBallType(ball)
  ball=getID(PBItems,ball)
  for key in $BallTypes.keys
    return key if isConst?(ball,PBItems,$BallTypes[key])
  end
  return 0
end

################################

$BallTypes={
   0=>:POKEBALL,
   1=>:GREATBALL,
   2=>:SAFARIBALL,
   3=>:ULTRABALL,
   4=>:MASTERBALL,
   5=>:NETBALL,
   6=>:DIVEBALL,
   7=>:NESTBALL,
   8=>:REPEATBALL,
   9=>:TIMERBALL,
   10=>:LUXURYBALL,
   11=>:PREMIERBALL,
   12=>:DUSKBALL,
   13=>:HEALBALL,
   14=>:QUICKBALL,
   15=>:CHERISHBALL,
   16=>:FASTBALL,
   17=>:LEVELBALL,
   18=>:LUREBALL,
   19=>:HEAVYBALL,
   20=>:LOVEBALL,
   21=>:FRIENDBALL,
   22=>:MOONBALL,
   23=>:SPORTBALL,
   24=>:SPECIESBALL
}

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:POKEBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
 catchRate*=0 if  (isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species1) || isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species2) || isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species3))
next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:GREATBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
 catchRate*=0 if  (isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species1) || isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species2) || isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species3))
next (catchRate*3/2).floor
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:SAFARIBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:ULTRABALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   next (catchRate*2).floor
})

BallHandlers::IsUnconditional.add(:MASTERBALL,proc{|ball,battle,battler|
   next true
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:NETBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate*=3 if battler.pbHasType?(:BUG) || battler.pbHasType?(:WATER)
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:DIVEBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate=(catchRate*7/2).floor if battle.environment==PBEnvironment::Underwater
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:NESTBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   if battler.level<=30
     catchRate*=(40-battler.level)/10
   end
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:REPEATBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate*=3 if battle.pbPlayer.owned[battler.species]
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:TIMERBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   multiplier=[1+(0.3*battle.turncount),4].min
   catchRate*=multiplier
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:DUSKBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate*=7/2 if PBDayNight.isNight?(pbGetTimeNow)
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:HEALBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
next catchRate
})
BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:HEALBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
   pokemon.heal
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:QUICKBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate*=4 if battle.turncount<=1
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:FASTBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   dexdata=pbOpenDexData
   pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,battler.species,13)
   basespeed=dexdata.fgetb
   dexdata.close
   catchRate*=4 if basespeed>=100
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:LEVELBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   pbattler=battle.battlers[0].level
   pbattler=battle.battlers[2].level if battle.battlers[2] &&
                                        battle.battlers[2].level>pbattler
   if pbattler>=battler.level*4
     catchRate*=8
   elsif pbattler>=battler.level*2
     catchRate*=4
   elsif pbattler>battler.level
     catchRate*=2
   end
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:LUREBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   catchRate*=3 if $PokemonTemp.encounterType==EncounterTypes::OldRod ||
                   $PokemonTemp.encounterType==EncounterTypes::GoodRod ||
                   $PokemonTemp.encounterType==EncounterTypes::SuperRod
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:HEAVYBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   weight=battler.weight
   if weight>4000
     catchRate+=40
   elsif weight>3000
     catchRate+=30
   elsif weight>=2050
     catchRate+=20
   else
     catchRate-=20
   end
   catchRate=[catchRate,1].max
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:LOVEBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   pbattler=battle.battlers[0]
   pbattler2=battle.battlers[2] if battle.battlers[2]
   if pbattler.species==battler.species &&
      ((battler.gender==0 && pbattler.gender==1) ||
      (battler.gender==1 && pbattler.gender==0))
     catchRate*=8
   elsif pbattler2 && pbattler2.species==battler.species &&
      ((battler.gender==0 && pbattler2.gender==1) ||
       (battler.gender==1 && pbattler2.gender==0))
     catchRate*=8
   end
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:FRIENDBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:FRIENDBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
   pokemon.happiness=200
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:MOONBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
   if isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDORANfE) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDORINA) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDOQUEEN) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDORANmA) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDORINO) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:NIDOKING) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:CLEFFA) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:CLEFAIRY) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:CLEFABLE) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:IGGLYBUFF) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:JIGGLYPUFF) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:WIGGLYTUFF) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:SKITTY) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:DELCATTY) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:MUNNA) ||
      isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:MUSHARNA)
     catchRate*=4
   end
   next catchRate
})

BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:SPORTBALL,proc{|ball,catchRate,battle,battler|
})
BallHandlers::ModifyCatchRate.add(:SPECIESBALL,proc{|ball,battle,battler|
 catchRate*=0 if  (!isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species1) || !isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species2) || !isConst?(battler.species,PBSpecies,:Species3))    
next catchRate
})

And change all instances of "Species1", "Species2", and "Species3" to your desired species.
Note that I left masterball unchanged, you can change that if you wish.

Edit: Also note that the SPECIESBALL I put has the catch rate of a Pokeball if the species condition is met. This code is not guaranteed to work as I am not completely sure of the effect of catchRate being 0,since there aren't previous examples and I've never tried it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the code, by now i can´t test it, but when i can i will edit this message to say if it worked or not.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
Well not completely, the pokeballs don´t catch the pokémon i choose, but the species can´t be catched either with the masterball or speciesball :/

However i still trying to get the rigth code.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
this code actually still works in 20.1, but it needs a tiny tweak.
Code:
Battle::PokeBallEffects::IsUnconditional.add(:SHINEBALL,proc{|ball,battle,battler|
   next true if battler.pokemon && battler.pokemon.shiny?
   next false
})
is the code that I used. also, no longer need to define the Ball Type, as that's done automatically.
hope this helps someone out there ^^

Back