• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
'sup guys. I know we don't normally ~do~ straight-up topic changes here but this is forum-related so it's fine by me lol. Anyway, we're making two new emblems for OC&D; one for being crazy in the DCC and the other for being crazy in debates. We have the images sorted but not the names. Suggestions, please!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
How about:

Debate Guru for the debates emblem

DDC Waffle for the DCC emblem.

I know they are awful XD

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It would probably help us making up names, if we could see the images.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Name comes before image. o_O Isn't that the usual way to do it? That's what I do anyway...

Years
For the DCC, I was thinking Chit-Chatot

and for the debates, I was thinking Nifty Politician

I think that Chit-Chatot is pretty suitable since it has chit-chat and Chatot which is a Pokemon that chats...so yeah xD

Nifty Politician since politicians debate :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But Chatot is the one for the PG DCC, so it might be mixed up. >_o I don't blame you for not knowing that though.

Years
Hmm...emblems for the VG forum maybe ideal since it would probably raise activity slightly. Maybe one for the main forum and something to recognize LP'ers or something of the sort. Games are very popular it's just a shame the forum isn't that much :(

New Quest: Increase activity within the Video Games forum
Reward: Increase in Will's(Captian Fabio's) happiness!

Reactions: Cid

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love the VG forum! :3 It should be more active though, I try to post there as much as possible but I don't really...like playing games with other people so I don't do online games. It's kind of hard to play games with other people as a girl, lol.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I know I'll never win myself a Debate Emblem, because I always lose on a debate as the people I agrue against make better points than me, meaning they're right and I'm wrong.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Am I the only one that likes being wrong? It's nice to learn that there are more points, and that I either have to tweak my views to refute those points or give in and accept they're right. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't bother debating much. I'm generally not knowledgeable about things people here debate over. T:

The old forum I used never had real debates. Probably because anything that's genuinely debatable (i.e. religion, marijuana legalization, etc.) is considered to be too "sensitive" of a topic and/or "inappropriate".

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I hate debating, Im simply no good at it and really getting a point across, Ive always had trouble with that. I end up frustating myself everytime.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
DCC Inmate if you're really going for a crazy theme???

And lol, I'm a terrible debater; snide and snarky comments are how I get my points across lmao

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Am I the only one that likes being wrong? It's nice to learn that there are more points, and that I either have to tweak my views to refute those points or give in and accept they're right. :)

The latter is what I fear the most, because it could harm the quality of a product the debate is surrounding on (i.e. Pokemon).

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
The only time you can be wrong is if you're arguing against a fact. There is no right and wrong in opinion. I agree with you though. I like to see things from other side of the coin and have it alter my interpretation of the subject at hand.

I only take part in debate threads if I feel the need to say something that hasn't already been said. If nothing has been said then I'm more than happy to be the first to voice my opinion if the topic interests me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I will only usually post in Debate threads if I know about the subject really or I feel what I have to say is relevant, I dont really like to get involved in political discussions much.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm not really a good debater so i refrain from posting in the debate threads and talking about politics is just...*points gun to head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back