• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Conquest!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've got the Thunder, Fire & Water Stones so I do have the option but I'm trying to last out till higher stats to get Leafeon/Glaceon or Umbreon/Espeon.
Yeah, that's pretty good strategy, but you need to work hard... because you need at least 70% link with Eevee to get either of them :/ (Espeon/Umbreon is required and the others are because of stats that are got at 70% link and bigger =))

blue

gucci
Years

Yeah, that's pretty good strategy, but you need to work hard... because you need at least 70% link with Eevee to get either of them :/ (Espeon/Umbreon is required and the others are because of stats that are got at 70% link and bigger =))

I know I only recently found that out but I think the link is something like 60.32% so almost there! ^^

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
just orderd it of amazon
cannot belive how awsome everyone says it is
cannot belive i didn't order it earlier

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
This game jus suffers from really bad interface and repetitive gameplay. It's annoying how you can't check the Warriors preferred type of Pokemon without digging through a bunch of screens. All I can say is that I finished the main story and one of the campaigns and I already have had enough.

Mystery Dungeon is still the king of Pokemon spin-offs for me.

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
Years
It doesn't matter since you can only link with one Eevee...
But you are pretty lucky if you found Eevee swarm o.O I haven't found any Eevee swarms beside the one I made by using Password.

I've only done the Password one. I just call it a "swarm" because it's basically like the Pokémon swarms in the main series.

At any rate I finally got the evolution stones to get Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon, but I think I'll keep my main Eevee (the one my player character uses) as is for now because I've read if you wait till you get to Nixtorm, where you can make it evolve into Glaceon, that will help a TON with the final battle against Nobunaga. (Probably because that's the Dragon-type kingdom, and Dragon-types are weak to Ice).

@WillPowerPedro: I don't believe Conquest shares some similarities with Ranger... Yeah, there are some. Like you have limited amount of Pokémon you can have with you but in contrast to Ranger you can actually level your Pokémon and make them stronger.
And not only Pokémon but also people can join. =)
I really think you should give it a chance :)

The strongest similarity Conquest has to Ranger is in the Links; this is very similar to the "befriend-rather-than-catch" method of getting Pokémon in Ranger. Also, there is the Pokémon limit as you said, though technically that is in the main series too; however, the prompt to let a Pokémon go if you have too many is just like Ranger. Also the gameplay is similar in Conquest to Shadows of Almia in that you have a main storyline with missions to perform, but what you do with the rest of your time is up to you.

You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.

Actually only Warlords can evolve. Normal Warriors can't. Oichi is the exception to this; she's a Warrior but counts as a Warlord for some weird reason, though she only has 2 levels like most of the Warlords (only the Hero and Hideyoshi get 3 levels), so once she evolves to Level 2, she doesn't evolve any more.

As for the conditions, they're basically the same for every Warlord: reach a certain link percentage with their Perfect Link Pokémon or one of its evolutions. The one exception to this is the Hero - in order to reach Level 3, the Hero must link with all the Eeveelutions.

I've attached the walkthrough I talked about as it currently stands to this post. Could someone please read it and tell me if it makes sense? I've never written a game walkthrough before.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
At any rate I finally got the evolution stones to get Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon, but I think I'll keep my main Eevee (the one my player character uses) as is for now because I've read if you wait till you get to Nixtorm, where you can make it evolve into Glaceon, that will help a TON with the final battle against Nobunaga. (Probably because that's the Dragon-type kingdom, and Dragon-types are weak to Ice).

Actually only Warlords can evolve. Normal Warriors can't. Oichi is the exception to this; she's a Warrior but counts as a Warlord for some weird reason, though she only has 2 levels like most of the Warlords (only the Hero and Hideyoshi get 3 levels), so once she evolves to Level 2, she doesn't evolve any more.

As for the conditions, they're basically the same for every Warlord: reach a certain link percentage with their Perfect Link Pokémon or one of its evolutions. The one exception to this is the Hero - in order to reach Level 3, the Hero must link with all the Eeveelutions.
You do realize, I have already beaten the game (main story 2 times =D) and know all this, right? =D

And no, you are wrong in your second statement. ;) Your first is absolutely correct, because as I mentioned in the second Conquest thread, Glaceon is the most useful Eeveelution.

And now about the second statement. There's only 17 warlords but the number of "people" able to evolve is higher ;) And those who are able to evolve are reffered as Junior Warriors so you weren't exactly correct when you said warriors cannot evolve ;)

Now onto the conditions to evolve. You are wrong once again. It IS the most important to get special link with special Pokémon but if you focus only on that, you will not be able to evolve some of them ;)
Because you need to pay attention what they actually need.
If you e.g. try to evolve Hanbei without Kanbei present you can try as hard as you want and it will be impossible.

And the last mistake, Hero's Level 3 requirement. All you need is 80% with ANY of the Eeveelutions. You don't even need to have link with all the Eeveelutions. I've gotten Flareon (the last one) in the second gameplay of Hero's episode where I was level 3 with Arceus.

As for the walkthrough, it seems it's not complete yet and it's more like your gameplay than a actual walkthrough but that's not what I wanted to say...
What's your team? You seem to have real troubles with the game o.O
Year 3 and you still did not finish Nobunaga?

By the way, I don't think you need to beat Nobunaga in 4 years to get access to special episodes o.O Where did you get such a misleading info?

Last edited:

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
Years

You do realize, I have already beaten the game (main story 2 times =D) and know all this, right? =D

And no, you are wrong in your second statement. ;) Your first is absolutely correct, because as I mentioned in the second Conquest thread, Glaceon is the most useful Eeveelution.

And now about the second statement. There's only 17 warlords but the number of "people" able to evolve is higher ;) And those who are able to evolve are reffered as Junior Warriors so you weren't exactly correct when you said warriors cannot evolve ;)

I realized after I posted this that I was actually wrong. There are other Warriors that can evolve. You are absolutely right.
Now onto the conditions to evolve. You are wrong once again. It IS the most important to get special link with special Pokémon but if you focus only on that, you will not be able to evolve some of them ;)
Because you need to pay attention what they actually need.
If you e.g. try to evolve Hanbei without Kanbei present you can try as hard as you want and it will be impossible.

Yeah some of them do need to have their stats at a certain level or something. And Warriors can often link with Pokémon you wouldn't expect they could, like this one Ground-type Warrior (Go, the lady with the Sandile) kept linking with Magikarps, which I kept rejecting because (1) I already had a Warrior with a Magikarp and (2) Magikarp is pretty useless in this game. Yes, I know you can evolve it and have it become much more powerful, but I'm not really fond of taking Magikarp into battle in this game because it can't do anything useful.
And the last mistake, Hero's Level 3 requirement. All you need is 80% with ANY of the Eeveelutions. You don't even need to have link with all the Eeveelutions. I've gotten Flareon (the last one) in the second gameplay of Hero's episode where I was level 3 with Arceus.

Whoops, I read that somewhere (I forget where) and I guess they must've had it wrong. It turns out that you just have to get 80% with Eevee or one of the Eeveelutions, as you said.
As for the walkthrough, it seems it's not complete yet and it's more like your gameplay than a actual walkthrough but that's not what I wanted to say...
What's your team? You seem to have real troubles with the game o.O
Year 3 and you still did not finish Nobunaga?

Yeah...:nervous: *sweatdrop* It's like I said, I've never written a walkthrough before, and since this game is more open-ended plot-wise than say, the main series games, I was unsure how to approach it.

I spent a lot of months doing password events and training up my army. I've also had a lot of trouble with some kingdoms - Pugilis, Yaksha, and Avia in particular - resulting in them taking several months to defeat. So I think that's why it's taken so long. It might also have to do with the fact that when I play the main games I mostly spend a lot of time level-grinding.

You think what you've read is bad? I'm halfway through year FIVE now. But at least I got to where you unlock the last three kingdoms before Nobunaga.
By the way, I don't think you need to beat Nobunaga in 4 years to get access to special episodes o.O Where did you get such a misleading info?

I read that here: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/episodes.shtml. On there, for Mitsuhide and Motochika's events, it says this under "Clear Conditions": "Defeat Nobunaga's Army before January 4th (In-Game Time)." So I took that to mean that you must beat Nobunaga by January, Year 4. But then Serebii's guide was originally made based off the Japanese version of the game, so maybe the English version's different?

At first, I thought there were a lot more episodes that required that condition but it turns out it's just those two.

Raynestorm

Original Trainer
Years
You can link with multiple Eevee's, albiet not in one swarm event. Before i beat main story my hero had a Flareon, Jolteon, and an Eevee. and all were eevees at same time

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah some of them do need to have their stats at a certain level or something. And Warriors can often link with Pokémon you wouldn't expect they could, like this one Ground-type Warrior (Go, the lady with the Sandile) kept linking with Magikarps, which I kept rejecting because (1) I already had a Warrior with a Magikarp and (2) Magikarp is pretty useless in this game. Yes, I know you can evolve it and have it become much more powerful, but I'm not really fond of taking Magikarp into battle in this game because it can't do anything useful.
Yeah... Magikarp is most useless Pokémon in game.

Yeah...:nervous: *sweatdrop* It's like I said, I've never written a walkthrough before, and since this game is more open-ended plot-wise than say, the main series games, I was unsure how to approach it.

I spent a lot of months doing password events and training up my army. I've also had a lot of trouble with some kingdoms - Pugilis, Yaksha, and Avia in particular - resulting in them taking several months to defeat. So I think that's why it's taken so long. It might also have to do with the fact that when I play the main games I mostly spend a lot of time level-grinding.

You think what you've read is bad? I'm halfway through year FIVE now. But at least I got to where you unlock the last three kingdoms before Nobunaga.
[/COLOR][/FONT]
I don't think it's bad. I believe it's just too detailed for walkthrough of this kind =) I think Conquest walkthrough just needs what Pokémon you battle against and what kind of winning condition each kindgom has =)
Maybe specific feature of each kingdom =)
Or maybe what Pokémon can be used =)

I read that here: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/episodes.shtml. On there, for Mitsuhide and Motochika's events, it says this under "Clear Conditions": "Defeat Nobunaga's Army before January 4th (In-Game Time)." So I took that to mean that you must beat Nobunaga by January, Year 4. But then Serebii's guide was originally made based off the Japanese version of the game, so maybe the English version's different?

At first, I thought there were a lot more episodes that required that condition but it turns out it's just those two.

So it's this common mistake =)
Yes. This is pretty common mistake, there's no difference between Japanese and English versions (beside the fact that Japanese version had full names of characters).
Beating Nobunaga in 4 years is only winning condition of those 2 episodes.
You can play the main story as long as you need =)

You can link with multiple Eevee's, albiet not in one swarm event. Before i beat main story my hero had a Flareon, Jolteon, and an Eevee. and all were eevees at same time
Of course... that's the point. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to find Perfect Link for hero.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Years
I was absolutely addicted this game right from the start and played it from start to finish in 3 days. The game took me about 8 hours to complete. Overall I really like what this game brought to the table and I am hoping for a sequel. And if a third Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game doesn't see the light, then I'm fine with it. Why? Because I enjoyed this game more than the first game of that series (Not the second, but moving on). I say this game deserves a buy for sure and I don't think it's a big deal it wasn't released for the 3DS. Why? Because I don't play my games in 3D. This game gets a 9/10 for me just for the fact that I didn't like it's replay value. But the story, gameplay, and overall presentation was great!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Absolutely adoring this game! It's Pokémon, but it's different. It requires strategy and intelligence to an extent, both involving Pokémon knowledge and common sense. It's just so much fun!

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
i super like that game
i am addicted to it from start nd it is one of the best pokemon games i ever play
the evolution of players with pokemon is coolest

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I absolutely loved the game and got it a few days after release day. The gameplay as well as the concept was totally addicting. I made sure to recruit all my favorite pokemon!

I have a question for those who have beaten the game tho --v

*SPOILER*
Spoiler:

Years
I love Final Fantasy Tactics series, and this is no different. I do wish there was wifi battles or something.....

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
Pokemon conquest for some odd reason didn't grab my attention. I do think it has potential for later pokemon mmorpg's, though !

Back