• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Party & Member recruitment

Years
Hi dear Community,

I'm Xero3 and I love to play video games especially with friends. Some of my favorite multiplayer games are the one's from the Mario PartyTM series. Unfortunately the gameplay drastically changed to the bad from Mario Party 9TM until now.

I wish to resurrect the beloved gameplay, but instead of just making a Mario PartyTM clone I decided to make something different: PokemonTM Party! This game contains a wonderful mix of the Mario PartyTMseries and the PokémonTMseries.

This fangame is developed in the Unreal Engine 4TM and is supposed to release on PC, Mac and Linux. A release date is not known yet. (And yes, there will be demos).

In 7 individual gameboards, you play as 1 of 6 playable characters. The goal is to get as many stars as possible. Stars are located at different places of the board, but only on 1 place at the time (once a player get a star, another star will appear but on another place). Stars cost 20 PD (Pokédollar). PD can be obtained by winning minigames, which take place after each round. PD can also be spend in shops, where you can buy useful items.

Story

Jirachi's biggest wish is that everyone is enjoying games with their friends, but not everyone shares the same opinion. There are Pokemon who hate the happiness, so they are going to disturb the partys, so that there can't be any more partys. Can you defeat those troublemaker's and restore peace?

Features
- 6 playable characters
- 7 boards
- Story Mode
- Online Mode
- Hubworld with different missions

[S-HIGHLIGHT]WE NEED YOU[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

We are an incomplete as for now and we need some motivated people to help us developing this game. Please note that this is a fangame and it will be a non-profit project and it will be a free-to-download software with a non financial background. All Rights belong to Nintendo Co. LTD, GameFreak Inc., Creatures Inc., The Pokémon Company Inc. and Epic Games.
For this reason we can't provide you a salary. It is a 100% volountary project.

Programmer
- Create rules to the minigames and make them playable
- Create the turnbased system known from the Mario Party 1-8TM series
- Create the Online Mode
- Create AI
- Create certain missions in the Hubworld
- Help out with the dialogue system

Detailed job description: http://www.indiedb.com/jobs/programmers-for-a-turnbased-game-like-mario-party#jobsform

Animation Modeller
- Create movements and animations for the playable characters, so that they suit to each minigame
- Create movements and animations for the Bosses
- Create animations for the NPCs

Detailed job description: http://www.indiedb.com/jobs/animation-modeller#jobsform

How to apply: Per PM or at my e-mail adress -> [email protected]

Screenshots

Homepage

Also visit our homepage: http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-party

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Rights belong to Nintendo Co. LTD, GameFreak Inc., Creatures Inc, ThePokémonCompany Inc. and Epic Games

Last edited:
Back