• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA Intro Manager

Years
It seems like I've ran into a problem after editing the pokemon with the Professor, and start position. It keeps loping on the screen before the music starts and the Game Freak logo is shown. I'm using Emerald as my base. Any idea what may be going on? This is a very simple and easy tool, but so simple that I probably broke something haha.

Years
It seems like I've ran into a problem after editing the pokemon with the Professor, and start position. It keeps loping on the screen before the music starts and the Game Freak logo is shown. I'm using Emerald as my base. Any idea what may be going on? This is a very simple and easy tool, but so simple that I probably broke something haha.

Yeah, this happened to me, too, after I've edited the starting point, and I'm pretty sure that I did it correctly.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
How do you exactly do this? I'm adding gen IV Pokémon and I want the prof to show Starly.
You can use the Gen III Hacking Suite by karatekid552. to Expand your Pokémon
I'm using that already, but I mean making it compatible with the Intro Manager.
You can try what Dionen did here:
I wanted to change the Professor Intro Pokemon, but all options from the list were blank. Then I changed "PokemonNames", "PokemonImageTable" and "PokemonPaletteTable" according to GenIII .ini and everything worked fine. I was not sure of what I was doing but it turned out well.
If that doesn't work, let me know.
Nice!
Very nice tool. Keep it up Bro
Thank you!
Yeah, this happened to me, too, after I've edited the starting point, and I'm pretty sure that I did it correctly.
That's odd. BlazikenXY, are you also using Emerald? If you don't mind, could you both please send me patches of your hacks in a PM from after using my tool? Thanks!

Years
Why don't you just try it on a clean Emerald ROM? Try changing the starting point.

EDIT: There, I tried it on a clean Emerald ROM, and the issue happens after I've edited the starting point.

Sierraffinity

Years
Why don't you just try it on a clean Emerald ROM? Try changing the starting point.

EDIT: There, I tried it on a clean Emerald ROM, and the issue happens after I've edited the starting point.
Well, don't I feel stupid now. I could have sworn I tried it out after you said it the first time and it worked, but I just tried it again and it crashed just like you'd said. I found the mistake (a two instead of a four) and fixed it! You can download the fixed version from the first post. However, you'll need to either restore from a backup made before using my tool or alternatively, copy 0x1C bytes from 0x84452 in a clean Emerald ROM and paste it over the same place in your ROM before using the tool again.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hi, I expanded the number of pokemon in my rom, so I wanted to know if it's possible to expand the number of pokemon seen by your tool ....It would help me to show a new pokemon instead of the old ones....

Sierraffinity

Years
Hi, I expanded the number of pokemon in my rom, so I wanted to know if it's possible to expand the number of pokemon seen by your tool ....It would help me to show a new pokemon instead of the old ones....
Just edit the INI file that comes with the program, find the ROM you used as a base and change the entry named NumberOfPokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
Surprised this thread only has 2 pages this is really good

2 questions though:
how do you find the offsets to change those things? idk how to go about this myself without tools

and the ini file for fire red already says 411 pokemon but in the actual intro manager it still only shows up to celebi

Edit: if this helps at all, i just noticed it does show all the pokemon cries but the pokemon at prof oak are limited

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Surprised this thread only has 2 pages this is really good

2 questions though:
how do you find the offsets to change those things? idk how to go about this myself without tools

and the ini file for fire red already says 411 pokemon but in the actual intro manager it still only shows up to celebi

Edit: if this helps at all, i just noticed it does show all the pokemon cries but the pokemon at prof oak are limited
To answer your first question: you have to know how to debug stuff within the games.
And as to your second one, read the Readme file that comes with the tool.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
Ah okay, I did see that but I thought others managed to change it for fire red. it's not a big deal anyway

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Hey guys,

I need help, I accidentally get rid of my intro. I am currently hacking Pokemon Fire Red. When the intro plays, it would only take me to the title screen but it would not load the game.

Please help,

I think I must have installed the program incorrectly because the editor does not show the pokemon names and item names properly.

Sierraffinity

Years
Hey guys,

I need help, I accidentally get rid of my intro. I am currently hacking Pokemon Fire Red. When the intro plays, it would only take me to the title screen but it would not load the game.

Please help,

I think I must have installed the program incorrectly because the editor does not show the pokemon names and item names properly.
Are you using an English ROM? What version number?

Sierraffinity

Years
Just a quick heads-up, I fixed a problem in the rival name skipper which wouldn't let you rename the rival in the overworld even if you used the routine from the pop-up. This was due to a stupid mistake in the routine I made and should be fixed now.

Also, a lot of the functionality of this tool will get merged into Awesome Map Editor which will make it even easier to customize this stuff to your liking!

Back