• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Friend Safari

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Pokémon X and Y, a new feature had been introduced to us with the name of "Friend Safari."

Friend Safari is almost like our average Safari Zone, but one, major difference is, the amount of Pokémon we are able to encounter here could be expanded more we exchange friend codes with others. A particular type is applied to each friend code, and if we add it to our list, Friend Safari Pokémon amount will be increased accordingly to the typing.

What our thoughts on this particular feature--have we found ourselves enjoying it, or not so much? If latter, why so? If we have any ideas as to how they might be able to improve Friend Safari, generally, what are they? How would they work, to be exact?

Let's be as creative as we possibly can, everyone!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
In Pokémon X and Y, a new feature had been introduced to us with the name of "Friend Safari."

Friend Safari is almost like our average Safari Zone, but one, major difference is, the amount of Pokémon we are able to encounter here could be expanded more we exchange friend codes with others. A particular type is applied to each friend code, and if we add it to our list, Friend Safari Pokémon amount will be increased accordingly to the typing.

What our thoughts on this particular feature--have we found ourselves enjoying it, or not so much? If latter, why so? If we have any ideas as to how they might be able to improve Friend Safari, generally, what are they? How would they work, to be exact?

Let's be as creative as we possibly can, everyone!

I love this feature because I believe it unites us as a community and allows us be more social within the community and to make new friends and along the way fill up the pokedex.

The only thing I would suggest to change it is to allow people to have more than 3 pokemon available in there said grouping.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I enjoyed it a bit, because it ties on how many friends that is registered in the 3DS, and there is some chance where you can catch Hidden Ability Pokémon as well when the user which is tied with the Friend Safari you're in is online.

Years
I thought it was a cool feature being able to get different things based on who you had in your 3DS' list. Even moreso since it comes with Hidden Abilities some of the time. But I can see why others aren't as fond of it...

Years
The original safari zones were nice but this feature was amazing in so many ways. Guaranteed two perfect IVs, boosted shiny rates, Pokemon with hidden abilities.. perfect for breeders like myself. I've found so many great Pokemon there that I've used for breeding as well as a few shinies which I've either given away or kept to myself for collecting. :)

Years
I do admit this feature was great, even if I was never able to utilize it. Having access to Pokemon with hidden abilities and two guaranteed 31 IVs made the feature a godsend for competitive players, and having different Pokemon based on each individual player was a nice way to get people to connect and add as many different safaris as possible.

The major flaw I want to point out is having to get someone to find out your Pokemon for you, and given my wi-fi never successfully connects it's a huge detriment to the unfortunate ones like me.

Back