• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphic Contest.. Don't miss the Graphic Showdown of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
GetTogetherLogo.png

graphiccontest.png

Welcome to the Graphics Event, this event was organized by, Mew Ichigo, Anastasia-R and Angela.. With help from our judges, Loki and Lightning and thanks to our Staff host Rukario and our 3rd judge Signomi, and extra thanks to Anastasia for providing the first post with these, beautiful, amazing banners.

Well as you can see on top, this is a Graphity contest, in other words, a banner making contest. To enter you must follow the theme given and the size set for the banner's, but this isn't just a normal banner making contest were you enter just one banner and have a week to make it.. Nono that's not the case.. In this contest you get 48 hours to make 4 banners, and if you are gonna enter that contest you must turn in 4 banners that follow the rules of this contest and the banners you enter must have been made within these 48 hours your given and you must make those banners by yourself, stealing other peoples work is punishable by PC rules and you will get disqualified if you break the rules....

Saturday, 11:59PM → submission deadline
Sunday → judging and winner announcements

darules.png

Follow all PC Rules
Follow all G&P Rules
No poor sportsmanship

To enter this contest you must enter 4 banners, but what has to be on these banners, well were are about to find out...

All the banners must be this size: 370x150
First off you pick an anime that you will use on all the 4 banners, if you pick Bleach, then you must use bleach on all the banners. But using an anime is not enough, each banner will have it's own theme, and these are the 4 themes:
angerj.png

lovet.png

hopen.png

deathl.png

If you do not follow the rules above and the theme's given then your entry won't be entered into the contest.....

judgment.png

Ones the 48 hours are over the three judges, Loki, Signomi and Lightning will look at all the entry's and pick they're favorite entry's.. Giving the entry they like the most 3 points, then the entry they like 2nd best 2 points and the entry they like 3rd best 1 point... After they have compared notes the entry that got the most point will be the winner of this competition.. And win the award..

awardsu.png

1st place is the only place that gets a prize.. The award is your very own sticky in the Graphics & Photography section for one month and the winning entry will be posted in an announcement in the Graphic & Photography section for everyone to see....But the top three contestants do get a emblem...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hmm, a challenge in something I like to do. Let me get started on these four banners following the four themes and I'll be back to post up my entry.

.....Sounds fun and I'm definitely interested. The only question I have for myself is what anime? Hmm. I've decided to do the anime Soul Eater.

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Hmm, sound good, although I really don't like the one anime idea, I have lots of renders that are perfect for each theme, but they are not from the same anime, don't like that, but oh well. =/ Might enter, might not.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I may enter, depends if I can make the images on time. If I do enter, I'll be using Code Geass.

Years
I might enter, but the only thing i'm wondering that are we able to pick an anime someone has already chosen? x:

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Okay, I've made my banners. Here they are!

As I said, they are made with images from Code Geass.
All four are put together in Photoshop Elements 6.0.
Total time taken: About half an hour (30 minutes)

Anger: Lelouch
Lelouch-Anger.png

http://weare.clickpopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/code-geass-25-large-35.jpg

Love: Euphy and Suzaku
EuphySuzaku-Love.png

http://media.photobucket.com/image/euphy%20suzaku/Defne4/Code%20Geass/Suzaku%20x%20Euphie/sy32.gif

Hope: Nunnally
Nunnally-Hope.png

http://thebloggersden.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/nunally.jpg

Death: Shirley
Shirley-Death.png

http://paralleled.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/shirley_dead.jpg
AND
http://randomc.animeblogger.net:8000/image/CODE GEASS/CODE GEASS R2 - 13 - Large 34.jpg

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Um... k... ugh anime. @_@ I barely even know any. Okay then I pick whatever anime the Miku girl is from lol. Making my banners noww~

Edit: k, there are like no angry pictures of this girl ;____;

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Um... k... ugh anime. @_@ I barely even know any. Okay then I pick whatever anime the Miku girl is from lol. Making my banners noww~

Edit: k, there are like no angry pictures of this girl ;____;

Why not just use Pokemon then? It is Anime after all.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Actually, now that I look around, the four different ones, same anime is fine. xD
Thinking of using The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, but if I can't find Death, then I won't be using it. =/

Years
Actually, now that I look around, the four different ones, same anime is fine. xD
Thinking of using The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, but if I can't find Death, then I won't be using it. =/

LULZ. I was gonna do that too. but I couldn't find death.
I'm ended up doing Bleach. >__>

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Forgot to mention one thing... What time zone is this? I mean like I was thinking of doing it tomorrow, but I'm not sure if the ending is actually today or two days after, answering this would be a help. =/

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Forgot to mention one thing... What time zone is this? I mean like I was thinking of doing it tomorrow, but I'm not sure if the ending is actually today or two days after, answering this would be a help. =/

I believe it is Eastern time zone.

And can someone tell me what they think of my banners? I've never really used many effects on banners before and I'd like peoples' opinions...

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I believe it is Eastern time zone.

And can someone tell me what they think of my banners? I've never really used many effects on banners before and I'd like peoples' opinions...

Thanks, I hope it is, because then i'll have more time than I thought. xD
Angela come online to confirm it! =|

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
Thanks, I hope it is, because then i'll have more time than I thought. xD
Angela come online to confirm it! =|

To be honest.. I overslept... This is the time zone Erica is in.. (Lightning) :D

So you have over 26 hours I think... Good job everyone.. And yes you can pick a anime if someone else has picked it.. :D

Harris.. Nice job including Ana's banners.. ;)

Michan.. I think they look good.. But they need something to spark them up.. I would suggest stronger colours...

Years
Well i'm not very good at graphics. I used the Anime Bleach.
I'd like some C+C too plz. :3
Anger:
dvr0x1.png

Love:
35bvacw.png

Hope:
29aqte8.png

Death:
33oh8hx.png

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
Years

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. No one said someone could just steal my work and paste it on banners. O..o;

Oh... Sorry... VI guy's... Don't use Ana's banners... It just occurred to me that they are pre-made and it's stealing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back