• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn .... Beast ?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Is Hoenn Beast ?

What do you think about Hoenn ?? Personally, i think it was the best region. I don't know why, but i think it was just great !!!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's my favorite region and I never really get bored of it, but umm...did you accidentally put beast into the title? XD; I'll edit it for you if you meant best. But yeah, Hoenn is my favorite region, and RSE are my favorite games. I've beaten them countless times.

Echidna

Years
Hoenn is the best, and no, i meant BEAST.

Beast stands for best where i live, :lol: .

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
dude you said it.. hoenn is BEAST.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Best region with the best generation of Pokémon. Of course this is just one opinion, but you said it best. Hoenn is beast. I've replayed Ruby countless times and I never seemed to get tired of it. It's one game I would put a lot of focus on and not have it stalling for days until I pick it up again.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Hoeen is by far the best region because of the sheer variety it has. It also has some of the most creative and diverse towns/cities in a Pokemon game. (Fortree and Pacifidlog come into mind)

Echidna

Years
hahaha, nice to know everyone loves hoenn as much as i do !! It is by far the best. The geography is awesome, the gym leaders are the best ever to exist, and probably the reason to make it most loved is that the third generation brought the most upgrades in pokemon gaming systems ever, specifically double battles and awesome graphics.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh yeah, definitely the toughest gym leaders and Elite Four also. I remember having trouble with ALL of them my first time around. Sometimes they still give me trouble, even after playing RS for 8 years. Also, I never seem to be over level for the E4 in that game, no matter how hard I try. Other games, I'm usually wayyy over level for them.

Echidna

Years
hahaha, nicely said, same goes for me, I've never lost to the E4 in any pokemon game, except in Emerald and Ruby. Hahaha, them being strong makes the games very 'realistic', which is the best aspect a pokemon game, and any other game for that matter, can have.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hoenn is my favorite region, and I have really good memories of when I first played it, in terms of how fun it was. I've yet to feel the same with any other Pokemon game. Though, Unova is a close second, and technically it's my favorite in terms of the Pokemon themselves. Still, Hoenn will always be #1 to me, I believe.

So, I agree, Hoenn is pretty beast. XD

-really hoping for remakes-

I have a friend who hates Hoenn, because he was sooo annoyed at all the water in the region.

I barely even remember all the water, to be honest. It didn't bug me.

Echidna

Years
Yeah i'm hoping for Remakes too, i guess all Hoenn fans are. I can only try to imagine hoe Sootopolis would look like in BW graphics, and how Rustburu would have Hiunn City.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hoenn is probably my favourite region to be honest, although it has competition with Sinnoh. :3

I enjoy everything about it. :D IMO the gym's weren't that hard for me, well Wallace, Juan and Brawly were but that was it. ;) The E4 was difficult though, I remember having huge problems with Steven in R/S. :( However Wallace was a lot easier for me than an E4 Member than a Gym Leader.

I love it because of the storyline mainly, and a lot of the character's are better than previous/future generations, Archie & Maxie > any other evil team. >:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
So, I'm guessing you're from England? *Beast=Good*
But yeah, I love Hoenn, Emerald was the first game I played seriously, I mean, I had goes on my cousins Yellow and Gold, (Of which the Yellow I now have Inherited (He couldn't bear to give up Gold :3)) but Emerald was the first one I owned completely, did all on my own, etc, etc.
The only bad memory I have is accidentally deleting my whole game because I was saving on low battery. T_T. My Blaziken, I still remember my memories with it, all the way up to Wallace, where it happened.
Anyway, I can't wait until they might remake it.
Greatness in full!

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I agree, Hoenn is the best region ever aside from Kanto IMO. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are the Pokemon games I enjoy most of the time.

One annoying thing about Ruby and Sapphire is there are certain Gym Leaders I have trouble with, such as Norman with two Slakings (one in Emerald) and a Vigoroth. Those suckers are OP, especially if you Paralyze or Poison them since they have been taught Facade by Norman. Luckily, both of them are restricted by their Traunt ability from one turn each turn they make a move.

Overall: Nice feature, nice storyline, enhanced gameplay, solid graphics, and awesome fun!

marcc5m

what
Years
Yes, Hoenn is proper well beast.
Lol dialect.
Sapphire was the first mainstream Pokemon game I had, and I also got Ruby. I never had Emerald, until my Mum and Dad banned me from Pokemon because apparently I was too obsessed, I started playing it in secret and my Sister gave me her Emerald. She wanted it back though when she found out I had almost completed it, but by that time my Mum and Dad knew and said she could have it back once I was finished. Tbh the Hoenn games are the only ones I can play about a billion times and not get bored. Really hoping for a remake.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
hoenn was the best!!!!!never got bored.your own clubhouses great pokemon what more could you want in a pokemon game.[except for pokemon following you around vio heartgold soulsilver XD]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wait the slang meaning of "beast" is British? I never knew. It's very common here. /Minnesotan

Anyway, yes, Hoenn is beast. Lovely Pokemon, nice region, natural feel, I loved the water, and the rather ugly trees added to its charm. xD

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
LOL. Beast.

I haven't heard that word since last year. My school uses "raw" now xD

silly word fads ~

anyway, yea, it's really "beast" XD XD

Echidna

Years
So, I'm guessing you're from England? *Beast=Good*
But yeah, I love Hoenn, Emerald was the first game I played seriously, I mean, I had goes on my cousins Yellow and Gold, (Of which the Yellow I now have Inherited (He couldn't bear to give up Gold :3)) but Emerald was the first one I owned completely, did all on my own, etc, etc.
The only bad memory I have is accidentally deleting my whole game because I was saving on low battery. T_T. My Blaziken, I still remember my memories with it, all the way up to Wallace, where it happened.
Anyway, I can't wait until they might remake it.
Greatness in full!

Uhhmm, no !! I'm from Ohio,US. Parma to be exact. 1207 Parkleigh Drive. lol. Its very common around these parts. Beast=Best. We'd be like yelling Hitler's Beast 'the navy Seals are beast !!'.

LOL. Beast.

I haven't heard that word since last year. My school uses "raw" now xD

silly word fads ~

anyway, yea, it's really "beast" XD XD

Uhhmm, well i left the states a few years back, so i wouldn't know, unless you're from somewhere else.

Oharo

̣
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Yep. Actually, Hoenn was the last version of Pokemon I ever played, so I wouldn't really know. But I enjoyed it thoroughly, the new graphics, colours and all. The desert was totally interesting to me, and seeing completely new breeds of Pokemon just wow-ed me. The new ability system was great too. They took away the Day-Night system, which kind of had me disappointed, but I loved it nonetheless.

Back