• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Who's gonna like Iris? :P She's nothing but a bratty village girl. Amirite?

Who knows there, might be someone out there besides AK47 that actually like her.

I would

You suck, Rubs ;_;

Omg, I googled negaishipping on Google Images and some French Pokemon shipping site has my old banner with no credit to me >__> silly French people.

We already know that you would and that sucks for them not giving you credit for it.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Who knows there, might be someone out there besides AK47 that actually like her.

There are. Plenty of them. There's blindness, then there's poor taste. =P

We already know that you would and that sucks for them not giving you credit for it.

I don't think he really likes Iris. I think he's displaying her ironically on his signature. Riiight? =S

Omg, I googled negaishipping on Google Images and some French Pokemon shipping site has my old banner with no credit to me >__> silly French people.

Tell them you'll start a war, and that history is on your side. =)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Tacos vs croissants?

That the only person that likes Iris is a gun does not bode well for her XDDD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
AdvancedK47 said:
I would

You suck, Rubs ;_;

You're the exception, Gunner.

Oh yeah, I suck because I don't like someone who thinks too much of herself. -_-

Nutella said:
Tell them you'll start a war, and that history is on your side. =)

Good one. :D Yeah history doesn't always side with the French. The 17th century and early 19th century are the exceptions. [/end history lesson]

Jorah said:
That the only person that likes Iris is a gun does not bode well for her XDDD

Oh god, I cannot imagine her with one of those…that just gives the wrong idea of her.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I've seen some really dirty pics of Iris while looking for regular fanart. So yeah, I guess some people like her. This seems really gross to me, she's just a little girl ._.""".

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I've seen some really dirty pics of Iris while looking for regular fanart. So yeah, I guess some people like her. This seems really gross to me, she's just a little girl ._.""".

Nobody ever said she was 10 this time </pedo>

Oh god, I cannot imagine her with one of those…that just gives the wrong idea of her.

Iris + AK-47 shall first derive to your death, >__>

Good one. :D Yeah history doesn't always side with the French. The 17th century and early 19th century are the exceptions. [/end history lesson]

Don't get it. >__> I am not good at history.

I don't think he really likes Iris. I think he's displaying her ironically on his signature. Riiight? =S

I basically worship her. Half my drive pictures Pokemon pictures are of her.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I've seen some really dirty pics of Iris while looking for regular fanart. So yeah, I guess some people like her. This seems really gross to me, she's just a little girl

Welcome to the Internet. Seriously, lolicon and shotacon boards are everywhere~ I don't have an issue with it, but I can empathise with why people might.

Nobody ever said she was 10 this time </pedo>

She must be 18, I mean, she's so mature! LOL, but seriously, I love the old "nobody knows their age" defence. I'm assuming you were just joking around. Real paedophiles tend to try to rationalise their lusts. I adore the Striaton brothers, and various characters that are not of the legal age. Who doesn't want a lovely toy boy?~♥ I freely admit I'm an ephebophile, hawhaw~ There's nothing wrong with being a paedophile IMO, as long as you don't offend.

In short, the French are well known for losing many wars. They also get paid out for only winning wars they have strong allies in- especially the British and Americans. Out of 18 conflicts they have been involved in, they did not win 15 of them. >_< To be fair, 5 were considered ties.

But if you're interested in the details:

They've only won two wars from my knowledge- one of them being the French Revolution- LOL, which they couldn't really lose, since all major participants were French. The second is The American Revolution, in which they fought alongside angry former British citizens (now known as Americans) from small colonies that were upset with the British rule. To be fair, France really did help them.

Does WWI count? I mean, they were essentially useless without British and American assistance. I also believe they were winning under Napoleon, but I think they exiled him because he wasn't French. Some humorous quotes:

"France only wins when America does most of the fighting."
"France's armies are only victorious only when they're not led by a Frenchman."

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Iris did look slightly unusually taller in the latest dub episode, but that's just probably the artwork.

Both World Wars they didn't effectively fight well. But that's because of what the Germans did to them in the 1870s. Anyway, let's not bash the French any further.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Welcome to the Internet. Seriously, lolicon and shotacon boards are everywhere~ I don't have an issue with it, but I can empathise with why people might.

She must be 18, I mean, she's so mature! LOL, but seriously, I love the old "nobody knows their age" defence. I'm assuming you were just joking around. Real paedophiles tend to try to rationalise their lusts. I adore the Striaton brothers, and various characters that are not of the legal age. Who doesn't want a lovely toy boy?~♥ I freely admit I'm an ephebophile, hawhaw~ There's nothing wrong with being a paedophile IMO, as long as you don't offend.

In short, the French are well known for losing many wars. They also get paid out for only winning wars they have strong allies in- especially the British and Americans. Out of 18 conflicts they have been involved in, they did not win 15 of them. >_< To be fair, 5 were considered ties.

But if you're interested in the details:

They've only won two wars from my knowledge- one of them being the French Revolution- LOL, which they couldn't really lose, since all major participants were French. The second is The American Revolution, in which they fought alongside angry former British citizens (now known as Americans) from small colonies that were upset with the British rule. To be fair, France really did help them.

Does WWI count? I mean, they were essentially useless without British and American assistance. I also believe they were winning under Napoleon, but I think they exiled him because he wasn't French. Some humorous quotes:

"France only wins when America does most of the fighting."
"France's armies are only victorious only when they're not led by a Frenchman."

what does history have to do with shipping. anyway i hate war so i don't care which countries are winners and which ones are losers

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
=P And now you know how Japanese artists whose work go unaccredited in picspams feel.

I also like the French side of the fandom. <3 Especially when they do things like this, in a country that tends to protest (for good reasons). And they have good people who like shipping as much as the English fandom does (equal hit and miss). So really, making fun of the French isn't cool. =/

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
what does history have to do with shipping. anyway i hate war so i don't care which countries are winners and which ones are losers

Shipping has been apart of the Pokemon world since the startXD For some reason, shipping some times turns into Wars scarry as it is.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
=P And now you know how Japanese artists whose work go unaccredited in picspams feel.

I also like the French side of the fandom. <3 Especially when they do things like this, in a country that tends to protest (for good reasons). And they have good people who like shipping as much as the English fandom does (equal hit and miss). So really, making fun of the French isn't cool. =/
Omg these French people are so crazy hahaha XD!!! They're basically reproducing the work of Team Plasma in the real world and nothing else - for those who don't speak French.

I don't think I will ever get used to what I find on the internet lol. Meowth x Jessie juicy pics? Giovanni drooling at Silver x Archer? Nuway, I didn't want to see that crap! Seriously, each time I see such things it makes me remember how disturbed some people are. I do understand the crushes on young characters, but not such super dirty things involving immature kids and animals.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Seems mean to be bashing the French, really...:/ *watches video* I love the sound of their language. Actually, I love it when a lot of people with European accents such as French, Spanish, and Italian speak English <3

Omg these French people are so crazy hahaha XD!!! They're basically reproducing the work of Team Plasma in the real world and nothing else - for those who don't speak French.

Wow, that's hilarious XD That'd be so cool if they did something like that here XD

I don't think I will ever get used to what I find on the internet lol. Meowth x Jessie juicy pics? Giovanni drooling at Silver x Archer? Nuway, I didn't want to see that crap! Seriously, each time I see such things it makes me remember how disturbed some people are. I do understand the crushes on young characters, but not such super dirty things involving immature kids and animals.

Came across Ghetsis x N the other day. Not unexpected, but not fun, either @~@

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Jorah said:
Seems mean to be bashing the French, really...:/

Came across Ghetsis x N the other day. Not unexpected, but not fun, either @~@

That's a first.

What do you expect from
Spoiler:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years

Not a lot, but seeing as you're blind, I'll just spell if out for you- I was just trying to explain to Advanced why the joke exists. Yes, it did get long-winded though.

Seems mean to be bashing the French, really...:/ *watches video* I love the sound of their language. Actually, I love it when a lot of people with European accents such as French, Spanish, and Italian speak English <3

I doubt anybody here is actually seriously bashing the French. Then again, online jocularity doesn't always transfer well.

Are they really? I might have read the game dialogues too fast.

LOL they sure are. You should consult Bulbapedia for more detailed information. I remember when I first heard about the hype behind the Shadow Triad = Striaton Gym Leaders theory, I didn't know it was just that until I did research online. I actually thought it was canon, and I grossly misunderstood or overlooked something! =/

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I remember when I first heard about the hype behind the Shadow Triad = Striaton Gym Leaders theory, I didn't know it was just that until I did research online. I actually thought it was canon, and I grossly misunderstood or overlooked something! =/

Now that sounds cool!! The Striaton gym leaders working for Team Plasma?? Only in an alternate universe. XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Now that sounds cool!! The Striaton gym leaders working for Team Plasma?? Only in an alternate universe. XD

That's what I said when I first heard the theory as well. I'm starting to look into it a bit more. It's very interesting to see the gym leaders working with Team Plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back