• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia had finished typing up her message as Samuel talked with Diana. "You know, you will have to retrain again. Good thing you didn't get too familiar with the training in your Aron form. You may be a bit slower on the battlefield now, but no doubt your defense is tougher so we'll have to get you on a regular training schedule. Make sure that you know your strengths and make the best of your weaknesses you know?"

Diana nodded, "Right. I still want to become strong, that hasn't changed."

The Absol smirked, "And it shouldn't. We all want to become strong Diana, but for now I would suggest small training exercises. Perhaps Lucia will head out today and if so you can practice against some wild pokemon."

Roberto stared at her, "We'll head out once Lucia is ready. Perhaps to the forests and take on some weaker opponents. The most important thing right now is to get used to your new body in combat and figure out how to move about. I have no experience with Lairons so you will have to figure out most of your strategies yourself."

Samuel cocked his head, "It's possible that we can teach you the mechanic system that Lucia was taught. It will be hard at the beginning, but once you memorize all the commands, you'll be taking opponents by surprise and racking up some wins."

Just as Lucia sent the message she heard the door open, although she didn't immediately check to see who it was and packed up her bag, but once she got up she stood there and nodded. "Mark, I saw your battle with Able. Is she well?" She also saw a girl with him and looked at Mark, "Who is this Mark? A friend?" She asked.

Almost immediately as Mark entered the building a tense atmosphere seemed to hang in the air as the Scizor trained his eyes right on the Sabelye and tensed up. This time, the tension was much heavier although Lucia was quite unaware of it. Samuel got up and approached Mark and looked up at Snype. "Hey. I need to talk to you outside for a moment." He said as he jabbed his head scythe toward the direction of the door.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

So he wouldn't say for sure huh? Still...believing it was the same Lugia from that time and reappearing to him was a pretty interesting idea. He swallowed hard when asked how he knew about that. Before he could reply some girl came up and started...well...yeah jumping into their conversation and all. And translating her pokemon in front of them. But then again, Kenshin was timid about quite a few things.

"...Kinda," he replied to her very weakly. Pikachu stayed on Kenshin's shoulder just to reassure his trainer nothing bad would happen.

Kenshin turned back to Ryan to respond. "...Well...Mom is from those islands," he replied. "Shamouti Island itself."

Takumi Ryuuhiko

Well now, Takumi gave an amused grin as he saw Elizabeth release her Meowth from the other day. He still remembered seeing how she unlocked her pokeball to release that pokemon into the class to demonstrate the ancient pokeball then, and was amused to see this pokemon again on the same subject. Should the Meowth had come by his desk, he would've given the meowth a small pat or rub on the head. Now that Meowth seemed to be hanging around the student Takumi received an odd sense about earlier. He was almost tempted to listen into their conversation by reading their minds, but that would be rude. Besides, he had almost completed his pokeball.

N Harmonia Gropius

Come now Lincoln, if you wanted a simple class you should've never had N for a teacher. NOTHING IS EVER SIMPLE WITH THIS MAN! N blinked as Olivia just got up and drew her pokemon out in front of the class.

"Well, truth be told I was going to make this a group exercise," he began, but then paused as he saw Buneary's expression. "...But still, I think you've volunteered for another good idea at understanding the communication between a trainer and pokemon. Tell me young lady, you do enjoy dressing up your pokemon like this yes?"

He'd wait for an answer, and even if she didn't give one, he'd ask his next question. "It probably took you a long time to groom your buneary like this yes?"

He'd wait for another answer, and again, he'd ask another question reguardless of if she answers or not. "Now tell me...Do you think your Buneary enjoyed getting dressed up like this? Does she look happy?"

Zoroark smirked. He's gotcha girl. No way you're gonna get out of this unscathed.

Zoroark then gave a smirk to Lincoln. Now what could a Master of Illusions and very mischievous pokemon be thinking right now???

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim
Kim laughed at the little aipom, and spoke to shadow What do you keep under that blanket? Another blanket? Kim laughed again and went to held the aipom, Such a cute little savage, I like him. She began petting the pokemon. I wonder why the child fears me so much, I'm absolutely stunning. You on the other hand...

Teal
"I don't think you give yourself enough credit, clearly your pokemon are powerful." He spoke a little loud so that Kira could hear him, "I bet not even Kira could beat you!" He was hoping to get a reaction out of her when suddenly she yelled back.

"Yea right! I wouldn't lose to any student at this academy." She ran up to Teal and lifted him off his feet, "And you better watch your tongue, I may have allowed you to take me home but you certainly have no right to judge how good my pokemon are."

Teal laughed, "So that is what it takes to make you talk to me, I guess angering you is easy enough." Teal meant that as a joke though it really only made Kira more angry.

"I bet you wouldn't be talking if you knew how good I really was." She dropped him back on his feet, "I don't think there is a challenge you can beat me at."

Teal thought for a moment, Well I can't fight fully evolved pokemon in a battle, I'd lose. "Why not a race to the top of the mountain? We can do two teams of three. You up to it?" Kira took the challenge. Teal turned back to Tristen, "How about it you in? you can be on me or Kira's team."

Kira
Kira took her phone out and called the only other person on the island she knew, Rafael "Hey Rafael, you want to be on my team to climb to the top of the tallest mountain?"

Teal looked at her, "The tallest? That's a volcano!"

"What are you scared." She went back to talking on the phone, "Anyways would you like to be on my team? We need to beat the kid from earlier."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm

A race? Tristen made a face. "I'm not exactly a fan of..." She struggled for her words. "... athleticism." Her red eyes looked down at her skinny legs. She was a very good runner (much more so than a weight lifter), but not a very reliable one. The fact that the race was up a volcano made her wary as well--it wasn't the volcano itself, but the clouds of dust that came with it. Tristen was prone to lung problems, including asthma attacks, and puffs of breathable ash and dirt didn't exactly help that, despite her excellent running abilities.

She didn't want to admit to any physical weakness, so she brushed it off. "I guess I could be on your team, but don't be surprised if I just decide to randomly 'slip away' from the race."

Tristen grabbed a long handful of her hair and proceeded to braid it casually. Actually, the idea of running up the side of a volcano sounded questionable. It sounds exactly like something a blind, adrenaline-seeking teenager would do. She pushed her eyebrows together. Teal better take my 'slip away' thought seriously--I might just leave halfway through. This just sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal
Teal figured slipped away meant she wouldn't get to the top, "Well a volcano sound fun and all but it can get dangerous near the top, I'll bring something to cover our faces so we don't inhale any bad smoke." He whispered to Tristen, "You won't have to stay the whole thing if you don't want to, mountain climbing can be very dangerous."

Kira spoke up, "The rules are simple, no flying to the top, and you can't have your pokemon help with anything but their strength!"

Teal spoke up, "I guess I can agree to that."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Shadow

Umm, I don't want to, y'know, talk about it... But I get where you're coming from. Seth tends to not like his mind invaded by someone he doesn't know. Something like that... But if youre trying to hint that I like you, I can tell you now that I agree, at least in the friendship sort of way. He said the last few words kind of quickly, and blushed. Calm down man, you got this... he thought to himself.

So, shall we go? I find this scene to be utterly boring... Shadow said as he looked back at the two trainers, where yet another silence had developed. Floating over to Seth's bag, he mentally grabbed his Pokegear. Seth had given it to him after receiving his cross-transiever last year.

If you would like, you could call Kira right now and find out where she is...

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm

Tristen finished up her braid and looked at Teal. "Okay then. I guess I could start whenever you guys are ready." She grabbed her water bottle and took a quick swig of it and put it back.

She called out to her Skarmory, who was supposed to be flying around nearby. "Skarmory--we're going to be having a race up the volcano. Standby, alright?" Tristen heard a caw from the distance, confirming that he understood.

Ugh. She felt a little shaky. Must be hungry. She searched through her bag and found a small piece of gum and popped it into her mouth--it was the only thing resembling food she had on her. The mint flavor hit her tongue and woke her up a bit.

She bent down to tighten her shoelaces. Tristen had to admit to herself that she was curious how this was going to turn out.

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim
Silly ghost, in what way would I talk to her even if I could call her? Lady Kira does not talk to pokemon like Seth does. She continued to hold the aipom, Anyways if I leave I would have to put down this adorable aipom. She cooed him and made silly sounds as if it were a baby.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Shadow
Right... He occasionnaly forgot that not all humans shared Seth's ability. Well, I guess we could stay here for a bit... Shadow then heard Seth call over the other two, and Shadow turned to look at him. When Shadow saw him returned them to their balls, he reconnected with Seth's mind.

Where to?

Seth

Seth, seeing that Luke wasn't about to respond, and looked kind of uncomfortable, stood up. "Well, im heading back to the campus. U
You can follow if you want..."

He called Apes and Doom from where they were wrestling and returned them to their balls. Feeling Shadow mentally catch his attention, he turned torwards him.

Where to? he heard Shadow ask.

Back to the dorm room. You coming?

Now why wouldn't I? Wait... You think I like her!

It's written all over your face, i saw the way you blushed when she mentioned the forest incident...

You... Sometimes I don't like you...

It happens...
Seth started walking back to the main campus, not checking if either Luke or Shadow was following him.

Should we go? It doesn't appear that this guy will be going... Shadow asked Kim as he watched Seth continue to walk away.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Megan Sandoval
Battlefield #7, Teacher's Lounge

So many W's, D's and L's on her paper. Megan has finally checked everyone off, and answered any questions that needed to be answered. Megan finally finished her first day of class in the morning. She was satisfied at the many students that were eager to learn more about grass and bug-types. She was also impressed of Leah, who finally battled, but gave it her all.

"Bree," Megan turned to Bree, her Espeon, "We're finished for today. Let's head over to the lounge and rest."

"Espeeee!" The Espeon cried happily.

"Though, we do need to go heal Leah first, but the nearest Pokemon Center is at the other side of campus." As the started to walk over to the elevator, she pressed the button, awaiting the signal to get inside the boxed elevator. It looked old and rusty, as it needed modernization. "I also wanted to get some training done for Avan today. He just won't cooperate like earlier. You saw what happened earlier this morning?"The elevator opened, and the teacher and her Pokemon stepped inside. Pressing the L1 button on the side of the elevator and the doors come to a slow close…

A few moments later…

The teacher's lounge, located on the south side of the administration building nearby the entrance, was the place where many teachers, and administrators gather around to eat, as well as rest up during their break periods of teaching. As Megan opened the door, she allowed Bree to go inside first. The place was empty, assuming that many of the professors out there were still teaching their classes, or are still busy.

"Well, we have the place to ourselves." Megan said to Bree. She spotted a newspaper on the coffee table across from the red couch. "We can just chill here for a bit, then we can go home."

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Nervous Encounter!

"Oh, no, we were just enjoying the beach on such a fine day. I take it you just got here... So, what dorm are you in? I'm Entei... Watch it Aipom! Don't do that!" The trainer warned Aipom to not touch Shadow. Aipom slowly lowered it's hand and frowned.

"You might want to keep an eye on Aipom while you're around Shadow, he isn't one to mess around with..."

"Oh, right yes of course.. Aipom's just really curious. Yeah I am just new here. I came here from Pewter City in Kanto." Lucas nervously replied. Although whenever he looked at the Froslass craddling his 'little brother' he thought it was really cute and Lucas becan to laugh. Turning back to Seth he had noticed that he had returned his Pokemon and is walking up the beach. "Maybe I should follow him?" Lucas thought. "He could show me around." Lucas called over to him, "Excuse me.." lowering the volume of his voice as he didn't realise how loud he was. "Could you wait up for a sec?" Lucas walks over to the Froslass and smiles at it. "Excuse me, may I have my little brother back? I'm leaving now and I don't want him to be lonely".

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln stared at the girl and her Buneary, trying to imagine doing something like that to his pokemon. Bixi would probably snap his fingers off as soon as she saw him coming near her with some flowers. Still, now they might actually be learning something he could use, communication. Perhaps now he'd be able to stay focused on the class.

Nika Valentine

"Absoloutely, thank you for the starting point."

Nika walked with Mark into the pokemon center and politely remained quiet while Lucia came up and spoke to him. Lucia didn't remember her, from just a little while ago? Maybe it was a deliberate snub, meant to convey a lack of desire for Nika's company... should she extradite herself from the situation? She never knew which social prompts she was oblivious to and which ones she was reading too much...

Still, Lucia's Scizor was there, so that gave her something to pay attention to. He was a fine example of the species, and he seemed so focused... oh. Mark was right. The Scizor really was giving Mark's Sableye daggers. Very strange.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
All of a sudden when I was finally dozing off I heard the ringing of the phone. I answered it about to yell until I heard Kiras voice. She was asking me if I wanted to join her on a race to the top of the mountain and I smiled still slightly groggy. Pikachu, Lucario and Buizel were still in their Pokeballs so I decided to let them out. Lulu sighed and looked at me, Buizel was full of energy and was jumping around, and Pikachu just went back to sleep except on my bed instead of its Pokeball.

"Pikachu Wake Up" I said and Pikachu slowly woke up and greeted me with a semi large thundershock. I chuckled slightly and looked at Pikachu who was smiling. The one thing I didn't know was where she was but then I remembered that I was still on the phone with her.

"Hey uh Kira where are you?" I asked and got my things ready.

Years
The girl walked over to Ryan and Kenshin and asked if they were talking about the Lugia that had saved the world not so long back, which they of course were. Kenshin answered before Ryan could.
If Ryan wasn't so excited to see people interested in what he had to say, he probably would have taken notice that she had just translated a Pokémon.
"That's right, there was a crazy collector who went to take the three legendary birds but he was stopped by a boy and a Lugia. Plus many other Pokémon." Ryan was very happy to know that these people actually cared about his lesson.
"Ah, so your mother was from Shamouti Island. That makes sense, do they still hold the annual festival there? I went there one time, it was an enjoyable experience mostly, but I'm not much of a party guy as you can probably tell!"
He laughed a little.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Speak of the Devil... Lucia was in the Pokemon Center as well. Figures. She got out of a pretty rough battle herself. But that also meant Roberto was going to be breathing over Snype's shoulder. Lucia eventually walked over to Mark and asked about Nika, while her Absol seemed to be requesting something too. Snype looked down at Samuel curiously.

Snype jumped off of Mark shoulder to Samuel.

"Um... outside? Sure I guess. What's up?" Snype asked.

"Mark noticed Snype jumping down to Samuel.

"Don't take too long Snype. I gotta heal you up too." Mark said. He continued his conversation with Lucia.

"Able's seen better days I'd say. But yeah. Oh, her? Yeah. One of my recent friends I'd say. You can introduce yourself if you like Nika. Lucia's a friend of mine." Mark reassured her.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"Hello." Nika nodded her head in greeting. "I'm Nika, we just had Bug and Grass class together, but I suppose you don't remember. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Nika tried desperately to think of something to say that would endear her to Lucia... why were people so difficult to understand?

"I like you Scizor." Was her lame attempt.​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled. "A pleasure to meet you Nika. I am Lucia Francisco Bernavard, though, you can just call me Lucia for short." She said happily. "I saw you two battling out there, that went pretty roughly didn't it?" As Nika spoke once more Lucia chuckled. "Well, he is trained extensively by the family and Red Legion of course!" She turned to Mark "If you want Mark, I can call up my brother. Right now he's in Hearthrome city defending a client, but he should be open around this time. He has a Ninjask as well, so we can ask him what he did to make sure that Adrian obeyed him."

Samuel saw Snype jump down and nodded, "Won't take long, I assure you." He said as he pushed open one of the doors and led the ghost outside. Roberto's eyes continued to follow, but once the two were out of sight his head snapped back to Lucia as well as the two other humans here. This... Nika girl didn't seem to be that much of a threat, however he couldn't rule her out yet. Only with time could he be truly sure.

Samuel led the way to a tree close to the center and laid down. He was silent for a few moments as he looked around at the grass. "I know it's not fair on your part. It isn't fair to not know why you are being persecuted against, and my being out here will only raise Roberto's suspicions. Tonight, I ask that you meet with me near the Cafeteria. Just the area outside it. Do not tell anyone else where you are heading or who you are meeting. If word gets out that I told you, especially to Roberto... well, you might not see me the next day." He let out a dry chuckle. "This is very important Snype. Do not let anyone see you and do not bring anyone, if you do, I will know and I will never schedule this meeting again. You will never know why Roberto acts this way toward you. Can I trust on you?"

Back at the center Diana walked up and nudged Lucia's leg. "Lair!" She said. Lucia chuckled and kneeled down and petted her head. "Oh! I forgot to tell you Mark! Diana evolved here! Guess she must have really wanted to evolve due to that punishment she took huh?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Your brother has a Ninjask huh? Well... I guess its worth a call. Able is pretty complicated but I've learned a little bit about her in class thankfully. And Nika here helped alot too!" Mark said. Snype walked off with Samuel. He wasn't sure whatever they were talking about... but he hoped it wasn't anything too crazy. Unbeknownst to him, it was.

Snype listened to Samuel discuss his plans to have a meeting with Snype to explain everything to him in private of course to keep it a secret. Snype was a specialist at stealth and he's been by himself before. He didn't see it as a problem. He was just a bit concerned about not telling Mark... well not that he'd understand him anyways.

"Alright then. Tonight it is. I won't tell a soul." Snype said, still a bit suspicious.

Back with Mark, Lucia mentioned that Diana had evolved. Whatever Len did down there it sure did power her up quite alot. Mark decided to let Len out of his Pokeball so that he could see how she was after the battle.

Len looked at her a moment before realizing this was the same Pokemon he had fought before.

"Oh wow...! That hit really did make you stronger! How are you feeling?" Len asked Diana happily. Len had at least a bit of honor with him when fighting. He looked forward to seeing his opponent after a fight to at least say hi to them for the good fight.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"Pleased to meet you Lucia." Nika considered attempting a smile, but something about when she tried seemed to unnerve people. Best not to. "The battle with Mark... it's a shame how things went, but I learned a lot about the kind of trainer I want to be."

What did Lucia mean by her Scizor being trained by 'the family'? Did she mean the Scizors family or hers? Or... a crime family? The Red Legion sounded like a criminal group from one of her dads sci-fi novels... maybe she would be better off catching her own Scyther rather than asking if Lucia was interested in a trade.

When the matter turned to Lucia's Lairon, Nika gave it a quick look. A very strange pokemon, steel type maybe? Not bug type, that was for sure.

"I'm just going to drop my Yanma off at the desk so he can be seen to while we talk. I won't be long." She held up her Dusk Ball as proof - as if there was any doubt.​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"That's cool. Kinda reminds me of the time I got banned from an arcade...I am NEVER going to try going gothic EVER again." Haru didn't want to know what had happened with flower shop. He laughed anyways though. "So yeah..." He didn't know what to say so he just stared into Holly's eyes and kissed her nose. His feelings for her had increased majorly, if that was even possible. "I love you." He squeezed her hands and leaned back. He effing loved her smile. It was perfect in every way. He smiled back and rubbed her back. He hoped Kayla didn't feel to awkward.

Void had an idea...that wasn't good. "Hey Torch, let's train. You and me." The Munchlax knew that the Charmeleon was much stronger, but he didn't care. He wanted to show off for the ladies. He had to prove he was worthy in combat anyways. It had been a long time since he had battles, so he was a little rusty. "Alright. No holding back!" Torch had been itching for a battle, and he couldn't wait to take his anger out on the annoying Munchlax.

Back