• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
So, the crafting skill is used to make armor, right? Just wondering, cause I have a couple of ideas for which perks to choose and this was one of them if it is what I thought. Also, I expect to have the SU up by Friday, as long as nothing bad happens.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
i should kinda point this out that players are only on the first floor so there are lot of things we wouldn't know much about (even the beaters) like sleep PK or how to do things that were shown later in the show.

idk just when im reading it seems that people are a little too familiar with terms. i even think us using terms like PKer or beater is too much because in the show, the term beater wasn't introduced until the first floor boss?

just something to think about.

The term "PKer" is not only used in Sword Art Online... this term is also used in World of Warcraft, Runescape blegh etc.

As for the term "beater" ... You are right that they only came up with the term by the first boss but who says there wasn't someone with the same creativity it's what you want to call creativity? c: More information about who introduced the term "beater" can be read in the new upcoming event post, even though everyone can guess now who that person was d;

PK is a different story, though. In pretty much any MMO where players can kill other players outside of any sort of arena the term PK is used, so it's not at all unlikely that players of SAO would know it.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Thisssss

While the term Beater was coined during the first boss fight, who's to say in this RP that someone didn't have the same idea. It wouldn't take much for two people to have the same idea that the Beta Testers' knowledge allowed them to effectively "cheat" the first stage of the game. However not all Beta Testers are considered Beaters, just those who played enough of the game to have knowledge others didn't. Then again, being a Beta Tester was view in a bad light anyway.

anddd thisss~ I agree to both of them.

So, the crafting skill is used to make armor, right? Just wondering, cause I have a couple of ideas for which perks to choose and this was one of them if it is what I thought. Also, I expect to have the SU up by Friday, as long as nothing bad happens.

Crafting is for making amor and such yes c:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Crafting is for making amor and such yes c:

Have I been confusing Forging with Forgery this whole time? Really though, I was under the impression that forging applied to creating both weapons and armor out of metal, like blacksmithing, and that crafting applied to creating light armors out of hides and such, as well as creating other tools like rope and fishing poles. Stuff like that.

Also, in the wiki (source) it lists weapon making and metal armor making as forging. Soooooo.....

Sapphire Rose

Years
Have I been confusing Forging with Forgery this whole time? Really though, I was under the impression that forging applied to creating both weapons and armor out of metal, like blacksmithing, and that crafting applied to creating light armors out of hides and such, as well as creating other tools like rope and fishing poles. Stuff like that.

Also, in the wiki (source) it lists weapon making and metal armor making as forging. Soooooo.....

……………… *facepalm*

Sorry, you're right ^^;;; how could I make a mistake like that?

Crafting = making accessoires
Forging = making armor and weapons

I'm sorry for the false information I gave you before, I must've read your question too fast.

Colony

Years
So things like rings, necklaces, and bracelets = crafting, while weapons and armor = forging... got it.

Additional note: Almost done with the SU. Just need to finish the appearance and history. This is probably the most work I've put into an SU so far so hopefully it comes out OK.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I have another question regarding PK-ing. How did Kuradeel kill Godfree and the others in the manga while they are not in a battle against each other? Thank you.

Sapphire Rose

Years
I have another question regarding PK-ing. How did Kuradeel kill Godfree and the others in the manga while they are not in a battle against each other? Thank you.

I actually think that the anime and manga didn't think throughly by some situations.

For example the part where Kuradeel killed Godfree without being in a battle.

And did anyone notice that the Liz in SAO has pink eyes and pink hair while she has brown hair and Brown eyes in the real world? I thought that the hand mirror would show their real life appearences? There are some things that can't be explained in the anime and manga, that doesn't make it less awesome though.

So shortly said: I don't know how Kuradeel could kill Godfree without being in a battle with him while the anime explains that players can only kill each other in battles or during sleep PK

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
For example the part where Kuradeel killed Godfree without being in a battle.

So shortly said: I don't know how Kuradeel could kill Godfree without being in a battle with him while the anime explains that players can only kill each other in battles or during sleep PK
As long as you're not in town, SAO allows for PKs regardless of being in a duel or not. In fact, PKs by duels aren't even really frowned upon because, put simply, they're accepted (though, in many cases, they don't end in death). Otherwise PKs are free game.

miltankRancher

Years
As long as you're not in town, SAO allows for PKs regardless of being in a duel or not. In fact, PKs by duels aren't even really frowned upon because, put simply, they're accepted (though, in many cases, they don't end in death). Otherwise PKs are free game.

Oh, so that's why. Got it. Thank you for explaining that.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Another (source)

I was wondering about PKing, because if you can only do so in battles then Dotcom's whole story is invalid because I don't think he challenged his guildmates one by one then killed them. Speaking of Dotcom, is the color cursor included in this? If so, what color would Dotcom be (orange or "red", unless the month has changed him back to green)?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kuradeel killed Godfree while they were in the wild, outside of town. If you're not in a safety zone, you're susceptible to nearly anything, Player Killing included.

EDIT:

Shiren is sitting atop a pillar of the ruins at the moment, open for interaction if anyone else would climb another pillar, or try to simply jump up onto them, as Shiren did.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Really? :/ I thought these things only happened in battles…

To all PK'ers in the game: i'm going to discuss with ShinyDiamond about keeping the PK'er rules to keep PKing hard to commit. Like I said: no one has to be killed when they don't want to and i'm afraid that without these rules some players will be killed without actually wanting it.

Another (source)

I was wondering about PKing, because if you can only do so in battles then Dotcom's whole story is invalid because I don't think he challenged his guildmates one by one then killed them. Speaking of Dotcom, is the color cursor included in this? If so, what color would Dotcom be (orange or "red", unless the month has changed him back to green)?

His history was made when I hadn't thought of the rules yet, mind me please.

EDIT: ShinyDiamond agrees with you guys, the PK'er rules are banned… PK'ers can kill anywhere outside the safety zones but are not allowed to kill players without the permission of the owner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
And did anyone notice that the Liz in SAO has pink eyes and pink hair while she has brown hair and Brown eyes in the real world? I thought that the hand mirror would show their real life appearences? There are some things that can't be explained in the anime and manga, that doesn't make it less awesome though.
I'd imagine there are ingame items that let's one change the colour of hair and stuff since its only a digital world.

also, when you say manga, you're referring to the light novel, right? because as far as I'm aware, the light novel is canon, the anime was based off the light novel and the manga was based off the anime?

miltankRancher

Years
Well, I am not planning on killing anyone just that. I am planning to kill whoever wants to drop-out in the middle. We're going to correspond, and make his/her final posts, probably a joint post and such. If nobody wants to drop out, then I guess I have no choice but to refrain from killing. T.T

Also, I made my history with Kuradeel-killing-Godfree incident in mind. Just ruthlessly, outside safe zones when we were alone. T.T

Sapphire Rose

Years
I'd imagine there are ingame items that let's one change the colour of hair and stuff since its only a digital world.

also, when you say manga, you're referring to the light novel, right? because as far as I'm aware, the light novel is canon, the anime was based off the light novel and the manga was based off the anime?

It wasn't mentioned that she actually used these items so I wouldn't know, it was just something I found kinda weird d:

And I mean the light novel and anime, yes.

Well, I am not planning on killing anyone just that. I am planning to kill whoever wants to drop-out in the middle. We're going to correspond, and make his/her final posts, probably a joint post and such. If nobody wants to drop out, then I guess I have no choice but to refrain from killing. T.T

Also, I made my history with Kuradeel-killing-Godfree incident in mind. Just ruthlessly, outside safe zones when we were alone. T.T

You don't have to worry about the history d: it's not like SD and I were planning to tell you to change it ^^;; accepted is accepted, so we won't ask for changes in the SU's just because some rules changed… but since the PK'er rules changed again… that means your history makes sense again c:

Off-topic: remember my English exam? I got a 99%~ :3

Colony

Years
Real Life Name: Mark Dillin

In-Game Name: Nirvana

Appearance:
He's a very cheerful looking guy, great smile, happy face, fair skinned, and all that. As far as his looks go he has medium-long length, blonde hair that can cover his eyes, though he usually keeps his hair out of his face by wearing a headband or combing it to the side. If his hair is covering his face it indicates his personality is evil. His eyes are a very dark brown that look black if not very observant. Height is an even 6'0", while his weight is about 180 pounds. Currently he wears the basic starting outfit, but his clothing/armor is everchanging due to his fear of being caught as a PK'er.

Personality:
Mark is an individual that often has severe personality changes every few hours. Normally he is a nice guy. He often helps people with their studies, and when he can he volounteers for his local Boys and Girls Club. He loves playing games with kids and he likes to show them that competition is good, but winning isn't everything. Mark's other personality is completely different. This other personality is sadistic, and cruel. He likes to lead people on, and decieve them, such as giving them the wrong advice for an important test. It's this side of him that leads him to commit heinous acts against other players. No one knows if Mark can be saved from his dark half, but he hopes that someone can cleanse his "soul."

When Mark recieved SAO it became a new reality for him. He dubbed himself Nirvana as a constant reminder that he wanted to cleanse himself of his other half. He enjoys playing the game with others and loves to help out the younger players with their character development. His other half takes over occasionally, and when it does it prefers to PK. When the logout button disappeared Mark became distraught with himself. He still wanted to help people, but his other self continued to commit PKs. This has led him to be more sensitive to mental instability and can cause him to have anxiety attacks over the lives he has taken. He will also become hostile during these panic attacks, so beware.

Clever, sneaky, resourceful all describe Nirvana's ability in the field. Always ready to use any ability, skill, or resource to gain an advantage. If the opponent is limping he'll go for the legs, if their sword is large and heavy he'll attempt to outspeed the enemy and disarm them. Two of his mottos are "A person can't attack without a weapon," and "A motionless defence is a weak defence." Nirvana is also not above using poisons and traps to win, so beware, the soup may kill you. He dabbles in forging to help keep his gear modern and to change his appearance, as to avoid any individual from noticing his Pk'ing second life. He prefers to use light armor, and steathy weapons, though sabres are also a preferred weapon.

History:
Mark was only 14 when he started developing his secondary personality. Him and his father were going to start building a car together and they needed some parts from the local scrapyard. Now, normally this would be a uneventful day, but it just so happened that a local gang started to do drug deals at the scrapyard. While they were rummaging for parts they interrupted one of these deals. The gang opened fire on Mark and his dad in an attempt to silence them, luckily they were pretty bad shots (that's what happens when you hold a gun sideways -_-). The two made a run for it, but their car was found by the gang. Mark's dad was lucky that he remembered his phone, and as such he was able to call the police. The gang noticed his dad talking and immediately closed in on them. His dad panicked and threw himself at one of the gang members. The gang member's gun flew towards Mark and landed at his feet, but that's when it happened. The gun fired when it landed, and the bullet connected with Mark's dad, thus killing him. At that moment something in Mark snapped. Almost immediately the police arrived, too late to have prevented the casualty. Fast forward to right before SAO.

Mark was attending college, studying to be a teacher to be precise. One of his friends told him about a game called Sword Art Online, and about how it was one of the most anticipated games of all time. Somehow he was persuaded into waiting in line with this friend and ultimately they both bought a copy. Mark was struggling with his other personality at the time so he was happy to have a stress reliever. The game was like nothing he had ever seen before, so realistic, so visceral, it was just awe inspiring. During the time before the logout button disappeared he was helping new players, even though he was new as well. Occasionally he would lose control and his other self would commit a PK. At the time it seemed harmless, other than the stealing part of course. His other self became far worse when the logout button disappeared.

It still haunts him, his first PK that actually killed someone. Even though he didn't have control over the part of him that did the crime, he blames himself. The first Pk was a younger player out in the fields. She was worn out from fighting mobs and was on her way back to town when his other self decided to pounce. It was almost instant, he activated Loki's Prize and the PK was confirmed. This kind of predation has become weekly, and as a result Mark has become unstable. His increasing instability has resulted in him lashing out at anybody who makes him feel uncomfortable. One of the people that he lashed out against has demanded his head , so now Mark is on the run.

Skills:
Non-Combat Skills: Forging
Passive Skills: Hiding
Combat Skills: Delay
Weapon Skills: One Handed Curved Blade

Sword Arts:
Loki's Prize - The user leans forward while crouching placing one hand on the ground (not the user's sword arm), the weapon glows turquoise and an illusion of the user launches itself at the enemy while the user goes into <Hiding> and attempts to sneak attack the opponent. Has a wide array of damage output, but the maximum is at 200% normal attack damage (very rare and enemy must be significantly weaker). Can easily be dodged by using Detection, and is only usable with One Handed Curved Blades or One Handed Daggers.

Draught of Delirium - The user swings their weapon to the side, the blade turns crimson. Now the user dashes forward and launches an assault of five attacks aimed at, in order, the enemy's weapon hand, their weak knee, their empty hand, their strong knee, and finally their neck. The first four attacks deal 50% normal attack damage and if all previous attacks hit the fifth attack does 80% normal attack damage. If this attack results in a kill the user will recover 1/5 of the enemy's total health. Requires either a PK or Boss kill to learn.

Level: 10

Code: Link Start​

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Real Life Name: Mark Dillin

In-Game Name: Nirvana

Appearance:
He's a very cheerful looking guy, great smile, happy face, fair skinned, and all that. As far as his looks go he has medium-long length, blonde hair that can cover his eyes, though he usually keeps his hair out of his face by wearing a headband or combing it to the side. If his hair is covering his face it indicates his personality is evil. His eyes are a very dark brown that look black if not very observant. Height is an even 6'0", while his weight is about 180 pounds. Currently he wears the basic starting outfit, but his clothing/armor is everchanging due to his fear of being caught as a PK'er.

Personality:
Mark is an individual that often has severe personality changes every few hours. Normally he is a nice guy. He often helps people with their studies, and when he can he volounteers for his local Boys and Girls Club. He loves playing games with kids and he likes to show them that competition is good, but winning isn't everything. Mark's other personality is completely different. This other personality is sadistic, and cruel. He likes to lead people on, and decieve them, such as giving them the wrong advice for an important test. It's this side of him that leads him to commit heinous acts against other players. No one knows if Mark can be saved from his dark half, but he hopes that someone can cleanse his "soul."

When Mark recieved SAO it became a new reality for him. He dubbed himself Nirvana as a constant reminder that he wanted to cleanse himself of his other half. He enjoys playing the game with others and loves to help out the younger players with their character development. His other half takes over occasionally, and when it does it prefers to PK. When the logout button disappeared Mark became distraught with himself. He still wanted to help people, but his other self continued to commit PKs. This has led him to be more sensitive to mental instability and can cause him to have anxiety attacks over the lives he has taken. He will also become hostile during these panic attacks, so beware.

Clever, sneaky, resourceful all describe Nirvana's ability in the field. Always ready to use any ability, skill, or resource to gain an advantage. If the opponent is limping he'll go for the legs, if their sword is large and heavy he'll attempt to outspeed the enemy and disarm them. Two of his mottos are "A person can't attack without a weapon," and "A motionless defence is a weak defence." Nirvana is also not above using poisons and traps to win, so beware, the soup may kill you. He dabbles in forging to help keep his gear modern and to change his appearance, as to avoid any individual from noticing his Pk'ing second life. He prefers to use light armor, and steathy weapons, though sabres are also a preferred weapon.

History:
Mark was only 14 when he started developing his secondary personality. Him and his father were going to start building a car together and they needed some parts from the local scrapyard. Now, normally this would be a uneventful day, but it just so happened that a local gang started to do drug deals at the scrapyard. While they were rummaging for parts they interrupted one of these deals. The gang opened fire on Mark and his dad in an attempt to silence them, luckily they were pretty bad shots (that's what happens when you hold a gun sideways -_-). The two made a run for it, but their car was found by the gang. Mark's dad was lucky that he remembered his phone, and as such he was able to call the police. The gang noticed his dad talking and immediately closed in on them. His dad panicked and threw himself at one of the gang members. The gang member's gun flew towards Mark and landed at his feet, but that's when it happened. The gun fired when it landed, and the bullet connected with Mark's dad, thus killing him. At that moment something in Mark snapped. Almost immediately the police arrived, too late to have prevented the casualty. Fast forward to right before SAO.

Mark was attending college, studying to be a teacher to be precise. One of his friends told him about a game called Sword Art Online, and about how it was one of the most anticipated games of all time. Somehow he was persuaded into waiting in line with this friend and ultimately they both bought a copy. Mark was struggling with his other personality at the time so he was happy to have a stress reliever. The game was like nothing he had ever seen before, so realistic, so visceral, it was just awe inspiring. During the time before the logout button disappeared he was helping new players, even though he was new as well. Occasionally he would lose control and his other self would commit a PK. At the time it seemed harmless, other than the stealing part of course. His other self became far worse when the logout button disappeared.

It still haunts him, his first PK that actually killed someone. Even though he didn't have control over the part of him that did the crime, he blames himself. The first Pk was a younger player out in the fields. She was worn out from fighting mobs and was on her way back to town when his other self decided to pounce. It was almost instant, he activated Loki's Prize and the PK was confirmed. This kind of predation has become weekly, and as a result Mark has become unstable. His increasing instability has resulted in him lashing out at anybody who makes him feel uncomfortable. One of the people that he lashed out against has demanded his head , so now Mark is on the run.

Skills:
Non-Combat Skills: Forging
Passive Skills: Hiding
Combat Skills: Delay
Weapon Skills: One Handed Curved Blade

Sword Arts:
Loki's Prize - The user leans forward while crouching placing one hand on the ground (not the user's sword arm), the weapon glows turquoise and an illusion of the user launches itself at the enemy while the user goes into <Hiding> and attempts to sneak attack the opponent. Medium-Weak Damage, but can execute an enemy with a yellow health bar instantly. Can easily be dodged by using Detection, and is only usable with One Handed Curved Blades or One Handed Daggers.

Draught of Delirium - The user swings their weapon to the side, the blade turns crimson. Now the user dashes forward and launches an assualt of five attacks aimed at, in order, the enemy's weapon hand, their weak knee, their empty hand, their strong knee, and finally their neck. It does strong damage if all five attacks hit, otherwise it does medium damage, and if this attack results in a kill the user will recover 1/5 of the enemy's total health. Amount of health recovered can be increased by constant use. Requires either a PK or Boss kill to learn.

Level: 10

Code: Link Start​

Draught of Delirium is way to powerful, Sword Arts don't do instant kills unless the player is low-leveled.

"Amount of health recovered can be increased by constant use." <-- I want you to delete this sentence.

Only those two changes and it'll be alright I guess c: I'll ask for ShinyDiamond's opinion when he wakes up ^^ I do like your character though, he's unique :3 I don't see characters with a split personality often ;D

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Saito should show up soon, before everyone considers the event a dud and storms off.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Saito should show up soon, before everyone considers the event a dud and storms off.

I was writing the event post when my parents disconnected my computer from the internet. They don't plan on connecting it again so i'm writing the event post on my phone now.

For the people who are going to be like "don't disobey your parents" … well, let's just say my stepfather and I aren't the best of friends and is punishing me whenever possible, that's all you need to know. c:

Back