• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2015
I just wanted to say BIG THANKS to Wesley FG and all people who helped creating this hack and translating it to English, i was very sad when i saw how strange are looking new pokemon games 4 Nintendo DS, and this hack is just incredible in many ways...
Reading this thread i see that some people had problems with bugs, i just came now in Lauren region and so far game is working flawless for me.

Btw can someone please tell me where to find rock climb?

I really tryed to search but this thread has way too many pages to look at all posts, and only other thread where someone asked was locked :(

EDIT: loool it was in first Lauren gym , stupid me :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
I dont know if anyone else had this problem, but with the new final beta (English), theres a Lass in the second room of Mt. Lauren, and when she sends out her Bellossom, the game flashes colors and then the game crashes and says "bad jump" and then the emulator crashes when I press A. This happened on pretty much every emulator. VBA, No$GBA, BoyCott Advance, GPSP (It works for me, well until that point in the game). Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
I hate to be rude, but I must ask. Why the hell, is this game so damn hard to download. I've tried everything. Downloading the .gba files on your site. Even downloading .ips files and patching them to ruby and firered (the official website strangely said firered was a hack base) So seriously......wtf.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
I hate to be rude, but I must ask. Why the hell, is this game so damn hard to download. I've tried everything. Downloading the .gba files on your site. Even downloading .ips files and patching them to ruby and firered (the official website strangely said firered was a hack base) So seriously......wtf.
I agree. It is very hard to find a working rom for this game. The hack base is Ruby, but it has to be 1.0, and its hard to find a Ruby 1.0 rom (that works!). I had to download it on a different site, but I cant remember what it was. All I know is that it took at least a couple hours before I found it, and I almost gave up looking for it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's really not hard to download, what you're probably trying to describe is making the ROM work.
And it works with no problems if you just have emulator from Wes' page as well. ;)

Reading this thread i see that some people had problems with bugs, i just came now in Lauren region and so far game is working flawless for me.
Hey, nice to see someone who does not have any bugs =D

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
After reading the few latest posts, I apologize for the questions I have asked before. People asking the same questions over and over can indeed be extremely annoying

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
Read the latest two or three pages and you will find that the bug fix is coming.
No bypass is yet available, besides cheating, obviously.

Please read&search before asking and it would be a big help.

actually from what I am reading is they did not get permission from wesley to release the bug free version. So that's why I was asking if someone can teach me how to fix that bug by myself since I am stuck on there for three days

Years
what's the point playing the game when it's not finished?? i mean if you play in beta it's waste of time because you can't finish game,it's better to wait untill it's fully finished...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
cant wait for the final version :D!

what's the point playing the game when it's not finished?? i mean if you play in beta it's waste of time because you can't finish game,it's better to wait untill it's fully finished...

This IS the final version, just a few bugs remain, so it may get a minor update, but it is fully playable.

And people play betas as they are releases to get a feel for the hack, doesn't matter if you can finish it or not, as it gives a taste of their work!

Years
Right...It's been 2 years,when will they finish it 100 percent? I'm not asking for release date,so don't remove my post,I'm just wondering...

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
actually from what I am reading is they did not get permission from wesley to release the bug free version. So that's why I was asking if someone can teach me how to fix that bug by myself since I am stuck on there for three days
You must have mis-read. Wesley DID give them permission to clear all the bugs, you just have to wait for the bug-free version to come out.

Right...It's been 2 years,when will they finish it 100 percent? I'm not asking for release date,so don't remove my post,I'm just wondering...

Dude, he just told you it is finished. 100 pct finished!
Has a few bugs, but not major ones anyway

But it is finished

Back