• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A Very Cute Valentine's Day Event: Cupid's Arrow

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If we got pink usernames, I think I'd flip and roll around and ahhhhh can we do that please?!
Can we do it just to see this happen?

In all seriousness, I love the idea of having pink names for the day and it'd be a great way to test it for the future. ;)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't know about pairing people together in a contest because.. well I don't feel you can rate how two people get along together when you don't know them.. so for a romance competition.. naahhh.. not sure about that! but I think it would be reaalllyyy cute to sorta raffle people into pairs just to make new friends on the forums.. just so we can say no one was purposely lonely for v-day when they didn't wanna be! :3
Love doesn't have to mean romance.. it can be friendships too :3

Droomph: you mean like those compatibility multiple choice tests that they used to do at some highschools for fun?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like the idea of pink usernames and I liked Toujours' newlywed game idea, for those of us that don't want a random pairing and would rather do that with someone. I don't see why we can't have that as well as the pairing thingie that's being talked about.

Honest

Hi!
Years
We can! If people believe that it's a nice idea, that is. And by the responses, I feel like it can become a success. Granted, it's a new idea, so this'll be a test. But who knows, if it does really well, maybe it become an annual thing! Think of the possibilities!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't know about pairing people together in a contest because.. well I don't feel you can rate how two people get along together when you don't know them.. so for a romance competition.. naahhh.. not sure about that! but I think it would be reaalllyyy cute to sorta raffle people into pairs just to make new friends on the forums.. just so we can say no one was purposely lonely for v-day when they didn't wanna be! :3
Love doesn't have to mean romance.. it can be friendships too :3
This was pretty much my thinking too, there's just a lot of logistical issues with the pairing plan and in reality I don't know just how well it'd work out haha. I do love the idea of pairing people up so that they can become friends, but the idea of being able to choose who's paired with who accurately enough to do that is a difficult one! What could work is changing it slightly into a sort of 'speed dating'-esque situation where users that enter end up talking to several members for a few minutes at a time or whatever (not sure exactly how this'd work but I'm sure Nica can think of something :p) and basically just meet as many new potential friends in one day as possible rather than having to risk meeting only one? And to make it more appealing, everyone who takes part could get the pink username for the day. ;)

(Actually on a serious note about the username bit, if everyone taking part did have a pink username or a userbar or icon or whatever for the day it'd be a lot easier to know who's available for "speed dating" with on the day so it might not be such a bad idea.)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
(Actually on a serious note about the username bit, if everyone taking part did have a pink username or a userbar or icon or whatever for the day it'd be a lot easier to know who's available for "speed dating" with on the day so it might not be such a bad idea.)

I really like this! Also if people need help organizing it, I'd be more than happy to help. If Nica wanted to do it but needed some help. Or if Bloodex wants to have a chat with me and we can submit a rough sort of thread idea for approval, I think it would take a lot less stress off the mods for it to be possible. I've had a similar idea in the past so I had really thought about this before and planned it all out too.. so if any of you are open to a collab or just for me to help out then I would be happy to since I'd really like to see this come to light!

It'd be a cool comeback thing methinks, since the Adoption Center got closed down.. may help some oldies get to know some newbies and vice-versa. What do you guys say?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think Speed Dating is a great idea but a lot of work, switching up the partners and such. Well actually now that I'm thinking about it the work wouldn't be TOO bad because you could just set it up like a circle just like in real life and then you just change the pairs one shift down or up and make it work. It would have to be for longer than a few minutes like real Speed Dating though, since this is PC and not real life so conversations aren't in real-time. XD

Also it might want to be in small chunks - like 2-4 hours at a time. Because I know if it's any weekday there's a very good chance I wouldn't be able to be around all day, and probably that's true of a lot of people, so maybe it should be spread out over a couple days with like 2 Speed Dating events per day or something? It relies a lot on making sure the people who are participating are actually there the entire time so you're gonna have to find a way to work around that to make sure it's convenient for a lot of people. I'm sure there is a way though!

Edit: I do think we should stick to one, two events at tops though. This is Valentine's Day, not a GT.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Perhaps instead of a "switching partners" thing it could be more of a "talk to as many people as possible from the list of entrants for x amount of time and provide proof" competition/for an emblem or something like that...? Then if the entrants were marked somehow (eg pink name, userbars, whatever) it'd be a lot easier and loads of people would get to talk to each other with the knowledge that the other person wants to make new friends. I don't know, it's all very rough but that's how I kind of imagine it happening haha.

But like Kura said, I'll be more than happy to help out with planning and such. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
(not sure exactly how this'd work but I'm sure Nica can think of something :p)
user signs up to the event, and posts their timezone and when they can be online. the timezones are sorted in the first post, as well when they can be on, sorted down to hours. every hour a new round can start. in the time the user must go through anyone who has signed up to be on in that hour and find out 5 certain things (the criteria would be given by the person starting the thread) through a series of questions (via private message) - in which they must end the pm exchange in a compliment of some sort. if people are offline that doesn't matter because they can go ahead later on in other rounds as there's effectively 24 rounds. there could be four or so hosts so each timezone is covered for the day and when each round is about to start they can send a short pre-typed vm to each person so they're aware it's starting. as an added bonus, person who has the most facts (and has been fact-checked/confirmed by one of the hosts -- which could easily be done) at the end of all the rounds wins an emblem or maybe a supporter tier 3 as a sign of good faith or something idk ppn would probably be for it if it involves bringing the community together ~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
user signs up to the event, and posts their timezone and when they can be online. the timezones are sorted in the first post, as well when they can be on, sorted down to hours. every hour a new round can start. in the time the user must go through anyone who has signed up to be on in that hour and find out 5 certain things (the criteria would be given by the person starting the thread) through a series of questions (via private message) - in which they must end the pm exchange in a compliment of some sort. if people are offline that doesn't matter because they can go ahead later on in other rounds as there's effectively 24 rounds. there could be four or so hosts so each timezone is covered for the day and when each round is about to start they can send a short pre-typed vm to each person so they're aware it's starting. as an added bonus, person who has the most facts (and has been fact-checked/confirmed by one of the hosts -- which could easily be done) at the end of all the rounds wins an emblem or maybe a supporter tier 3 as a sign of good faith or something idk ppn would probably be for it if it involves bringing the community together ~

Seems rather over-complicated, no? I think the idea of just having the entrants talk to each other how and when they'd like would probably be better and easier for everyone then if there's some kind of judging to be done, just base it on how many people they managed to speak to or something. I don't see a need to over-complicate it so much for an event like this when the idea's just to introduce people make friends haha. As much freedom as possible over who & when you talk to would be ideal imo. You're more likely to make friends if you're not being forced to talk to them and having to talk about certain things. x] Spontaneity in approaching & talking to someone is a wonderful trait <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd still rather just have one pair throughout the whole time. xD Seems like it'd be more fun that way, and you get to know the person more, with maybe some trivia stuff afterward. That's just my two cents, though.
Do you mean like the Mr & Mrs idea that came up earlier where both answer a quiz about the other person and see how much you really know? That's a great idea too tbh, it's a shame we can't do both haha. That'd definitely be a lot more personal and a better way to make a good friend, but what if you got stuck with someone you don't get along with? Would that be a big turn-off for you? It's impossible to always pair up compatible people xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not into making it a competition to talk to as many people as possible tbh. I like it as a non-competitive thing, because when it becomes a competition people get...well, competitive - think a PM exchange of 2 messages, one with the questions + a "you're a nice person" at the end, and a reply with the answers and "you're cool too" at the end, haha.

I do think the planning will need to be complicated though, as it's a complicated event.

Back